Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:16:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A-Team 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A-Team  (Read 12258 times)
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

on: January 08, 2010, 11:15:37 AM

What, no A-Team thread?

http://vimeo.com/8616405

MAYBE YOU CAN HIRE TEH ATEAM

Looks awesomely bad.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 11:44:10 AM

Liam Neeson. As 'Hannibal', could be awesome.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 11:59:17 AM

I watched this trailer earlier and was quite uninspired. B.A. sounds like a wuss. Liam Neeson is just impersonating George Peppard. The action is way over the top and filled with CGI.

I'll probably watch it on cable.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 12:17:24 PM

I'll repeat something I saw in the comments on that webpage "It looks better than it has any right to considering the source material"  I'll watch it, I mean c'mon it's the damn A-team. I don't think however that I must see this in the theatre.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 08:38:39 PM

The original A-Team was gritty and serious and people died all the time because it was realistic. HOW DARE THEY MAKE A TANK FLY!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 09:07:51 PM

In other news, makers of springboards have seen a mysterious increase in sales.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 12:13:17 AM

The preview had Face shooting down an airplane in a goddamn tank as it parachuted to the ground after their plane own plane exploded.

Think about that for a second, a fucking plane, in an tank. A tank.  They get my $9 just for that one scene.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 12:21:56 AM

Looks awesome. Great cast. Cooper as Face is inspired.

One thing though:

Trailer has been removed for copyright infringement. If that isn't a prime example of how retarded media companies are these days  I don't know what is. IT'S A TRAILER. THE GOAL OF A TRAILER IS TO GET PEOPLE INTERESTED IN YOUR MOVIE.  

"Ya, we can't have people actually LOOKING at our ad for the movie, shut that fucker down!"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:24:06 AM by Abagadro »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 12:37:05 AM

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and copyright lawyers.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 01:00:35 AM

Looks awesome. Great cast. Cooper as Face is inspired.

One thing though:

Trailer has been removed for copyright infringement. If that isn't a prime example of how retarded media companies are these days  I don't know what is. IT'S A TRAILER. THE GOAL OF A TRAILER IS TO GET PEOPLE INTERESTED IN YOUR MOVIE.  

"Ya, we can't have people actually LOOKING at our ad for the movie, shut that fucker down!"

Unless they wanted to pull it down so people would start hunting for it. (It's turned up on youtube by now...)
Which generates a bit of buzz. Look at how many people were screaming for the Tron 2 trailer to be put up, after seeing the leaked footage.
Screaming on the internets. Talking about it, etc...

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 04:55:08 AM

If forced to decide whether a movie studio is being Machiavellian or small-minded, I'll generally go with the latter.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 12:14:33 PM

considering that the Theatre that i work at has a copy of this showing infront of both our Daybreakers prints, I find it really odd that they would be forcing websites to take it down.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 11:37:44 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 12:59:28 AM

Oh come on, that is fucking awesome.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS This is one of those movies that will be hard to criticize, because the source is so fucking ridiculous, it can only improve.

Unless there are aliens, or farting robots.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 04:46:46 AM

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and copyright lawyers.

New sig. Though I'll go with the source instead smiley

The preview had Face shooting down an airplane in a goddamn tank as it parachuted to the ground after their plane own plane exploded.

Man, I thought it was going to be him using the tank cannon. Machine gun is so cheating for A-team.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:19:26 AM by Darniaq »
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 05:54:27 AM

Whomever is distributing this movie needs to cool it with the DMCA takedowns. Everytime I click a link to a trailer, it has been removed. The one I did find last night was so blurry I could not see shit.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 02:39:34 PM

Want me to mail you a copy of the one we have on our digital projector?  You will need 2gig free harddrive space and a sony media decoder rack  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 06:07:53 AM

Ok, I admit that put a dumb smile on my face. Hopefully they keep the "you can hire..." voice-over in the movie as well.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 08:56:06 AM

Oh come on, that is fucking awesome.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS This is one of those movies that will be hard to criticize, because the source is so fucking ridiculous, it can only improve.

Unless there are aliens, or farting robots.

This. 

I mean it's the God Damn A-Team for crying out loud.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 10:07:30 AM

Ok, I admit that put a dumb smile on my face. Hopefully they keep the "you can hire..." voice-over in the movie as well.

Probably at the end of the movie. Dramatic ending with voice over for nostalgia.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 10:20:49 AM

That would own. They'd be all walking toward the camera, slow motion, explosions in the background, after finally doing whatever the movie's about. And they decide to work as soldiers of fortune.

And then the drums start. Voice-over. And the END CREDITS COULD BE LIKE THE OPENING CREDITS OF THE TV SHOW OMG THAT WOULD ROCK!!!

Edit: That looked like sarcasm, but it totally wasn't. NEITHER IS THIS!

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 11:20:49 AM

Think about that for a second, a fucking plane, in an tank. A tank.  They get my $9 just for that one scene.

At first, I facepalmed. Then my inner 12 year old that used to watch this shit went "Shut up old man! That was RAD!"

Sometimes your inner 12 year old is smarter than you.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 03:20:42 AM

But do they beat the shit out of everyone by never hitting them with gunfire. Inquiring minds want to know.

Hic sunt dracones.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 11:31:53 AM

My childhood is preparing to go to court and point out its rapist.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 11:34:32 AM

I want to see them be ruthless, efficient, deadly killers in the Iraq war, but then the come back home and don't need to kill anybody, they're that badass. And that's why nobody ever died in the TV show, because they were that fucking good.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 12:04:37 PM

They can cross A-Team with Kenshin!   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 04:51:46 PM

What, they couldn't find anyone better than Rampage Jackson to play B.A.?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 05:34:44 PM

Do you have someone in mind?  I don't.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 05:58:49 PM

Probably prefer Kimbo Slice.   why so serious?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 08:51:40 PM

Do you have someone in mind?  I don't.

Terry Crews.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 02:30:56 AM

Ice T

Hic sunt dracones.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 04:13:06 AM

Night Elf Mohawk.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
schild
Administrator

Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 07:15:07 AM

The Wayans Brothers. All 4 of them.

Edit: Seriously though, the sound was off for 90% of the trailer in the showing of The Book of Eli I went to and I was pissed.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 07:28:46 AM

They need to have a scene where the bad guys' car is forced down a ravine and rolls over a few times before exploding. Then the bad guys clamber out mildly concussed and clutching their heads as a loose wheel goes bouncing down the road.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 10:56:26 AM

Probably prefer Kimbo Slice.   why so serious?

The problem with using Kimbo would be that he'd need a prosthetic mohawk.

Honestly, though, I can't think of a better candidate than Rampage.  He's got the basic look, he is a violent and dangerous motherfucker who is also a bit of a funny man with a soft heart, all the while managing to be a giant dick.  If that doesn't scream B.A., I don't know what does.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A-Team  
Jump to: