Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:20:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Music thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Music thread  (Read 815240 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2275 on: June 06, 2017, 09:02:55 AM

Motherfucking son of a goddamned bitch. Tool was in Rochester last week. FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Anyway. New tour footage on the archive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDeAh7ScF8w
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2276 on: June 06, 2017, 09:31:41 AM

Those motherfuckers need to make with a new album and put their catalog up on Spotify, post haste.

Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #2277 on: June 11, 2017, 09:43:33 PM

Solstafir - Berdreminn  (full album) - Imagine the best parts of Sigur Ros with a garage band attitude and some very faint black metal roots and you get this amazing music from Iceland. Takes a few songs for the album to take off.

really I can't say enough about this band. I really hesitated to mention black metal because that is an instant no go for so many people but this band is so worth your time, and when I say roots I mean they have one big toe in black metal at best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS_TPsnnlts&t=2484s

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #2278 on: June 12, 2017, 01:13:48 AM

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2279 on: June 15, 2017, 01:20:59 PM

Going to see Tool with the Crystal Method opening tonight, pretty stoked.

I still wish that Maynard would make an appearance at the front of the stage, but oh well should still be amazing as usual.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2280 on: June 16, 2017, 09:31:18 AM

Devil Electric released the first track off their debut LP: https://devilelectric.bandcamp.com/album/devil-electric
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2281 on: June 20, 2017, 09:47:13 AM

So there's probably going to be a new A Perfect Circle album this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VEvVIhbYs0

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #2282 on: June 29, 2017, 06:32:12 AM

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #2283 on: July 02, 2017, 02:07:19 PM

So, yesterday, this happened here, in my hometown of Modena:

A crowd of 220,000 (seems to be the all-time, worldwide record for a single artist-single date-paid tickets) attended the concert of Vasco Rossi, who celebrated his 40-year long career where he started back in 1977 (he's actually from Zocca, a very small town in the hills above Modena).

Just to give you an idea, the total population of Modena is about 185.000  ACK! :drill . The concert took place in a park (the Enzo Ferrari Park) just a mile distance from downtown, right in the middle of the city, basically (and no, we're not talking a park the size of Hyde Park or Central Park, for example :P)

Everything went perfectly smooth, and I'm quite proud right now (I haven't attended, but listened to the soundcheck 3-4 days ago from outside the park  Heart). Unlike Bocelli, Laura Pausini, Zucchero or Ramazotti, you probably never heard of Vasco Rossi. He never wrote a song in english and...because of his peculiar way of singing, expressing himself in italian, connecting with the crowd etc, it just can't work in any Language but his native one, believe me.

Three songs of him: one difficult to categorize,  a ballad and a more upbeat one (all three in italian of course...choice wasn't easy). Two of them are live, because he's just fantastic in front of a crowd:

"Colpa d'Alfredo" (1980): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7pIPxd99Xg
"Sally" (1996): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvbkI9yCgW4
"Gli Spari Sopra" (1993): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmkQkTFQ5oU
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:38:17 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #2284 on: July 05, 2017, 02:14:41 PM

Wow, that is an absolutely amazing crowd.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #2285 on: July 26, 2017, 04:12:45 AM

New NIN EP is great.

This Isn't The Place I think is becoming one of my favourite NIN songs ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g8nAqDu3gI
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2286 on: July 26, 2017, 07:27:45 AM

I don't know that I'd say it's great. "Less Than" is a great ear worm song, This is the Place is really good. The other songs on it are decent. "The Background World" is a good 4-minute song turned into 11-minutes of Trent Reznor masturbating at how awesome he is for finding this one snippet of a song he can repeat over and over and over ad naseum.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2287 on: July 26, 2017, 07:34:46 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2288 on: August 03, 2017, 08:05:11 AM

Pretty happy Les put Primus back together. We've seen a bunch of shows, and though we weren't fans of the Chocolate Factory psychedelic phase, they ran the show with second set being psychedelia, so we could hit the road after a concentrated standard set. And Green Naugahyde was a good disc.

New album track sounds pretty badass, Herb is back on drums. Some really nice changes in it. Just snagged tickets, excited to see them.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #2289 on: August 08, 2017, 02:51:32 PM

So, I learned about Surfyer today.  As a fan of Slayer, and surf music, I am entertained.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2290 on: August 08, 2017, 03:40:53 PM

Seconded.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2291 on: August 08, 2017, 04:00:05 PM

Thirdinated.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2292 on: August 28, 2017, 06:21:59 AM

A cover of Glen Campbell's "Wichita Lineman".

I heard this version live 22 years ago. They just made a video for it following his death.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2293 on: September 01, 2017, 11:52:33 AM

More new Mastodon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u44bs_Cwoms

Can't wait to see them next month, they're definitely at a peak again.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2294 on: September 01, 2017, 03:42:59 PM

https://themorgues666.bandcamp.com/

Just came across those guys. It's like rockabilly horror punk and really good. Misfits that listened to too much Johnny Cash but didn't want to go that route. The singer is exactly as terrible as he needs to be.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #2295 on: September 01, 2017, 03:49:25 PM

Was in Spokane WA for the week for a conference, Thursday was the wrap up and that night I convinced 5 co-workers to come with me and see a show.  It was very cool to see these folks be willing to go to something completely out of their normal comfort zone.  These folks are a mix of john mayer, blink 182, classic rock crowd. 

Who we saw - Decapitated  why so serious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gILuUdY2cU

They actually enjoyed much of the show.  It was very cool to see 40something women and men in conference attire rocking out to death metal, we definitely got some odd looks from the spiked and leather crowd.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2296 on: September 06, 2017, 05:27:11 AM

Huh. I somehow missed that At The Drive In reformed and released and album this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXSzxXW-Cqg&list=PLJNbijG2M7Oz-wfkvU3mlK1bfS5T4jKGy
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2297 on: September 06, 2017, 11:35:54 AM

Thanks man. I never got to see them, but I did see The Mars Volta open for SOAD at some point, killer set. I don't think the SOAD fans understood what was happening.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2298 on: September 07, 2017, 08:23:11 AM

I heard some of their set outside some theater in Seattle that was sold out, back when the Gates Foundation flew me and a bunch of people out for training in 2000. Great stuff, but I'd rather have seen MV in the Frances/Bedlam era, that was so intense. Omar is a bit too unhinged for me anymore, and ATDI isn't quite proggy enough much of the time. I tried listening to the last MV album again over teh weekend, it's just awful.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2299 on: September 07, 2017, 09:34:41 AM

Despite the singer sounding like a constipated 12 year old trying to summon satan to do his homework, this band is off the charts talented, particularly in their complex rhythm signatures.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2300 on: September 07, 2017, 09:40:39 AM

Yeah, I've been listening to their Blood Mantra album and it's really good.

Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #2301 on: September 07, 2017, 11:53:47 PM

saw these guys live on Sunday.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4pqNYlQkPY&t=7s

Portland black metal ripping off Polish BM'ers MGLA but hey they do a great job of it.   In classic Portland form when I shook the drummers hand I spent the next hour or so smelling of patchouli....  ACK!

They are amazing live, derivative? absolutely, but what they do they do very well.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2302 on: September 13, 2017, 06:41:24 AM

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2303 on: September 16, 2017, 02:07:48 AM

Fleet Foxes, seeing them in their home city. Fucking wow. Two straight hours, far exceeded by expectations.

Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #2304 on: September 21, 2017, 10:45:42 PM

Yep added then deleted some emojis... I don't think there is a one that captures:  Holy fuck the band I saw and loved was just arrested after being accused of gang rape, I don't think I will be wearing that band hat I bought anytime soon.  Sad news.

In much happier news I went and saw something totally out of my normal sphere:  Los Tigres Del Norte who have been called the Rolling Stones of Mexico.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8lN7HV5Cgk

The crowd went crazy, singing along with all the songs, posing with the band during songs (standing at foot of stage and having photo taken), people would put slips of paper with shout outs/blessings/not quite sure that band members would read between songs.  It was all in Spanish so I have no clue what was being sung about, but it one thing was very clear: This band has a deeper connection with their fans in a live setting than any other band I have seen.  Dug around and it sounds like they have some fairly political songs.  It was amazing, and their bass player was a beast.

They won over a fan tonight.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2305 on: September 22, 2017, 08:13:52 AM

Mastodon released a fucking killer EP today.

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Dark-Place-Mastodon/dp/B074XDLBFV/

These guys are so on point right now.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #2306 on: September 22, 2017, 10:10:02 AM

Just checked it out on Spotify.  That's quite impressive.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #2307 on: October 05, 2017, 12:51:16 PM

saw Megadeth and the Scorpions.  Megadeth were flawless technicians decent set list.  Scorpions were simply amazing and it was a treat to see Mickey Dee (Motorhead, King Diamond) as their tour drummer.  They had a great Lemmy tribute.

I went for megadeth but the Scorpions were just incredible.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2308 on: October 05, 2017, 12:55:07 PM

These days Megadeth albums are usually a mixed bag. About half are decent songs, the other half are just weird ass diversions centered around Dave Mustaine's Alex Jones political conspiracy shit. Technically the music is good but as soon as you start listening to the lyrics, you're just like "WUT?"

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2309 on: October 05, 2017, 02:13:43 PM

Well to be fair if you listen to the earlier stuff's lyrics they aren't exactly a monument to sanity either. Its just at the time we took it as fun x-files type lyrics, like Hangar 18 and The Conjuring. Now it's cringey cuz we just ain't sure what's rattling about in Dave's brain.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 74 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Music thread  
Jump to: