Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:05:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Team Composition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Team Composition  (Read 7614 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: January 04, 2010, 01:11:34 PM

This is an idea for a royal pain in the ass team.

Alistar - Innervating locket, Force of Nature
Karthus - Innervating locket, Banshee, AP from there
Twisted Fate - Innervating Locket, then Damage
Cho'gath - Innervate locket, FoN or Warmogs

Evelyn's Hate Spike proc it?
Soraka maybe for starfire spam and retarded healing

Should have 3+ heals as summoner skills.

Early on, with shared mana manips and catalysts you should have pretty good lane staying power. Basically, it is probably a stupid idea but in a team fight, with alistar spamming heal, karthus procing every 3 seconds, Fate procing off every wild card, it would be insane life and mana regen. The reason I like this better than a simple 'tank the fuck out of yourself' method is the shared mana regen. Sure, a twitch with executioners calling would own our ass but.....I kinda get tired of aimlessly 5-manning

Up for any suggestions or team ideas of your own....

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 02:08:32 PM

It seems like the innervating lockets would be a waste once you get to the gank phase of the match. They just don't do enough healing to keep you going when twitch/yi is hitting you for 300 twice a second.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 05:06:59 PM

Executioner's calling shuts heal teams down pretty hard also if they make that change to ignite you would really get rolled.  I prefer 5-man builds where you have synergy and possibly a deadly lane pairing but the team isn't just one trick.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 07:51:55 PM

I hear ya... I just try to figure out shit... good, bad, or ugly I'll never stop :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 07:57:27 PM

Currently top teams are going:

Kayle
Twitch
<3 other team fight champs w/ disables>

Because Twitch ult + Kayle ult + flash w/ new low cooldown = Very hard to kill Twitch hitting like a truck in team fights.

Taric ult + Sivir ult is nasty too.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 08:00:30 PM

There are two easy fixes here. Make it so characters can't attack while under Kayle's ult - which would leave it as the best getaway spell in the game. Or nerf Twitch and make him useless... again. In which case people will just start doing Kayle on Teemo. awesome, for real

I'd like them to use this as an excuse to rework Twitch anyway, he's boring as shit.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 08:08:19 PM

If they rework stealth the Twitch problems will be gone but they'll still need to rework Eve someday if they want her to exist outside of pubstomping.

Someone stop me before I start playing Kayle again, I forgot how fun her ult is and with the new caster items you can actually get more out of the nuke (the aoe fire is still worthless 90% of the time).  I was reading some posts by Reginald though and she sounds fairly viable with the right team composition.

-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 08:19:58 PM

After my games today I think I'll be cutting back on LoL until they do something to adjust Twitch's ult.  swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 08:28:31 PM

That's what I just told Hoax. They could also do something about Yi.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 08:32:19 PM

That's what I just told Hoax. They could also do something about Yi.

Yi doesn't bother me as bad since I play Alistar and usually a good pulverize/headbutt and he's dead before he does too much damage if my team is on the ball.  I had games today where Twitch comes out of stealth and I pop ult and go after him to stun him and/or knock away and I'm almost dead before I get to him...as Alistar..built tank..with my ult active.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:34:57 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 10:09:21 AM

Twitch/Kayle only works in pubstomp games.  Against a decent team, that will fail HARD because you'll have wards/oracles up in play and see twitch coming, and either kill him before he even leaves stealth (most often in games I've played) or gtfo before he can unload on anything.  Kayle won't be able to reach Twitch in time if he's seen before he can start dishing stuff out.

I do agree with schild...Twitch just isn't that fun to play for me.  He's good for pwning noobs in pub games, and that's generally about it.  I'd much rather do the same thing with Cho'gath (one of my current favorite characters). NOMNOMNOM
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 10:14:11 AM

If you're consistantly catching Twitch with his pants down because you have oracles you are playing against a bad Twitch.

The character as a whole isn't broken, it's just the stupid way that stealth works in this game and that his ult is so insane the way it is right now.

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 10:29:44 AM

Twitch is amazing late game without ever using stealth. You just sit back and whack the spray and pray button every couple minutes and crap will die.
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 11:06:21 AM

Twitch is amazing late game without ever using stealth. You just sit back and whack the spray and pray button every couple minutes and crap will die.

Only if he got fed early game.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 01:51:56 PM

Word on the forums is he's getting nerfed next patch.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 03:38:29 PM

Maybe I'lll just have to take the same approach I took with Tryndamire and just play nothing but Twitch until they nerf him.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 04:25:13 PM

That's pretty much the way to go. Get executioner's calling, sit in the back, and S&P to victory.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 05:52:11 PM

Twitch/Kayle only works in pubstomp games.  Against a decent team, that will fail HARD because you'll have wards/oracles up in play and see twitch coming, and either kill him before he even leaves stealth (most often in games I've played) or gtfo before he can unload on anything.  Kayle won't be able to reach Twitch in time if he's seen before he can start dishing stuff out.

I do agree with schild...Twitch just isn't that fun to play for me.  He's good for pwning noobs in pub games, and that's generally about it.  I'd much rather do the same thing with Cho'gath (one of my current favorite characters). NOMNOMNOM

Only if he got fed early game.

You are flat out wrong.  Somewhere in mid ELO games I run into Twitch where just buying wards is not going to give you free Twitch kills.  There have been multiple top 500 ELO threads about how broken teams built around Twitch currently are so either they are lying...

Twitch + Kayle, or any team comp involving Kayle isn't pub stomp because it takes a good coordinated team fight orientated team to pull it off.

Twitch's ult is just so goddamn long ranged, the slow alone is fight changing but the damage is insane.  If his teammates are good players who are dead set on keeping your team away from him and Twitch is playing his role well its pretty damn hard to stop.

-William Gibson
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 10:23:07 AM

*shrug* it could just be the champions I'm playing of course, since I tend not to play squishy carries...generally.  But one good disable (and most disable/stuns work through Kayle's bubble) and it spends much of the time on Twitch's ult in stun since the ult doesn't last that long.

Case in point, I played against a pretty high ELO team last night as Cho'gath and completely shut down Twitch on my own while my teammates mopped up their other champs.  People are terrified of Twitch because of his reputation more than his actual deadliness.  The commentary you see of high ELO teams talking about it is because yes, Kayle is a good combo to a good carry.  I see as many or more discussions of Kayle + Yi because of how broken melee carries are right now.

No, wards do not give you free Twitch kills, but it makes it SIGNIFICANTLY easier to deal with their entire team as long as your team learns to fight properly around a ward and/or a player with oracle's up. The hard part of dealing with Twitch is not knowing where he's going to pop up to use his ult.  Take that away, and he's not nearly as scary, and he becomes just another carry champion to deal with.

I absolutely agree, when played with a good, well coordinated team, Twitch is a force to be reckoned with...but I'm MUCH more afraid of a well played Yi than I am a well played Twitch, for example.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 11:02:02 AM

It depends on your team composition. Yi against a team that's already entered late-phase 5 man ganksquad play with a few stunners and high mobility is no threat at all. Twitch, however, is.

In higher ELO games, twitch's spray n pray is used similar to cardmaster's slow, to lock the entire enemy team in place with his slow rather than any damage that's done.
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 11:29:39 AM

It depends on your team composition. Yi against a team that's already entered late-phase 5 man ganksquad play with a few stunners and high mobility is no threat at all. Twitch, however, is.

In higher ELO games, twitch's spray n pray is used similar to cardmaster's slow, to lock the entire enemy team in place with his slow rather than any damage that's done.

Fair enough, but so does Nunu's ult, cardmaster's ult, Ashe's arrow, Malphite's ult, etc etc.

There are a ton of other abilities that do just that.  Twitch's also requires him to stand still to do it, making him an easier target for disables and stuns.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 11:48:21 AM

Twitch's ult lets him stand 1400 away, far outside of the range of any of their attacks or ults. That's why it's so powerful.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 02:47:20 PM

The best twitch players somewhat render his invisibility unimportant to why he's going to rape your team and your towers. The best twitches I face are careful, methodical, and work from out of the center of a cadre of shielding, disabling players. Nerfing will have to focus on his ult instead.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Team Composition  
Jump to: