Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:56:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: The official "Hai! Here's mah bebbeh!" thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The official "Hai! Here's mah bebbeh!" thread  (Read 106726 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #315 on: December 05, 2011, 09:20:41 AM

Mid pic is excellent and if you REALLY care about the flash, I'm sure you can edit it out easily enough.   I think it adds something because otherwise it'd be "babies. in. spaaaaaaaace" as the rest of the background is so inky black.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #316 on: December 05, 2011, 10:41:21 AM

I compensate for my terrible photography by going the motion-picture route.  I seem to get much more of a pass there.  Especially now that I know how to make BRD out of the videos.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: December 05, 2011, 12:49:45 PM

They tend to move a lot.  

Or reach for the camera. Or look away. Or hit their brother in the face with a little plastic phone. They look happy in the middle picture, but I assure you - violence is about to ensue.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #318 on: December 12, 2011, 04:59:40 PM

This thread needs more pictures of your kids looking mad that they are in terrible sweaters!

There's a holiday at steak!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: January 01, 2012, 11:31:29 AM

Very happy with what I was expecting to be a throwaway shot of the boy while standing in line at the Maryland Science Center yesterday.

Brendan by jwiv, on Flickr
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #320 on: January 03, 2012, 12:34:03 PM

Very cute.

My new nephew Aiden, taken at Christmas Dinner, born one week before.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #321 on: January 03, 2012, 01:48:05 PM

That's adorable!

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #322 on: January 03, 2012, 06:19:06 PM

Rockin' the mullet AND bad sweater :)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 06:26:50 PM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #323 on: January 04, 2012, 06:56:16 AM

Dang that boy has some deep brown eyes.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #324 on: January 06, 2012, 01:59:32 PM

This thread needs more pictures of your kids looking mad that they are in terrible sweaters!

There's a holiday at steak!

Ohh, so you want sweaters...

Res isn't great, but I just pilfered these off my wife's FB.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #325 on: January 06, 2012, 02:00:49 PM

Ah the polar bears!

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: January 06, 2012, 02:09:07 PM

I somehow forgot to start dressing the kids in terrible Christmas sweaters this year.  Hopefully I can fix that next year.

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #327 on: January 10, 2012, 09:50:36 AM

My kid won't hold still anymore, so photos are hard. I need to take the camera outside, I guess (hate using flash). BUT:

We put a Yo Gabba Gabba decal on our old first gen DS and gave it to the boy. This games really sucks, btw.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #328 on: January 10, 2012, 09:52:17 AM

...and yes, he is straight up double-fisting some Hot Wheels. At least they're cheap!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #329 on: January 10, 2012, 09:59:42 AM

Ahh, has he gone/going through the "everything in my arms at once" phase?  My son has finally started handing me his trains to carry instead of trying to go up the stairs holding the entire cast from Thomas the Tank Engine.  The worst was when he'd refuse to give up the toys and fall asleep with them in his hands.  Always nice to get a 3am wake up call of "JAMES! WHERE'S JAMES???!?!?! DADDY, FIND HIM!!!"

-Rasix
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: January 10, 2012, 10:03:22 AM

Ahh, has he gone/going through the "everything in my arms at once" phase?  My son has finally started handing me his trains to carry instead of trying to go up the stairs holding the entire cast from Thomas the Tank Engine.  The worst was when he'd refuse to give up the toys and fall asleep with them in his hands.  Always nice to get a 3am wake up call of "JAMES! WHERE'S JAMES???!?!?! DADDY, FIND HIM!!!"

It is amazing how given any size pile of animals/toys, they somehow manage to remember EVERY SINGLE THING that is in said pile and god help you if any of it is missing.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: January 10, 2012, 01:44:39 PM

It is amazing how given any size pile of animals/toys, they somehow manage to remember EVERY SINGLE THING that is in said pile and god help you if any of it is missing.
Hah!  So true.  I had like thirty stuffed animals on my bed and I always knew if one was missing.  I haven't thought of that in... a long time.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
WayAbvPar

Reply #332 on: January 10, 2012, 02:39:14 PM

Percy is ten times the engine that James is.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: January 10, 2012, 04:04:39 PM

but Gordon really thunders down the line. God, I hate myself.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: January 10, 2012, 08:36:36 PM

Always nice to get a 3am wake up call of "JAMES! WHERE'S JAMES???!?!?! DADDY, FIND HIM!!!"
My niece has taken to doing this.  Her logic is that it's mommy and daddy's fault for not putting the toys in her bed after she fell asleep (yes, she did say that).  She's hysterical about her Thomas... never seen a 3 year old so into something... 
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: January 11, 2012, 05:56:56 AM

Sternly tell them that we'll Find Them In The Morning and tuck them in.

Then Shut The Door.

This advice is instantly rendered fuck all use if you've given in already even once.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: January 11, 2012, 09:56:01 AM

Then Shut The Door.

This advice is instantly rendered fuck all use if you've given in already even once.

This.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #337 on: January 11, 2012, 09:59:54 AM

I'm not a parent, so feel free to disregard this with extreme prejudice, but there seems to be a parenting style that treats kids as if they can be reasoned with, as if they're friends you can negotiate with.  The parent lead lives of haunted exhaustion, badgered and cajoled by their kids into just about any concession. I'd probably be one of these parents if I were one, so I am not getting on a high horse here, but it just seems that that's a dangerous road.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: January 11, 2012, 10:28:19 AM

My wife tries to reason with the dog, and I think she gets further with it than the kids.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: January 11, 2012, 10:44:36 AM

Children are born little animals and only get better much later.

Routine and training are all.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: January 11, 2012, 11:55:20 AM

Yeah, but try telling the average parent that and see how far you get.  Suggesting that children need to be "trained" in anything - going to bed at a certain time, acting like human beings in public - generally can result in getting an earful on how that will somehow harm the child.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: January 11, 2012, 11:58:03 AM

I agree, do not reason with them unless they have a very good point. And they won;t have any of those until they are older anyway.

"Do what you're told."

*command voice* "NOW."

You have to learn the command voice (make them shit themselves) NOW'

Buddy come here and have your diaper changed... Buddy comeon. (Ok fuck it) Buddy get over here N O W !!!!

Make sure you say it so they jump a little bit. Yes, loud and fuckin' scary.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: January 11, 2012, 12:26:29 PM

Yeah, but try telling the average parent that and see how far you get.  Suggesting that children need to be "trained" in anything - going to bed at a certain time, acting like human beings in public - generally can result in getting an earful on how that will somehow harm the child.

The average parent was lucky to find the right hole to inseminate.  I tend not to aim my advice at average people. I have two good friends who had a kid at the same time as we did and their son is an enormous shitty cockweasel because they love him so very very much.

So I'm sure it'll be a comfort to them as they try very hard not to cry as the little dickhead gets the lethal fucking injection for stoning two of the neighbours children after he'd tied them up and pissed on them.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #343 on: January 13, 2012, 01:38:08 AM

I agree, do not reason with them unless they have a very good point. And they won;t have any of those until they are older anyway.

"Do what you're told."
*command voice* "NOW."

You have to learn the command voice (make them shit themselves) NOW'
Buddy come here and have your diaper changed... Buddy comeon. (Ok fuck it) Buddy get over here N O W !!!!

Make sure you say it so they jump a little bit. Yes, loud and fuckin' scary.

They need to love you, and fear you - just a little bit. - so yes!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #344 on: January 24, 2012, 09:52:31 PM

We were at the park this weekend and there was a large tree that had been cut down.  My 7 year old jumped up on it, put his hand to his chin, furrowed his brow, and said "Look, I'm stumped on a stump!"

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #345 on: January 25, 2012, 06:28:02 AM

Oh man, a 7 year old who likes puns? You are in some trouble. Hahahaha.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #346 on: January 26, 2012, 09:55:37 AM

Then Shut The Door.

This.

I am the law around here, and the rule is we say goodnight to whichever of his cars/trucks/vans/buses/trains he's holding before bathtime and they stay downstairs. My worry was always that he'd roll over and get a facefull of cars, which would wake him up. I am totally rigid about this, for some reason, even though it's kind of not that big a deal. I just don't negotiate with toddlers.

If I do decide to give in on something (usually a snack, even though I'm fixing dinner), I always tell him that I've changed my mind instead of just rolling over and giving in to his pleas.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #347 on: January 26, 2012, 10:00:58 AM

Percy is ten times the engine that James is.

Heh.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: January 26, 2012, 09:58:31 PM

Goddamn monkeys pile up if you sit still for even a minute...

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: January 27, 2012, 06:35:06 AM

That's a cute picture. smiley

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: The official "Hai! Here's mah bebbeh!" thread  
Jump to: