Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:04:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Misfits 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Misfits  (Read 10740 times)
fuser
Terracotta Army

on: December 17, 2009, 06:25:34 PM

Just ended its first season run on Channel 4, season was 6 episodes. It's like skins crossed with heroes but way more entertaining, hopefully second is a bit longer.

http://www.e4.com/misfits/
(spoilers there)

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:29:25 PM

Arise! This has finally hit the US on Hulu. It is probably the best thing I've watched for a while. Highly recommended. Skins crossed with heroes is accurate, but at the same time, its more charming than either. Its not pretentious like Skins and isn't near as bombastic as heroes. Its just somehow 'right'.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 03:45:09 AM

It is probably the best thing I've watched for a while.

This.  I can't believe how good this show is.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 10:06:05 AM

Watched the first few episodes.... awesome.

Is it wrong that I think the blonde chick is hotter than the dark one ? Must be the accent.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 03:24:41 PM

Is it wrong that I think the blonde chick is hotter than the dark one ? Must be the accent.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Nah, you probably just like gargantuan gazongas.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 09:42:03 PM

Nah, you probably just like gargantuan gazongas.

Oh yeah, those too. But I still think its the accent.  why so serious?

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 11:30:31 PM

Kelly (Blond chick) wins the hotness contest every day of the week. I'll have to watch an episode next season without sound to verify if its indeed the accent or her feisty personality.  awesome, for real

Dark chick actually annoys me.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 09:39:07 AM

I like the personality of Kelly, and her script is way beter, but come on, that dark chick is omgwtf hot.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 10:02:46 AM

Thats the beauty of different tastes.

She is not ugly, but Kelly is more my type.

And I'm talking more personality than body form here, they are both not lacking in this regard.

Edit: Not that any of this matters. Thats not the reason to like the series, my favorite character is Simon and that boy creeps me the fuck out.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:06:55 AM by Tebonas »
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 03:16:47 PM

I really like Nathan, but apparently he's not going to be in the next season.   Heartbreak

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 07:40:37 PM

Spoilers please ?  ACK!

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 11:20:12 AM

I'm liking this a lot.

Edit ok, I'm on series 2 episode 3 and someone should make a documentary just filming the creators of heros being made to watch this.  Incredible just how superior this show is.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:12:17 AM by Arthur_Parker »
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 01:50:10 PM

The world is unfair, the walking dead thread (which I quite liked has 8 pages) and this thread is on page 1. 

This is finest TV show I've seen in years, it's better than Spartacus, (yes I went there).  Just finished series 2 and the xmas special, I'd repeat some of the insanely funny quotes from the show but I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 01:27:07 PM

Spoilers please ?  ACK!

I don't think it's been revealed in the show (haven't seen the Christmas special yet so maybe?); I just read that the actor is going on to other things and I assumed they were going to just sloppily write him out in the first episode of the next season.  Shame.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 01:44:05 PM

I don't think it's been revealed in the show (haven't seen the Christmas special yet so maybe?); I just read that the actor is going on to other things and I assumed they were going to just sloppily write him out in the first episode of the next season.  Shame.
Wikipedia also shows him only being in season 1 and 2. Shame.

fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 03:39:19 PM

The world is unfair, the walking dead thread (which I quite liked has 8 pages) and this thread is on page 1.  

Imagine my thoughts when starting the thread and zero responses for two years  ACK!

For anyone even thinking of checking it out in the US watch the teaser its a fantastic show.
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 06:28:01 AM

Thanks to this thread I started watching last night. Really enjoyed the first 3 episodes and have shared the show with every person I know that would like it.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 06:33:47 AM

heatworld interviews the cast of Misfits
There is an episode about Nazi’s and one about zombie cheerleaders. One of the heads of channel 4 saw the Nazi episode and asked us how we could have made a film out of a one hour episode so it was a real compliment.

Looking forward to series 3.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 08:22:59 PM

Thanks to this thread, I'm currently on S2E5 (Argh, matey), and I agree it's awesome.  Some of that may just be because I haven't watched much British TV other than Dr Who, but it's nice that almost every scene surprises me in some way, generally because the writers resist the temptation to polish it into a perfect symbolic representation of whatever point it's trying to make, or telegraph every major movement in the arc by ham-handed "foreshadowing".  Knew I was going to be hooked after the second episode of the first season, and haven't been disappointed.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 02:07:47 PM

Season 3 starts tonight!

FYI if you haven't watch the Vegas Baby!! webisode which explains Nathan's exit from the show.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 06:22:33 AM

Last night started to pick the pace up again.  Next week is going to be awesome.
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: December 25, 2011, 12:55:00 AM

Just grabbed this shit from the internets.

British programming needs someone to work on first impressions. A Director of First Impressions, a cushy government position. Give it to McG or something.
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: December 25, 2011, 12:55:40 AM

Also, did Britain get uglier? Is that possible?

Edit: I tried. I can't do it. British television is just horrible.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 01:45:57 AM by schild »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 25, 2011, 05:50:33 AM

awesome, for real

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #24 on: December 25, 2011, 08:43:10 AM

Well fair enough, series 3 wasn't that great anyway, they had Nazis and zombie cheerleaders but I still missed Nathan, I also didn't find the new guy that funny
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 06:54:07 AM

I havent watched this yet, but it sounds loosely based on Clive Barker's Hyperkind.  If it is, it'll be the 3rd tv/movie based on a comic from the razorline series.  I think the brits tried and failed with Saint-Sinner and The Matrix is basically a reworked Ectokid (the Wachowskis inked it).

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 07:07:55 AM

Dunno, this help?
NSFW The Best Of Misfits NSFW
schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 02:20:38 PM

Nope, still shit.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 02:22:24 PM

Yah, I think the diagnosis is conclusive this time. Schild is broken.

schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 02:25:32 PM

If a pretty universally agreed upon "Best-of" set of clips from a show is all of one character and about 2-3 lines from each episode, your show is probably shit.

Having watched an episode, and completely agreeing that this is likely the best-of of the show, I agree with the creator of said clip reel that the show is likely shit though they may have a hard-on for that particular character. I, as a matter of fact, do not have a hard-on for any character in this show.

Because they're all ugly.

Also, unfunny.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 10:32:42 PM

See, them being ugly is what makes this more 'real'. The fact that this is your main concern almost invalidates your opinion. You are one of those people the US makes bad remakes of good UK series for just to stuff the cast with pretty people.

That being said the last season of Misfits was really bad compared to the previous ones. So I'm hesitant to defend them too vigorously.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 11:42:30 PM

That being said the last season of Misfits was really bad compared to the previous ones. So I'm hesitant to defend them too vigorously.

Yeah, I thought it would still be great without Nathan and it really wasn't.

Edit to add, only quoting your last sentence as I think either you find this kind of thing funny, or you don't and I've watched terrible shows just because the cast is pretty (Legend of the Seeker).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:58:59 PM by Arthur_Parker »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 05:46:16 PM

I'm finding it pretty enjoyable.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 06:29:15 AM

Even five years on ?   ACK!

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 11:35:30 AM

Better late than never; this show was amazing.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Misfits  
Jump to: