Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:57:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Pando 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pando  (Read 2138 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: November 20, 2009, 06:31:51 PM

OK.  This is part complaint and part asking for advice, since my brain is currently full of other technical stuff these days and I just absolutely cannot be assed right now to troubleshoot/configure anything that I am not being paid to do. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Also, I am tired.

I decided maybe it would save some time if I downloaded a newer client image.  why so serious?  The hires one linked from Turbine's site went to the Pando Media Booster version, which I am mildly familiar with thanks to DDOU.  OK, so it has the torrent client, no big deal right?  Well, looks like the PMB.EXE kept running despite me closing that little window where I can pause/stop/resume.  I figured this out easily due to the Win7 Resource Monitor; incidentally I bought a ring for Resource Monitor but don't tell her, it's a surprise.

So, as I do, I kill it because it is clobbering my bandwidth and it is annoying to type in putty and watch the characters lag... also it makes me nervous when doing maintenance over such a connection.  Now the little resume-download icon on the desktop doesn't do anything... or if it does I cannot tell.  There is actually a lotrohigh.exe that runs and seems to have network activity, but the PMB.EXE isn't running.  In fact, I wasn't sure if it was PMB.EXE so I went looking for it just now and I don't find it... but I'm tired so meh.

I guess my question is: should I just go ahead and do something rash and unseemly, or do I poke at this, or do I find a Really Old client image and let it patch up from there?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 10:27:55 PM

I find an old client just so you can play.  Then post in the official forums for advice.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 05:34:25 AM

Then post in the official forums for advice.

*shudder*

Through the magic of Win7 (not sure why this did not work on XP) I installed .NET 1.1 and fired up my existing client.  It complained, then installed the VC++ redistributable, then downloaded a couple other things and I got in.

I still want to bitch about Pando, though.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 05:36:11 AM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 05:43:38 AM

Oh, hey, it downloads VC++ 2005 each time.  Awesome. ACK!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Pando  
Jump to: