Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:25:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Pandorum 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pandorum  (Read 3221 times)
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

on: December 19, 2009, 12:37:30 PM

Pandorum Trailer

I'm not surprised there isn't a thread for Pandorum, the above trailer isn't great, yet it's slightly better than the 2nd trailer which manages to be more accurate but gives away too much of the plot.  Plus the critics savaged this film. 

I went to see this without knowing anything about it and had one of those rare experiences that only seems to happen when your expectations are low, I thought it was amazing, a really good story with several very memorable scenes.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:24:58 PM

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 07:01:42 AM

Saw it a couple of days ago.  Was moderately entertained.  Could have been way better.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 08:01:52 AM

This movie had a LOT of potential, I really did enjoy the story and all the twists even if they were acted poorly.  It'll never be a great movie but it entertained me and was a lot better than most sci-fi.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 08:11:22 AM

This was one of those movies I fully expected to suck going in. The acting was meh, the plot full of big nasty holes, etc, etc. Honestly though, I was really entertained by this movie, and I really don't know why.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 09:01:54 PM

Just saw it last night on NetFlix streaming for Wii, which is quite good BTW. (And free, yay) Thought it was pretty decent. It dragged a little towards the end and the delivery of key story elements was kind of crap thanks mostly to bad sound levels but overall it was a lot better than it had any right to be. Then again I'm a sucker for these kinds of movies.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 02:07:19 AM

I Netflixed this one a little while ago and enjoyed it.  Very similar feel to Cube, I thought.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 07:59:28 AM

Grabbed this for cheap. Good buy. I like they way they present the tech in this movie. Over the top but not too far fetched. Impractical but cool looking. I also love run down old things, reminds me of Mad Max in a way.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 05:23:38 AM

Thanks for bringing this to movie to my attention. Watched it last night, great visuals, decent story, good action, awesome creature FX, love the hand cranks.

Truly an under appreciated sci-fi flick, very much an aliens/Event horizon with a dash of predator and dead space.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 11:29:47 PM

Saw this when somebody else rented it. Spectacular first half hour eventually devolves into a veritable gallery of horror and sci-fi cliché. The sense of mystery is delightful, and then every single answer and reveal is a disappointment. That said, I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. The characters are consistently intelligent and resourceful, unusual for this sort of film, and the setting is simultaneously familiar and alien. What it if you can see it for free.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 10:39:53 AM

What it if you can see it for free.

Its on netflix.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 11:45:14 AM

I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit. The reveals got a little too close to Event Horizon, and the climactic battle kind of felt a bit weird, but it was an interesting story.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Pandorum  
Jump to: