Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:13:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Let the grind continue (Vol3 in Feb) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let the grind continue (Vol3 in Feb)  (Read 5007 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

on: December 28, 2009, 06:43:15 PM

Turbine plans release of 1st Bk of Volume 3 in Feb. of 2010

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/45/feature/3857/Turbine-in-2010.html
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 08:15:49 PM

Was that article written by Boris Badenoff?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 08:43:17 PM

it's pretty fucking awful, yes.  But it is mmorpg.com, so no expectations.

here is the real meat:
Lord of the Rings Online has been a consistent game for Turbine in the past and just recently launched another huge update with The Siege of Mirkwood expansion. Turbine also has big plans for LOTRO moving forward and remains confident that there is a lot of content to work with moving forward. Turbine plans to reveal the First Book for Volume Three of the game in February and has more updates planned throughout the year. Adam could not give us a specific number on the updates but told us to rest assured that they have big plans for the game. LOTRO remains loyal to its player base and expects to give more of Middle Earth to its players in 2010.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 08:53:59 PM

Hopefully it'll fix some of the 'reverse mudflation' from Siege of Mirkwood. 5 more levels, but no better gear than the topend MoM stuff. So +5 levels, but overall combat effectiveness goes down.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 08:57:45 PM

I hope they add more solo stuff.  Now that I'm nearing level 35 it seems that many MANY quests are for fellowships.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 01:26:14 AM

I hope they add more solo stuff.  Now that I'm nearing level 35 it seems that many MANY quests are for fellowships.
You on Brandywine, Nebu? I still got my 38(?) Warden there, so drop me a PM here on the boards if you want company some night.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 09:46:14 AM

Some of those fellowship quests are harder than others, but yes, there is a thin spot where I had to go from Evendim to Trollshaws.  On the other hand, at lv43 I should be advancing on Angmar but am instead doing the higher Trollshaws quests, so there is enough to get you there if you hunt around.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 07:39:22 PM

very sorry to say this, but welcome to the game.  That lack of balancing old content + the LI system are its greatest failures.  Good news, that's all that's wrong.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 08:16:14 AM

very sorry to say this, but welcome to the game.  That lack of balancing old content + the LI system are its greatest failures.  Good news, that's all that's wrong.

What's the trick to making it to the endgame?  Treat skirmishes and deeds like dailies?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 08:49:09 AM

Moving around doing quests in different areas until you get to 45 helps. Evendim, Misty Mountains, north North Downs/South&East Angmar, South Trollshaws and such will get you to Eregion, and that gets you into Moria. I've only done a handful of pre-Moria group quests on my end-game toons, there are a few sparse leveling times, but there's always some quests around. I also worked bits off the 'kill x' deeds while the mobs were still above grey on my first toon, and should have for the others. If questing in an area, just kill 15-20 guys to pregress a deed every time through an area and it's a fair amount of xp, then a title and virtue.

You can skip Dol Dinen, Fornost, and the rest of the group required stuff. Elite mobs take more time and people to kill, for not much more reward.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 09:16:21 AM

I'm still just really shocked at the XP payoff for a skirmish. I'm 38 and probably getting half my xp from them right now, without doing a whole lot of them. I think the big thing is that it's instant where all the quests in these ranges involve a lot of wasted travel time.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Lianka
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 11:52:20 AM

I also really like the fact that, in addition to a heck of a lot of XP from skirmishes, they're proving a decent way to finish the "kill X Ys" deeds for my lower characters. 

.. now if only they'd introduce more damned trollshaw crawlers into skirmishes..
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 08:10:15 PM

What's the trick to making it to the endgame?  Treat skirmishes and deeds like dailies?

Ugh.  I'm not doing that shit again. 
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 09:37:51 PM

yeah that's the problem for me in a nutshell -- too hard to roll alts when faced with having to do virtues + Moria all over again.  Man o man.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Let the grind continue (Vol3 in Feb)  
Jump to: