Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:16:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Changes Inc... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Changes Inc...  (Read 4492 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: November 04, 2009, 11:42:09 PM

This is not a full list, however, we are working on two patches right now.

One patch goes to the test realm soon. Once there, it goes live a week later +/- a few days depending on how things go (well, could be a lot shorter or a lot longer, jsut depends on how soon we feel good about it. Another patch is a few more weeks out after that... We are figuring out the scheduling on it. Most of these will be in one or the other. a few will likely slip as things sometimes don't go as smoothly as you like when you test 

Only a few tweaks are in the near-term patch. A lot more are in the patch that is a bit farther off. We could only cram so much in before the deadlines to lock down and test.

General pacing stuff:
- Nerfs to Heal to reduce its viability in escaping ganks and in team fights.
- Towers to be less lethal to champions, easier to push midgame, no harder to push laetgame.
- Nashor buff nerf
- Funification repasses on Ryze and Sivir.
- Improve benefits of lane farming to incent farming as a counter to 5 man gank squads
- Wards to help break up 5 man gank squads
- Minions to gain MR scaling with time (faction minions) so that AE chars cant clear minions away from a turret as easily.
- New promote that enables lane pushing without being cheesy (stretch goal)
- Black shield nerf -- no longer purges debuffs, but slightly less cooldown, more absorption.

Casters have narrow itemization choices in some scenarios:
- More magic penetration items -- sorc boots to give MRP, new last whisper MRP item, and new brutalizer equivalent MRP.
- Deathfire grasp anti-tank item

Anti-AE:
- Nerfs to some powerful AE initiators, specifically Malphite ult and Amumu ult.
- Nerfs to a few AEs, specifically Nassus, but a few others too.
- Specific items that reduce AE damage taken that you can build.

Anti-Tank:
- Deathfire grasp, anti-tank item for casters
- Buffs to bloodrazor (slight)

"More Competitive" feel / greater ability to dominate in extreme cases:
- Snowball items like Mejai's and DOTA Bloodstone where they have low stats, cost about 1500g, and stack charges as you get kills/assists to make them better. We are improving Mejai's ability to do this, and adding 1-2 more. We are also making these so that they lose 1/3 charges when you die.
- No ambient gold gain while dead. You still get team gold awards and assist credits and kill credits from things you did while alive -- just no passive gold tick. Gp5 items still work too.
- Spell dodging blinks -- probably on flash, maybe on shunpo, kassadin ult, etc. Yes, these get rebalanced when we do this. flash would lose 1/2 of its range, and drop cooldown to like 2.5 or 3 minutes. That way, it becomes a tactical battle ability and not an uber escape ability.
- More click items, including scroll of TP, Dagon-equivalent, and a stasis rod (invuln + stun + magic immunity on a target)
- Death recap that shows you what killed you (stretch goal)
- Lower assist awards, higher kill awards vs champions. Base assist right now is 175g, changed to 150g. Base kill is 250g right now, changed to 300g. We would like to combine this soon with improvements to assist so that direct buffs in the absence of damage (i.e. chronkeeper haste) will give you assist credit so that the net affect on support champs is positive. This set of changes though is primarily intended to buff the 1v1 and 2v1 gank cases, while not proliferating gold in the game too much.

Since people asked, rough drafts of the snowball items. We probably wont do all three. And these stats won't stick, but this wil lgive you some idea.

New Mejais:
Upgrade to just tome, a 1000g upgrade (total, 1440g) Gives 20 base AP, +16 AP per kill/assist, cap of 10 Whenever you kill or kill assist at max charges, you gain 250 hp/mana Whenever you die, you lose 1/3 of the charges, rounded up Unique of course.

New DPS Snowball item
Pickaxe + 500g
Base stats: 25 dmg
UNIQUE: Whenever you kill or assist in the kill of an enemy champion, you gain +4 damage and +4% crit damage done (maximum 12 kills or assists) If you ever reach the maximum 12 kills or assists, you also gain +20% movement speed.
You lose 1/3 of your kills/assist credits whenever you die. (needs tooltip rewrite

New Tank Snowball item (QUESTIONABLE)

2x ruby crystal + 400
Base Stats: 430 hp
UNIQUE: Whenever you kill or assist in the kill of an enemy champion, you gain 75 hit points (max 10 stacks) If you ever reach the maximum 10 kills or assists, you also gain "Whenever you attack a target, that target does 40% less damage to you for the next 3 seconds."
You lose 1/3 of your kill/assist credits whenever you die.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 01:02:03 AM

We are also making these so that they lose 1/3 charges when you die.

There goes that build. How stupid.

The rest of this is fine, but that is - notably - dumb. It effectly makes those items worthless.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 06:24:46 AM

Ugh, nothing in that stands out as game-ending terrible to me, but lots of little things seems unneeded or possible overkill.  Heal didn't really need a nerf, flash range cut in half will probably make it almost useless, we don't need more anti-tank items, nerf to assist kill gold amount punishes support characters, too much of a nerf to Nasus' AE ability would REALLY hurt the character etc. etc.

As a lot of people pointed out on the LoL forums, doing too many tweaks right now seems stupid because people aren't max level yet for mastery points and runes aren't even in the game.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 06:50:13 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 08:18:54 AM

So the general jist of all that is that they are making it easier to die, and punishing you harder for dieing.   Ohhhhh, I see.

And yeah, Mejais nerf sucks.

At least they are trying to put in things to counter 5 man gank squads.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 08:57:29 AM

Their goals are:
-Individual skill = greater factor (clickable items, aoe defense, wards, no autogold on death, more kill/assist items, more spell dodging, blink changes, heal nerf)

-Less 5-man ganking from 10min on (wards, increased benefit of laning, decrease benefit of assists, heal nerf)

-Less Nashor buff = win (nerf that shit)

Those are all commendable, sort of, I'd like to see them wait on the no gold while dead stuff and really they need to do a better job with the assist gold.  Make it a pool that is shared between all assists or something.  I dunno make it 350 assist gold on a kill, you can't gain more then 175g so if you get a kill with 1-2 assists everyone gets 175 but if you have 3 or 4 assisters its only worth 115g or 88g to each respectively.  Something like that would be a lot more elegant then what they are proposing imo.

Change to blink is a good idea.  More blinking, less haha I'm a full screen away bullshit.  Makes it more tactical less I win/I get away button.  Nerf to heal is retarded, this will not matter when we have runes.  Really heal is only truly amazing when your having a L1 fight at golem.

If they get the balance how they want it its not a nerf at all to Mejais, they want to make it so it snowballs harder but not for free. Its going to be cheaper to build and give improved bonus on kill/assist with the drawback of losing some power when you die.  Its meant to be a buff if your going 3:1 or better on k:d, again something to address the idea that high level play consists of staying in a group and spamming aoe ults atm, not individual skill.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 09:01:04 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 09:32:37 AM

It's a nerf on the soulstealer. Period. We can talk about individual skill all you want, but if it doesn't keep the points, the money is better spent on 2 +40 blasting rods and turning it into a Zhonya's Ring or any other number of items (Rylai and Apocalypse for example).
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 09:58:35 AM

Like I said, you haven't seen the final stats and numbers, not saying it wont be a nerf but that isn't the intent.  The intent is for it to be a boost but only if your getting better then 1:1 kill+assist to death ratio.  How much better then 1:1 remains to be seen but again the idea is to make "snowball" items better not worse.  You saying "omg its worse" doesn't mean shit when we haven't seen the final numbers.  At this point off this post all you can do is judge intent and the proposed method of getting there.  Saying there is no way Soulstealer can be worth it if it loses charges is stupid since obviously given the right set of stats anything can be worth it.

-William Gibson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 10:07:35 AM

Upgrade to just tome, a 1000g upgrade (total, 1440g) Gives 20 base AP, +16 AP per kill/assist, cap of 10 Whenever you kill or kill assist at max charges, you gain 250 hp/mana Whenever you die, you lose 1/3 of the charges, rounded up Unique of course.

Ummmm...lets see.

It's cheaper. 1850 now or something?

20 base ap, nerf. Was 70.

Old total amount you could gain before: 140

+16 per kill OR assist = 160+20 , 180

It honestly sounds great for tanky caster heroes (the ones I seem to play). You shouldn't be dying a ton as Cho'gath.

If it were +18 per kill or assist, it would be sexy. It's a fine line really. So, if you have 6 charges and die you are down to 4, losing 32 AP. That's 2 kills assists...kill assists come damn easy.

It rewards champs that can kill and escape well. I'm not saying I like it, I'm just saying it's a different style.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 09:19:12 AM

It'd be nice if they at least up'ed the base AP a bit.  Dropping from 70 to 20 is pretty steep, and it means your gold investment in the item isn't going to be really benefiting you for awhile.

I tend to get a ton of assists instead of kills when I play (I usually play as signed), so this might actually work out pretty good.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:20:46 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Changes Inc...  
Jump to: