Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 707419 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3500 on: November 13, 2013, 07:44:55 AM

PU01 Patch Notes: Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Performance

General:

Refactored game rendering to better utilize multiple CPU cores. The same has been done for UI rendering.
        Optimized the CPU cost of some purely aesthetic physics objects
        Added adaptive complexity levels for physics simulations based on current client performance
        Disabled redundant physics processing between remotely-simulated vehicles
        Improved simulations between complex compound shapes, primarily vehicles
        Sound emitter optimization
        Numerous optimizations have been done to remote character processing to reduce the cost of per-player processing.
        We found that players getting in and out of vehicles was causing some performance issues. This has been addressed and is working as expected, now.
        Audio asset clean-up
        Added a frame rate smoothing option. (This is on by default and trust us, you probably want this. It will make your frame rate smoother and reduce spikes. Your FPS counter will show as lower overall, but that’s not a bad thing.)
        Adjusted the default graphics settings. (If you push Reset to Default, it will set the graphics settings appropriate for your system.)

FX:

Vehicle debris pieces updated
        All bullet impacts optimized

Animation:

Implemented new scatterblend node to provide more fluid third person movement and a performance improvement
        Reorganized the networks to eliminate redundancies and reduce the overall network size
        Created level of detail version of the third person network. This allows code to switch to less expensive version of the network based on how far away the player is from the camera. This provided our largest performance improvement at approximately a 50% improvement for network processor time.
        Consolidated the number of active nodes and pass downs in the network. This simplified the network and insured that costly additive nodes were only active when they were necessary.
        Removed state machines that could be replaced with blend trees. Blend trees are more efficient than state machines.

Art:

Optimization pass on First Person arms
        Improved usage of textures on various vehicles
        Optimization pass on Ace Tool and Ammo Pack

Memory:

Fixed several client crashes (We’re not done with these and should have more coming soon.)
        Fixed a few client memory leaks (Not done here either. Still investigating some memory optimizations to help with crashes related to memory.)

UI:

Overhead indicator system overhauled for performance
        The HUD, Centralized HUD, as well as the health and shield bars have been redesigned with a new look to increase performance
        Fixed Scaleform garbage collection spikes
        Optimizing UI advance processing
        Faster communication between AS3 and C++/LUA
        Faster subsequent map load times
        Faster retrieval of localized strings
        Platoon UI optimizations and polish
        Player kill notification revamp
        Kill spam notification revamp
        Fixed various existing and potential memory leaks

UI HUD Updates:

Minimap optimizations: more logic in C++ e.g. alpha updates such as fading and blinking instead of AS3 tweening, throttling via time slicing, recon indicator updates, recon motion dart detects enemies properly on the minimap, fixed AMS exclusion radius not appearing properly, increased default zoom level
        Compass optimizations: controlled directly from C++
        Weapon info optimizations ( bullet count, reload warning, blinking etc )
        Vitals optimizations and revamp ( health, shield, etc )
        Facility info / squad list will show when minimap is expanded if screen height >= 1080
        Fixed issue with sunderers not showing ‘gives ammo’ or ‘gives repair’ icon within 100m
        Now show the HUD facility indicator when you are inside a region but outside of the facility radius
        Fixed issues with HUD indicators blinking in when they first initialize

Optimized Indar:

Reduced ecosystem masks
        Reduced polycount on most environment objects
        Reduced occlusion calculations from most environment objects
        Reduced texture usage on some environment objects
        Removed redundant objects, replaced with visually similar ones
        Adjusted LOD distances

Non Performance

Highlights:

No more double loading screens
        Changed recommended server calculation to improve faction balance
        AI turret should no longer shoot itself
        AV turrets and their projectiles should no longer disappear in large fights
        Numerous client focus and cursor fixes such as preventing windows from appearing above the client in full screen windowed mode and the Windows cursor appearing on loading
        We’ve disabled GPU particles until further notice. (Due to some our optimizations, GPU particles don’t work quite right and we need to spend some time to fix them up.)

General:

All spawn timers are now the same at 15 seconds. Previously the spawn timers would scale based on location or type from 14-18 seconds, with the majority of spawns being at 18 seconds.
        Squad deploy will no longer drop pod players into the center of a bases. It will instead spawn the player at the closest hard spawn point to the squad leader, which includes facility spawn points, deployed Sunderers, and squad spawn beacons
        The Infiltrator’s recon dart will now send found enemies to the minimap of all allies in a 150m radius. Previously this tool had a range limit of 50 meters
        Increased the drop speed of drop pods. They now accelerate as they approach the ground. Collision damage multiplier reduced to account for the higher pod velocity.
        Reduced the horizontal movement speed of drop pods so they land closer to their origin points
        Improved look of bullet hit impacts in low settings
        Fix to sending tells across servers
        Improved particle effects on vehicle deaths for TR and NC

World:

Amerish sky settings have been shifted 12 hours. If you don’t like the onset of evenings on Indar or Esamir, Amerish has bright sunny skies waiting for you
        Indar lighting slightly darkend at dawn and dusk
        Some outposts on Indar received minor gameplay adjustments.
        Zurvan Amp Station has had its secondary spawn room removed and now resembles the other amp stations
        Dahaka Amp Station now has gate shield generators

Indar Lattice Additions:

The Crown <-> Crossroads Watchtower
        Vanu Archives <-> NS Secure Data Lab
        Quartz Ridge Camp <-> Indar Comm Array
        Ceres Hydroponics <-> Galaxy Solar Plant
        Crimson Bluff Tower <-> NS Material Storage
        Benson Construction <-> Alkali Shipping

UI:

We've renamed the Indar Warpgates to geographical names. So you will now see the "Indar Northern Warpgate" instead of the "Indar TR Warpgate"
        The squad list now has icons for players inside MANA turrets or Drop Pods
        The Flash and Harasser mini-map icons have been made more distinct from each other
        Enemy vehicles will no longer show an occupancy count

Bug Fixes:

Fixed shotgun pellet count tooltip. Instead of saying, "The amount or pellets each time the shotgun fires" the tooltip now says, "Single-shot Pellet Count / Pellet Spread"
        Added 1x sight for VS Eridani SX5G
        Fixed an issue where Resupply and Repair Sunderer icons would not display when within 100 meters of the vehicle
        Fixed an issue where The Smoke Screen Utility tooltip on the loadout menu has a different duration value than the cert rank for Sunderers
        Fixed gravity lifts in the Frostbite Harbor spawn rooms to function correctly
        The AV turrets at West Highlands Checkpoint should no longer be floating
        Fixed floating turrets at West Highlands Checkpoint and The Stronghold
        Removed erroneous painfields around Indar
        Fixed an issue where the two projectiles would sometimes be visible when firing the Recon Detect Device when only one was fired
        Fixed issue where lower ranks of Sunderer Proximity Repair could not repair Sunderers that had a higher rank equipped.
        Depot Bundles and store items have had a pass to ensure correct faction usage is written in their descriptions
        Fixed cases where the player’s corpse wasn’t removed from the world after declining a revive
        Regions that cannot be captured will no longer show up as reinforcements or instant action spawn points
        Removed the visibility cap on rockets and placed explosives. They should always show in heavy battles now
        Players can no longer use the quick action menu to track enemy players
        Fixed the player standing from crouch in third person when shot while holding certain items
        Fixed the Striker not animating in first person after firing
        Glass added to cockpit of Mosquito

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3501 on: November 13, 2013, 08:38:05 AM

I played post-patch.  I have to say there was nothing noticeably different for me but I never really had performance issues, even on my medium quality rig.

I am bummed to lose the old Squad Deploy mechanic, but I completely understand why they did it.  No reason to put all the new walls around bases if players can just parachute in.  To be clear, the option is there, but it just puts you ate the hard spawn point nearest your leader.  You can only sky bomb in on a beacon or instant action now, I believe.

I have never played WoW.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #3502 on: November 19, 2013, 10:55:25 AM

BASTARDS!!!!!! I'm working 7 nights in a row so can't play much...

Double XP from Nov 20 threw Nov 24.

It is crazy fun with lots of big battles. SOE really have been doing great with this game. It seems really smooth for me now, pretty solid in performance.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3503 on: November 19, 2013, 12:55:39 PM

I have been investing my certs into tanks since my infantry builds are all done.  I am really enjoying armor.  I play both TR and NC.  The tanks have completely different strengths that makes them interesting to compare.  Personally, I prefer the Vanguard's shield mechanic to the Prowler's higher speed and kill capability. 

I have never played WoW.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3504 on: December 01, 2013, 06:31:28 PM

I might have to come back and play, since I fucking forgot to cancel my 6 month subscription and it auto-renewed last week.  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3505 on: December 03, 2013, 08:10:16 PM

Double station cash was Monday? I'm sure a triple station cash will be soon, they did it last year around this time. I can't believe I've spent this much on a FPS, damn you Smedley and Sony!!! :) it is fun as hell now.

I'm playing NC and VS. NC still feels like hard mode, but VS is pretty fun, but not as easy as TR (it was easy to get to Battle Rank 21 their weapons seem to shoot with less recoil and faster...ugh i know they are less damaging, but they way they shoot is more forgiving and easier to point, aim, fire and control, plus they are popular faction so easy to get squads going). And that is more my personal rant, it does seem a bit more balanced now.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3506 on: December 04, 2013, 06:56:11 AM

It wasn't double SC, just 25% discount I think.

TR does do less per bullet, but the difference is so small and their guns fire so fast and accurately that my personal experience is a faster TTK.

However, according to data collected brilliantly by the Oracle of Death at the Planetside Universe forums, VS has something like 4 or 5 out of the top 10 guns measured on a kills per user basis.  If you play VS and are not using the SV-88, you are doing it wrong apparently.  That gun maximizes situational versatility with ease of lethality.

I have never played WoW.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3507 on: December 22, 2013, 03:08:30 PM

Christmas stuff is pretty cool, but the snowman that you hunt for is pretty low spawn rate. I wish they would have the triple station cash sale again or at least a double station cash.

They are having daily sales on lots of items. Plus they did some re-balancing of vehicles and infantry weapons again. It is still pretty fun, especially in the outfit I'm playing with, but even when I'm not with the outfit and in a pick up group, it still is fun.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3508 on: March 31, 2014, 12:12:54 PM

Just necroing with some updates.

The mission system (version meh) just went live.  At this point it is just bonus exp for something you would probably be doing anyway, but there is still hope for player directed missions.

There will now be 2X exp weekends once a month for subscribers only.  No idea if F2P customers will be getting 2X exp weekends any more.

A new aircraft is supposedly coming in late summer, the Valkyrie.  Think of a huey chopper - open sides from which to shoot - but not a helicopter.

The Esamir base redesigns are done.  The Amerish base redesigns are done.  Overall, I like them as they make defending a bit easier.

The newest weapon (700 or 1000 SC depending on the cosmetic version)  that I like is a funky crossbow that goes in the pistol slot for any class.  It is kind of cool to use, but not especially lethal - two headshots to kill but slow refire rate and significant "bullet" drop at range means headshots are hard beyond 10m.  The best part is that for 100 certs, one can get motion sensor bolts for it so any class can now place them (although the xbow version don't last very long).

I have never played WoW.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3509 on: May 19, 2014, 09:27:50 PM

Sony's all station pass or whatever it is called went live. So when you subscribe you get station cash and all the games. The only thing is you have to log in once a month and get your station cash. More games I could try...

Planetside 2 is still rocking for me. I hope they figure out a way to get more even teams, seems some servers there will be a side that is overpopulated, which makes it easy for them to zerg alerts. Not sure how they could help that out.

Still the best large combined arms game out there right now. BF 4 is still borked.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3510 on: May 21, 2014, 01:46:39 PM

I've been tempted to get into PS2 a bit. I was at a convention in TX and one of the painters who took me under her wing revealed (after a couple brews) she's an avid duo player with her husband on weekends.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3511 on: May 27, 2014, 08:22:15 AM

Implants were introduced recently.  You do not have to buy anything, but a willingness to do so will add to your ability to choose which implants you have access to. You earn them as "drops" as you play.  I think I got about a half dozen in a 90 minute play session.  They do not actually "drop" on the ground.  They are just awarded and announced when you get EXP.

1) They are not powerful or game breaking.
2) They need to be recharged quite frequently.  They drain contantly when equipped.
3) The "batteries" also drop.
4) You can combine excess implants into batteries.
5) You can bind implants to your builds.

If you like sniping, the Hold Breath extender is very nice and probably the best implant for actually making you better.  The enhanced targeting is a nice to have in a big fight since you can target damaged enemies to try and get the kill shot.  Safe Drop is very situational but nice when you have it.  Battle Hardended lessens the quake and shake from explosions and getting shot but at this point most players have probably adjusted.  I didn't really notice a big change.  I did not try Sensor Shield but it supposedly does a good job of helping you avoid detection by aircraft.  The Regen implant strikes me as pointless given how fast one dies in the game.  The last kind highlights enemy mines within 10m on your HUD.  However, most players at this point know to look for mines when they have the luxury to do so.

Separately, combat medics got a new utility - a fixed device that regens shields.  It presents as a transparent blue dome on the battlefield.  MAXes love it, obviously, but I am sticking with C4 as my utility.  Medics also were granted access to some rifles that were previously HA only.

Lastly, the new NS shotgun is a good addition.  It has a tighter spread - thus more effective at 5+ meters - than the ESF shotguns.  The difference was noticeable in VR.  Still, when you want a shotgun, you probably want a SHOTGUN and when you don't want a shotgun, the NS version won't help much.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:26:02 AM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3512 on: May 27, 2014, 09:46:28 AM

Sounds good, but I still have problems with the ever present back and forth over two to three stations on a map while every place else sits idle.  It felt like I was always in the same place doing the same thing every day and the game burnt me out because of it.  I guess because my play times weren't coincidental with the Zerg so I never got to do a full island push more than once or twice.

It also still has the same problem from PS1 that hasn't fully been fixed; the best way to earn XP is not to fight the other side's main army.  Capping and rolling was better than fighting and getting stuck in one spot for any length of time. Then, as an individual it's not worthwhile to jump to another island where your factions pop was lower, because either the other side's zerg were there so you'd just get steamrolled and be feeding them XP because you're outnumbered 5:1 or better.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3513 on: May 27, 2014, 10:59:26 AM

I don't think that capping empty bases is mathematically the best exp generator.  With the lattice, there are usually only 1-4 bases that can be aggressed on any continent at any time.  At the simplest level, let's say that it takes 5 minutes to get to the base.  Then it takes 3 minutes to flip the base for 1,000xp.  That is an exp/hour rate of 7,500.  That rate assumes no enemy comes to contest and if he does you defeat him several times without dying yourself in which case you have to invest in travel time again.

I am not a highly skilled FPS player but I have gotten pretty good at picking fights where I can do more than die 10 times in 2 minutes.  I am usually in the 10,000-15,000 exp per hour range with some fluctuation above and below that for short periods.  For instance, when I find a great perch for my tank overlooking a 48 v 48 base battle, I can easily break 40,000 exp/hour for 10 or 15 minute intervals just picking off infantry at roughly one kill a minute.  I also find reviving during large battles to be an incredibly rich exp activity as long as one makes an effort to not get close to the front line.  

This all needs to be taken with a grain of salt, however, since my main character has well over 30,000 certs.  I have at least one fully certed build for each class, three MAX types and several highly certed vehicles.  When I play my less experienced alts, my exp/hour rate is notceably less unless I can find the perfect environment for the few builds I have.  Other than new toys which I don't need, I have no upgrades left to me that aren't 200 certs or more, i.e. deep in the "skill" trees. 

I think that last sentence is key to really enjoying PS2 but only comes from actually playing.  The biggest impediment to enjoying the game is one's initial lack of flexibility when starting out.  Being a good medic is fun, but if you try and play exclusively as a medic you will get frustrated and/or bored.  This leads new players to spend their certs across many classes/vehicles at once but I think that is that is the only way to really learn when you want an engineer vs a medic vs a heavy assault.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:02:38 AM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3514 on: May 27, 2014, 11:51:12 AM

I didn't mean to imply empty bases.  Token resistance was always good, but not sustained fights.  You want the dummies on the other side to resist, but not in enough force that they slow your zerg, IOW.  Meanwhile they're hoping for the same thing on another continent.

Of course, the ability to hop around and abandon a losing front to join your own zerg means this is what happens most of the time anyway. Until an Alert, then it's still fronts avoiding each other on other parts of the continent until someone's fighting for the last base or two they need to win/ stop a win.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3515 on: June 27, 2014, 06:26:05 PM

I have never played WoW.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3516 on: June 27, 2014, 06:56:21 PM

Wow I remember them talking about that back when I was still playing which was at least a year ago.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3517 on: July 17, 2014, 10:13:00 AM

I realize there are probably not even a half dozen f13ers interested in PS2 still, but now that I have played on Hossin for maybe 6-8 hours I have to say it is a good addition to the game.  The bases are different (if not without flaws*) and the vegetation and topography present new tactical challenges.

Additionally, the server merges that happened with Hossin has made big battles common at almost any hour of the day.  Even if one is not a fan of zerg mash-ups, the population realities (on Emerald at least) are that it is rare to be able to just ghost cap any more.  There is almost always some counter response these days.

* Last night a Vanguard driver managed to get his tank inside a building and camp on an interior control point.  He did not use a bug.  I do not imagine this was intended but maybe...

I have never played WoW.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3518 on: July 18, 2014, 12:39:55 AM

I like Hossin. The vegetation allows me to be somewhat of a sneaky bastard again.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3519 on: July 18, 2014, 11:10:38 AM

Got an e-mail just now: Double XP weekend for coming back.  I'm tempted to give it a go for a while again.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3520 on: August 15, 2014, 10:07:12 AM

Planetside 2 added a new advancement tree, Directives.  They are basically just mini-grinds with various weapons or tools that unlock extra weapon attachments.  You get retroactive credit for all the activity that you have already done that is relevant to the trees.

It hasn't changed the way I play and the only attachment that seemed even remotely cool was the shotgun choke which tightens pellet spread when fired using sights while widening the spread when shooting from the hip.  How an attachment manages to do this is not explained.  Still, it gives any shotgun more of a Jackhammer feel.

I have never played WoW.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3521 on: August 15, 2014, 11:25:32 AM

N00bhammers for everybody! awesome, for real
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3522 on: August 17, 2014, 04:25:13 PM

I also must correct the record.  If you max out on Directives - which is a massive grind - you can eventually get new and improved versions of some of your empire's more iconic weapons.

I have never played WoW.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3523 on: October 21, 2014, 09:12:04 AM

For those thinking of a refresh, I urge you to come back for a night or two.  The game has a lot of activity now. Even if you hate big fights (and the game now reports 96+ v 96+ on the map) like I do, the large battles leave a lot of opportunity to have fun around the edges. 

If you enjoyed this game before, you will again. I am also seeing a lot more lower level characters. I don't know if they are alts or not but it is a big change in the last month or so.  The unified resource system also makes it easier if you just want to play in a tank all night.  As long as I can stay alive in my Lightning for about 10 minutes, I have enough resources to go get another one immediately.

I have never played WoW.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3524 on: December 19, 2014, 10:49:05 AM

Spitfire turrets are in for engineers. They cost 1,000 certs (or pay with SC).

For those that don't recall from PS1, these are automated turrets that fire on enemies that come within range.  The current iteration is quite weak, however. They do not work well as stand alone points of defense because they are easy to destroy. They work best as support DPS for a group defending a location.

The latest patch also added a wieldable knife. It is more deadly than the default quick knife and can achieve headshots for two hit kill lethality.  I have only seen them used for friendly team killing at this point since the idiocy of bringing a knife to a gun fight is pretty obvious and the switch from knife to gun is slow enough to mean your death.

I have never played WoW.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3525 on: December 19, 2014, 11:48:27 AM

Waiting on the PS4 version of this because I can't be assed to re-install this for my computer.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3526 on: December 19, 2014, 09:32:09 PM

I just re-installed it, not bad to download and patch.

It is great fun especially in a big outfit, or if you want to loan wolf you can, you just have to find the right fights to follow.

There is still goofy stuff they need to work on, but it is getting better, slowly, but better. They fixed the goofy stuff that happened with the Valkyrie/PS4 coding patch so that stuttering is better. Plus in some of the massive battles it is epic crazy the things that happen.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3527 on: March 20, 2015, 02:00:42 PM

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3528 on: July 06, 2015, 01:05:54 PM

If anyone cares, there is a new anti-MAX rifle for Engineers called the Archer.  3 hits kills a MAX, but it is a bolt action with almost a 5 sec reload. It will also actually damage vehicles, supposedly, but I have yet to confirm for myself.

I have never played WoW.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3529 on: July 06, 2015, 02:49:45 PM

Decimator 4 LYFE!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3530 on: July 09, 2015, 06:26:05 PM

I did get kill shots on two Sunderers, a harasser and a mosquito with it, so I can confirm it does some damage to all vehicles. It also makes MAXes run away because it does more damage than a whole clip of SMG ammo. It also let's the engineer be a little bit snipery as it is nice for medium range headshotting but it is not a one hit kill against infantry. Infantry can easily survive a few Archer body shots.

I have never played WoW.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3531 on: July 10, 2015, 12:54:26 PM

Was going to wait till it goes on sale, but seeing a whole squad or platoon on a hill with Archers really screws the advancing zerg up :)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3532 on: September 08, 2015, 09:48:01 AM

New empire specific guns AV for Harasser/MBT secondary. The TR version comes from the fracture template and is quite awesome. The NC one if for close range only but is quite fun to hear and use - if not optimal for Planetside since getting in close with a Harasser is really not optimal.   Additionally, MBTs were all buffed as main turret ammo velocities were increased.

I have never played WoW.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3533 on: September 08, 2015, 10:37:24 AM

The son started playing this on the PS4 and is having a blast so I logged in on the PC yesterday. Shit's changed and I lost a lot of certs that apparently disappeared into the ether. Boo.

I hate recerting.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3534 on: September 09, 2015, 08:47:42 AM

They refunded all certs for vehicle weapon sights, just like they did for all guns last year. Scopes and other vision options are now purchaseable with SC or certs. I think they also refunded some aircraft certs a while ago as well.

The new invisible Sunderer is a great addition, even though is costs a ton of certs to get it (you have to complete Stealth cert line).

I have never played WoW.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: