Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: BatCountryXtra - The Hockey League For MEN! (and women) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BatCountryXtra - The Hockey League For MEN! (and women)  (Read 6016 times)
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

on: November 12, 2009, 11:07:21 AM

Due to a conversation in the other hockey thread leading me to believe that we'd have much more variety and action if we had bigger rosters, I've created Bat Country Xtra for us hockey freaks who can't get enough.

The Rules Are As Such:

- Each team is a full team. That means four lines, seven defense, and two goaltenders. Four bench spots and two IR spots. Full team.

- Goals are five points and assists are three points. Just like before.

- Plus/Minus is now worth TWO POINTS. That's twice as much. That means good +/- guys matter, and bad ones can hurt you a bit.

- Penalty Minutes are one point. That's up from 0.1. Fighters and shit disturbers are actually valuable players now. A fight is worth as much as a goal. Instigating, fighting, and a game misconduct? It's the new Hat Trick, baby!

- Powerplay points add one extra point (nerfed, since we're going with bigger rosters and more roleplayers).

- Shorthanded points were worth +3 before. Now goals are worth +5, and assists +3. I felt this should be bumped to make penalty killing players more valuable. Again, gogo defensive-type players and roleplayers!

- GWG is changed from 1 point to 2. Gogo clutch players!

- Faceoffs, goaltender points and the rest I feel were just fine.

Draft Day is the 20th. Only draft available is autodraft (no move Live Draft) -- so set up your rankings if you're interested.

League ID#:  341853
League Name: batcountryxtra
Password:    nohomers
Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/batcountryxtra

Note: We are all going to get screwed equally by the autopicker. However, if we'd like to have a draft-by-mail in this thread, I'll take an hour or two to enter all of our picks once we're done. I understand that autodrafting sucks and teams are much more personalized when you pick by hand. Up to you guys.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:04:06 PM

I would draft a team but I'm not going to do anything active beyond that.  I like drafting, stat crunching and trading?  Not so much.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 12:22:56 PM

Yeah, I'm in. Why not?

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 04:42:27 PM

Damnit. My name sucks compared to "Don't Toews Me Bro".

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Mandrel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 08:43:19 PM

Damnit. My name sucks compared to "Don't Toews Me Bro".

Whoo!  Even though I stole it, I laughed so hard at the name, I had to use it.  I also invited a friend to join.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 02:34:10 AM

Also: Will Trade 4 Penguins.

I like Canucks, too. Damn Henrik has been good for me.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 02:36:48 AM

So, have we pretty much decided on just letting the autopicker screw us all equally?

If so, I can just let the draft go and the league will start on the 20th.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 08:20:26 AM

The autopicker can't do any worse than I appear to have done with manual picks in the other league.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 01:53:37 PM

Actually, I won't trade for Penguins.

Kunitz and Goligoski down for a month+.

What are they feeding these guys? Paint chips and iced tea?

I've never seen a team with so many injuries. We have TWO of our -actual- defensemen going tonight. McKee and Eaton. Our entire top 4 is down. We have THREE great offensive defensemen, and traded Whitney because we figured we had a massive surplus of that kind of player. APPARENTLY YOU NEED FOUR.

Fuck. At this point, I have no idea how our AHL club is icing a team.

Autopicker going online tonight.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 10:07:02 PM

Icy cuntsicle.

So I look at the waiver order, and I picked second last AGAIN.

But I'm in love with my team. Really, really love it.

Other than that fact that I have FOUR players on the IR.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 07:03:24 AM

So, it appears that since there is no option for placing a "fighter" slot on teams or differentiating between penalty minute types, what we have is a bit of an inflation in the value of some skaters based on whether or not they take penalty minutes.

That's not ENTIRELY a bad thing. It's just that the most active fighters in the league are still really mediocre pickups. The guys that are valuable are the ones that take penalty minutes and actually do things too. As predicted, the value of a guy like Kevin Bieksa jumped quite a bit. Whereas the point value of the league leader in penalty minutes is still pretty weak because he has 0g, 0a.

However, since this experiment is not working entirely as intended, I can change it however you guys like it until the 23rd (I believe).

Also, it looks like most if not all of you forgot to edit your pre-draft rankings.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Mandrel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 08:31:12 AM

I was in a league a couple of years ago that was entirely based on D-men and goalies.  It was pretty cool, and could reward PMs a bit more fairly.  I think everyone had like 4 goalie spots and 7 or 8 D-men.

Yeah, I like my team too.
WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 10:12:44 AM

Accepting offers for Crosby.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 11:17:19 AM

Offer coming.

Edit: Actually, I don't know. Your team looks fairly solid. What do you feel you need?

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 11:20:52 AM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 04:42:04 PM

Oh snap, Gonchar's back.

Penguins are on a 5 on 5 powerplay. He's that good.

Edit: Yeah, so next time I'll keep my mouth shut until there's more than five minutes gone in the game. I don't know what happened exactly as I turned it the fuck off, but apparently we realized half of our team are AHLers.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 07:13:11 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 06:27:42 PM

I want Crosby.

To a lesser extent, I want Malkin (because I realize his price will be higher).

Propose trade here so we can discuss, thx.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: BatCountryXtra - The Hockey League For MEN! (and women)  
Jump to: