Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 01:07:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: The official "Hai! Here's mah bebbeh!" thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The official "Hai! Here's mah bebbeh!" thread  (Read 107660 times)
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: October 04, 2010, 08:22:05 AM

Isn't it considered child abuse to dress your kids in Orioles gear?  awesome, for real

It builds character!  why so serious?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #176 on: October 04, 2010, 01:16:03 PM

Mah twins, 2 months in!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: October 04, 2010, 01:19:40 PM

Twins have arrived.

Introducing Logan and Brandon. They arrived at fullterm on the 20th.

Grats Murdoc, welcome to sleepless nights and all the joys that are twins :) In all, it's pretty fuckin' cool too.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #178 on: October 08, 2010, 11:37:37 AM

The new baby was born about an hour ago!  We have another little boy in the family.  Photos to follow (probably much later).
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #179 on: October 08, 2010, 12:07:12 PM

The new baby was born about an hour ago!  We have another little boy in the family.  Photos to follow (probably much later).

Congrats Sir!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: October 10, 2010, 07:35:36 PM

Twins have arrived.

Grats Murdoc, welcome to sleepless nights and all the joys that are twins :) In all, it's pretty fuckin' cool too.

Thanks Slay, i've got to put together a PM of questions for you one of these days.

Logan

Brandon

Logan planning his escape, while Brandon passes out in the background
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:43:47 PM by murdoc »

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #181 on: October 10, 2010, 10:46:39 PM

way cute, both of them.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: October 11, 2010, 09:27:52 AM

Twins have arrived.

Thanks Slay, i've got to put together a PM of questions for you one of these days.

Logan

Brandon

Awwwww!

http://www.coliccalm.com/?gclid=CMengfeby6QCFQlrKgodl26kUQ

To any new parents whose babies are colic-y, this stuff is amazing. Is also a hiccup cure, we give a very small dose when one of the babies have painful hiccups (the kind they get mad at). It's expensive, but it seriously probably saved me and my GF's relationship. It's FDA approved and all natural. It turned my son into such a pleasant baby, as opposed to screaming fits for hours at a time. We try to not use it much, but is awesome to have when needed.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: October 11, 2010, 09:28:35 AM

Nice, grats!

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: October 11, 2010, 02:38:55 PM

Oh man! I just thought of something! You guys with twins, what if you forget which one is which like a month after having them, and start calling them by the wrong names! Then get them confused again a month later, and they grow up not knowing who they are!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #185 on: October 12, 2010, 06:42:09 AM

Another thing to try for babies with colic is to have mom try a gluten-free diet.  Celiac is very common.  

Edit:  Of course this is only pertinent of mom is breast feeding.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 06:44:37 AM by ghost »
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: October 12, 2010, 06:42:53 PM

Oh man! I just thought of something! You guys with twins, what if you forget which one is which like a month after having them, and start calling them by the wrong names! Then get them confused again a month later, and they grow up not knowing who they are!

I was legitimately worried about this. .

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #187 on: October 14, 2010, 06:25:59 AM

I'm pretty sure that they won't know or care before you can tell them apart.  Besides this, I've never seen truly identical twins.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #188 on: October 14, 2010, 10:57:06 AM

I'm only one step away from completing Zephyr's Tingle costume for Halloween. I just need to find/make the clock necklace. He's gonna be so rad!

Random funny, perfect illustration of parenting these days:

Like 1 second passed between the left and right photos.  ACK!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #189 on: October 14, 2010, 12:01:08 PM

And the third pic would be him chinning himself up to the garbage can or something equally unsanitary/dangerous, if my experience tells me anything.  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #190 on: October 14, 2010, 02:09:17 PM

He was making a b-line for the open outlet that is next to the corner where our bad kitty sprays.  ACK!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: November 18, 2010, 04:21:54 PM

June 21st, or thereabouts, I should be making my own contributions to this thread. It seems that regardless of the assurances my wife's had her entire adult life that she would need help getting pregnant, a simple swap (and pause) of birth control pills due to blood pressure and TA DA! 40 and pregnant.

I speak cynically, but really, we're looking forward to it. Very nervous about December 1st when we do the initial tests for Down's Syndrom, though. All the statistics due to her age have me nerved up.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #192 on: November 18, 2010, 04:55:33 PM

Here's hoping all the tests come out well.  Assuming so, being 41 with a newborn... gah! awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #193 on: November 18, 2010, 08:15:14 PM

I personally know 2 women who had beautiful, heathy sons at the age of 40. Congratulations, Brogarn.  awesome, for real

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: November 19, 2010, 07:29:54 AM

Congratulations - and good luck!
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #195 on: November 19, 2010, 03:19:25 PM

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #196 on: November 19, 2010, 03:33:53 PM

That should be on an album cover somewhere. Awesome.

Have some new pics to get posted eventually, but had to mention that my son turned 2 on Monday. And then got his first ear infection on Wednesday night. Actually, his first AND second- both ears. He woke up around 3AM Thursday morning and was a crying whimpering mess for the next 20 hours. Got him into the doc and got some antibiotics for him; he started feeling a bit more chipper about midnight last night. And promptly threw up his 2nd dose of ABs all over mommy and daddy's bed. And then was so fired up and awake after that he wouldn't calm down enough to sleep until about 4AM. Which means I have had about 7 hours of sleep since Wednesday morning. Oh and threw my back out Tuesday night too, so even the sleep I got before all this was fitful at best.

Goddamn I am glad it will be the weekend soon. And then a short week. That is worth giving thanks for  awesome, for real

Antibiotics never fail to impress me with their almost immediate efficacy. They are like magic! Until all the bugs get resistant, at least.

Apologies for the babbling. I did mention I am running a severe sleep deficit, right?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: November 19, 2010, 04:30:39 PM

And then got his first ear infection on Wednesday night.
Lucky you.  My son started getting them at 4 months and continued to get them every 6 weeks or so until he was almost 2.  One doctor wanted to do tubes, the other said "he might grow out of it, let's hold off on surgery" and are we glad we did.  He has only had one in almost 17 months now.
WayAbvPar

Reply #198 on: November 19, 2010, 04:37:45 PM

Yep- we have been mostly spoiled- he is a reasonably low maintenance, happy kid, so I knew something was amiss pretty quickly. According to my mom I got my first double infection at 6 months. I can still remember having them as a little kid, so they must have lasted until I was 3 or 4 at least.

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: November 19, 2010, 05:12:23 PM

And then got his first ear infection on Wednesday night.
Lucky you.  My son started getting them at 4 months and continued to get them every 6 weeks or so until he was almost 2.  One doctor wanted to do tubes, the other said "he might grow out of it, let's hold off on surgery" and are we glad we did.  He has only had one in almost 17 months now.

My daughter was exactly the same way.    First year was pretty godawful.  Last year was dramatically fewer, and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed this winter.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #200 on: November 19, 2010, 06:33:21 PM

Zephyr's never had one, I chalk it up to breastfeeding and good luck. He did have an undescended testicle that required surgery when he was just shy of 9 months, though.  ACK!

I hope Kieran heals up well, and you get some good feet up/daddy juice time, WAP.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #201 on: November 20, 2010, 08:31:44 AM

It makes me wonder what the hell it is about either our american lifestyle or evolution. I had it in both ears and have scarring & bad hearing. That's an extreme case but almost everyone gets an ear infection and it's always miserable.  Why ears? What are we doing!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #202 on: November 20, 2010, 10:38:02 AM

Neither I nor my kids ever had one.  Though my daughter has horrible ear wax problems that she inherited from her great grandfather.  Holding your 3-year old down so the ENT doctor can flush them is no fun.  Worse was seeing them pull a 1/4" ball of wax out.   ACK!

At least she's old enough now that we just have to lubricate once in a while with mineral oil.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #203 on: November 20, 2010, 10:46:26 AM

We never had ear infections growing up. I think it's genetic.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: November 20, 2010, 10:51:35 AM

When Elena had an ear infection, we didn't diagnose it quite quickly enough and her wee drum burst with the pus.

But, yeah, the antibiotics work like a fucking charm and very quickly.  Alas for Elena, the healing persisted for a wee while.  Thankfully, she's back to hearing like a bat, unlike her old man.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #205 on: November 20, 2010, 08:41:54 PM

Heh, literally late to the party, as mah bebbeh is now a man, but this was him between 1994 (0 years) and 1996 (2 years). Actually the fist pictures it's him at 3 days of life, with some umbilical cord sill in place. Last picture is him now, 16 years of age. Weird.

More under the spoiler...

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #206 on: November 20, 2010, 09:03:56 PM

Are those nerdy gaming maps in the background of shot 3?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #207 on: November 22, 2010, 06:39:08 AM

We never had ear infections growing up. I think it's genetic.

I had them constantly as a child. The only factors I can think of that could have contributed were bad seasonal allergies, and the fact that my mom smoked like a chimney.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: November 22, 2010, 06:57:15 AM

Blah.

We found out the first time around what we were going to have, so the wife wanted our second to be a surprise.    She went in for a checkup on Friday and the nurse couldn't hear the baby's heartbeat, so they had to do a sonogram.  Unfortunately, the nurse let it slip what the sex was.  It wouldn't be so bad, except we're at 33 weeks  - so basically at the home stretch of this thing.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #209 on: November 22, 2010, 08:30:37 AM

I believe ear infections are due to bottles, until I am given resounding evidence otherwise.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: The official "Hai! Here's mah bebbeh!" thread  
Jump to: