Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:16:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Issue 3 is live 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issue 3 is live  (Read 19994 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #70 on: January 20, 2005, 04:32:04 PM

Quote from: Rodent
The granite armor looks cool, but the rest are worse then the poo-armor of old.

I would have to agree. Those armors sans granite are very lackluster and border on the fugly.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #71 on: January 20, 2005, 06:54:17 PM

I prefer the others to granite.  I don't like powers that completely obscur the character.  Why have such an amazing character customization process only to make all characters of a given type look alike in the end?

I like the new stuff, but the characters they're on in those pictures are ugly.  Given a character who looks more appropriate, I think they look much better.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: January 20, 2005, 06:56:25 PM

Brimstone and Rock armor look pretty good.

The crystal and mineral ones just dont look like ARMOR, which is part of their problem.

Rooted also looks kind of gimpy.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 21, 2005, 12:20:12 AM

What I like most about the new effects is that they are more obviously designed to be stacked and run perma.

Old defence effects (all lines) clearly did not have this in mind, which is why they were all too overbearing, bright, garish.

Crystal and Mineral might not look like armour alone - but they would never be used alone in a situation where real tanking is required, they are really upgrades rather than alternative armours.

Also I second what Lava said about the characters used as examples above.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: January 21, 2005, 05:13:22 AM

Quote from: eldaec
What I like most about the new effects is that they are more obviously designed to be stacked and run perma.

Old defence effects (all lines) clearly did not have this in mind, which is why they were all too overbearing, bright, garish.

Crystal and Mineral might not look like armour alone - but they would never be used alone in a situation where real tanking is required, they are really upgrades rather than alternative armours.

Also I second what Lava said about the characters used as examples above.

Actually, it would be possible to tank the psychic clockwork with just minerals, or AntiMatter's Particle Mechs (what they're like is not important) with just crystal armor, but these are the very rare exceptions to the rule.

--GF
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Issue 3 is live  
Jump to: