Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:27:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EVE the 3rd great war 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EVE the 3rd great war  (Read 10906 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: January 14, 2010, 01:32:18 AM

It has begun.

Now might be a good time to resubscribe.

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:28:35 AM

Thanks for such a wonderful and informative post.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 05:32:08 AM

This is onetime that more info isn't required.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 06:26:39 AM

If you don't play more info is helpful and Eve is definitely one of those games where there's a lot of entertainment to be had just by watching things.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 06:55:29 AM

Well the tl;dr from the WAR thread is as follows:

PL have collapsed leaving a power vacuum in Fountain which IT are busy filling as quickly as possible.

-A-  have spent a lot of money and sleepless nights trying without success to break down the doors in 49-U

With PL's collapse confirmed and SoT either complicit or impotent, Molle has decided to keep the momentum going and has announced a general invasion of Delve to start at 18:00 today.

-A- have relaunched their offensive and SYS-K will inevitably come to play in the south.

Goonswarm allies are busy either evacuating to Jita or losing a war vs Tri and Atlas so we're surrounded and outgunned. The new sov mechanics give the defender a hefty advantage if they choose to take it though.

With the exception of a few broken pots we are generally positive about this situation. There will be a lot of fighting over things that people can clearly understand the relevance of which will be good for morale and thus turnout.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 07:00:22 AM

49-U, the graveyard of Empires....  Oh the many weeks of fun that was had trying to take that f-ing system.

PL collapsed?  WTF?  Those guys had their #@$% together much more than GS and co...
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 07:04:17 AM

Thanks btw!

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 07:39:09 AM

I've got a Machariel in C6Y, no way in hell I'm giving that bitch up without a fight.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 10:35:29 AM

Who is IT again?

That should probably be clarified.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 10:40:00 AM

PL have collapsed
How came? Admittedly i wasn't paying attention to EVE at all in last few months but they seemed to be strong enough back then it feels rather abrupt.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 10:41:20 AM

IT is the third iteration of BoB. After hitting a low point in coming up with alliance names they outdid themselves post involuntary dissolution when they came up with the name of Kenzoku. Many suspected that this represented the very nadir of thinking up names. Nobody should ever bet against Molle to outdo himself in hilariously poorly thought out PR though and now the scourge of Eve is represented by a cartoon clown gimmick and unironic references to Juggalo culture.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 10:43:11 AM

PL have collapsed leaving a power vacuum in Fountain which IT are busy filling as quickly as possible.

-A-  have spent a lot of money and sleepless nights trying without success to break down the doors in 49-U

With PL's collapse confirmed and SoT either complicit or impotent, Molle has decided to keep the momentum going and has announced a general invasion of Delve to start at 18:00 today.

-A- have relaunched their offensive and SYS-K will inevitably come to play in the south.

Goonswarm allies are busy either evacuating to Jita or losing a war vs Tri and Atlas so we're surrounded and outgunned. The new sov mechanics give the defender a hefty advantage if they choose to take it though.

With the exception of a few broken pots we are generally positive about this situation. There will be a lot of fighting over things that people can clearly understand the relevance of which will be good for morale and thus turnout.

So, what can some one starting right now do in all of this?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 10:46:36 AM

Newbies pretty much get showered with endless free frigates.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 10:58:10 AM

Dam, was hoping for hookers
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 11:09:35 AM

There will be a stripper in the cargo hold of every Rifter!

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 11:12:33 AM

Dam, was hoping for hookers

I can't imagine a hooker encounter in eve would be very exciting.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 11:33:52 AM

another Eve recruitment thread? 
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 11:41:27 AM

Supposedly that free reactivation is good until the end of the month btw.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 11:57:43 AM

In all seriousness, for a new player just joining now, how much time is required per day/week to be effective and part of the game?  It always seems interesting, but I don't have catass potential in me anymore.

Also, for those jumping in now, is it best to just stick with the F13 corp for the time being?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 12:03:40 PM

If you're just a tackle buddy, one of the vets will set you up and you'll be good to go in a few hours. Then you can pretty much play as you please and are able.

If you want to be anything more substantial, it will require quite a bit more investment.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 02:21:32 PM

another Eve recruitment thread? 

Yeah the other one isn't even halfway down the page.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 03:58:56 PM

The other one, however, mentions "if you join in the next few days". I take it you are still recruiting?

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 06:40:33 AM

The other one, however, mentions "if you join in the next few days". I take it you are still recruiting?

Always!! not during war

At any rate I am one of those people who loves to be part of General Custer's Army with internet spaceships, so I'll be flying in fleets for the duration.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:46:57 AM by slog »

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 06:41:02 AM

No we are not recruiting.  No this is not a recruitment thread.  We don't recruit in wartime (maybe very long term posters with a lot of posts but security will be tight).

This is a "holy shit bitter vets we're outnumbered many-to-one and we're just maybe going to win get back in on this" thread.

Although to be here it should probably include more info, so...

PL collapsed?  WTF?  Those guys had their #@$% together much more than GS and co...

So many of us thought.  But for several weeks we were the only thing propping up PL and SOT.  PL's strategic-level leadership were jaded or gone, their membership padded with FOTM-chasing pubbies, and their will to fight evaporated.  They didn't defend their R64 moons, they drifted into irrelevance and they sleep-walked into being invaded. Meanwhile, Goons were winning virtually every fleet fight (lol K/D), but PL pets Sons of Tangra were heavily infiltrated by spies and handed three stations to IT Alliance in a week, without which IT would have been utterly stuck.

Then some retarded decisions and game-changing lag in a single fleet-fight broke PL.  When your existence ispredicated upon being the best then as Bob showed in 49-, getting really hammered can break your will overnight.

They helped us out in Delve II, so I'd have kept helping them as long as they wanted, but in the end they didn't want it enough to log in.

Now, we have about six and a half thousand hostiles on one border, five thousand hostiles active on our other border, and probably another eight thousand from the south-east and north-west who will come over to try to kill us any chance they get.  We're going to lose some stations: current problems with lag mean that we'll just not even be able to get into some attacked systems to prevent it.  But I think that four-to-one might - just might - not quite be a big enough bandwagon, if Karttoon turns out to be worthy of his alliance after all.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 06:53:27 AM

Welp, to the interested outsider, the Dramatis Personae are:

"Us" - The narrator.  Goonswarm: our dashing heroes, fighting against incredible odds against the tained forces of corruption and RMT-fuelled hostility which surround us on every side.  Think of Errol Flynn crossed with Legolas after who has saved an orphan from certain death.

Pandemic Legion - Until recently, our neighbours to the north.  Small but feared for a long time, they grew wealthy, bloated and homeless, in that order.  They failed to log in in 0.0 to defend their space.  Now they fail to log in in empire, instead.

IT Alliance - Née Band of Brothers, née Kenzoku.  Formerly thought invincible due to their ties to the game's developers, they were beaten and killed twice by Goonswarm and friends.  They are back, twice the size and hungry for a modicum of payback.

Against All Authorities - Former allies of Goonswarm they pulled a Pearl Harbour when their leader received IRL cash payments to attack us.  Faililng to beat us in two seperate attempts, they are the only power to have been on the losing side of every Delve war so far.  Still, they are older, wealthier and blessed with many more supercapitals than us.  They also bring a vast coalition of dependent pets.

Other characters include Atlas, attacking our last remaining allies in the north from one side, and Triumvirate, sent to attack the Northern Coalition from the other direction.  Thus, Goonfleet, (along with smaller forces ZAF and Rebellion) stand alone.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 09:16:53 AM

Triumvirate, née Triumvirate, née Triumvirate.

amirite?

Witty banter not included.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 09:50:41 AM

I love wars in Eve! It gives me something to read without having to actually play the game.

I am dead serious about this.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 12:53:27 PM

I love wars in Eve! It gives me something to read without having to actually play the game.

I am dead serious about this.

You're not the only one.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 02:24:57 PM

I really hope this is the end of Goons, never fucking liked them and if they dissolve into something more palatable I may have to consider poking my head in to see whats up.  Please do keep us posted.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 03:01:52 PM

I really hope this is the end of Goons, never fucking liked them and if they dissolve into something more palatable I may have to consider poking my head in to see whats up.  Please do keep us posted.

(a) you believe too much propaganda, from both sides

(b) you are going to be disappointed if you think that either outcome will be "the end of Goons".

Twitter - Endieposts

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 03:09:10 PM

I hope goons win.  They are the underdogs and provide one of the few points of diversity in an otherwise bland imaginary universe.  I hate bandwagoning.  Both IT and -A- are fine examples of it.

"Me am play gods"
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 03:18:30 PM

The goons are the only thing that makes EVE worth playing.  Without them it would be a collection of poopsocking e-peeners.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 05:25:59 PM

Always!! not during war

Cool, my copy of Eve can continue to rest in steam awaiting calmer days and nothing else to play.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 10:30:41 PM

I really hope this is the end of Goons, never fucking liked them and if they dissolve into something more palatable I may have to consider poking my head in to see whats up.  Please do keep us posted.

Hey, I pretty much felt the same way as you do ... until i joined them. You can't survive through the shit they have without heart. Or a gimmick.

Anyway, I tried logging into a huge fight tonight and had a black screen the whole time, so I'm not going to blow smoke up you ass but.....Shit is about to get down. Any old player that wants to come back and fight you'll have an endless supply of cruisers on my dime.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 11:06:31 PM

I really hope this is the end of Goons, never fucking liked them and if they dissolve into something more palatable I may have to consider poking my head in to see whats up.  Please do keep us posted.

Hey, I pretty much felt the same way as you do ... until i joined them. You can't survive through the shit they have without heart. Or a gimmick.

Anyway, I tried logging into a huge fight tonight and had a black screen the whole time, so I'm not going to blow smoke up you ass but.....Shit is about to get down. Any old player that wants to come back and fight you'll have an endless supply of cruisers on my dime.

Resistance is futile.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EVE the 3rd great war  
Jump to: