Seems that these guys
are claiming to have a basic level working beta server hacked together and ready for testing.
Quoted directly from their web page:
Rumours about eWoW Server
Posted by AStrobl on Mar 29, 2004 - 12:45 PM
Ok i want to clarify some things here. I heard rumours saying eWoW Server has ALL features and is working exactly as a Blizzard server. That is not true!. eWoW has some of the features Blizzard has, but is far away from being a exact emulation of a real Blizzard server!
Well here are some features currently implemented:
- Character Management (Creation, deletion, storing)
- Full chat commands (emotes, channels, moderation)
- Complete Guild system implemented (creation, deletion, moderation)
- Party system implemented (creation, moderation, exp system)
- Creature spawning (static, AI, item drop)
- Partial NPC implemented (AI, quests)
- PvP & creature attack (combat, exp, lvl up)
- Partial spell implemented (still under work)
- Partial items implemented (still under work)
As you can see i am far ahead of having an full working server. There are things eWoW got which other teams haven't implemented yet, but there are things too which eWoW doesn't have but other teams.
Supposedly, they managed to port most of the old alpha server code over to fill in a lot of the gaps in the beta one, and are now preparing to "stress test" their new server.[/url]