Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:03:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: CSM 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CSM 4  (Read 9080 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: October 06, 2009, 09:52:26 AM

Throwing my hat in the ring.

Looking for constructive comments on how to strengthen my campaign and flesh out the platform. I'd also like to hear from anyone with graphics skills who'd be willing to turn their hand to producing a campaign poster/banner.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 10:05:26 AM

I recommend helming a large alliance and becoming internet space famous, then running on the strength of your alliance's size and voting power.

It's the most assured way, at least.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 11:56:38 AM

Good luck. You have my vote.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 12:11:47 PM

I recommend helming a large alliance and becoming internet space famous, then running on the strength of your alliance's size and voting power.

It's the most assured way, at least.

Heh. I'm going on the assumption that I won't be an official Goon candidate. If Zastrow and Avalloc want to be re-elected then they've got that voting bloc sewn up and I'm not interested in challenging that. If either of them don't run this time then I'd put my hat in that ring too but I won't be counting on alliance support.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 05:29:24 PM

You probably wouldn't beat Trzzbk anyway, even if you did run on the Goon slate.  I like the independent angle!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 08:57:16 AM

Avalloc isn't standing again so Trzzbk looks like a shoe-in to replace him. Not sure what Zastrow is doing yet but I expect he'll probably go for re-election. Barring Zastrow deciding to step down as well, I will definitely be an independent candidate.

So, thanks for the supportive noises so far but how do you think I could make strengthen my bid. I'm aware that my platform as described on my site is pretty fuzzy and so I'd like to include some more crunchy detail.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 11:07:25 AM

I think you should work the cult of personality angle.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 11:55:14 AM

I think you should work the cult of personality angle.

Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text Wall Of Text

amidoinitrite?

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 01:30:25 PM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 02:47:33 PM

To be honest I dunno if it is possible to win as a member of one of the big, controversial alliances, without being an official candidate of that alliance.  Also, would a goon pick up any neutral votes?

But you'd have my several votes.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 03:31:01 PM

Well I didn't want to dampen your spirits but would be quite a feat to get elected from where you stand now, just as Endie said. Still you need exposure and become known if you want a shot at this, be it now or next time around.
Pick your strong points and start flaunting them wherever these CSM candidates compete for votes. Avoid getting into specifics or long arguments and hammer down the points you feel are important and popular.
Or be female and post a video of yourself on your blog, whatever works.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 04:10:51 PM

In what may be pretty neat timing, my stock amongst influential people at Goonfleet may be about to rise. If this happens I'll be much better placed to run as either an official candidate or at the very least as an endorsed independent. We shall see.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 05:58:42 PM

Don't become a director!
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 07:34:15 PM

Make a video of you raiding the shores of Newfoundland as a viking. You'd get every Canadian vote that isn't a newfie, which is everyone in Canada who plays. 8 votes or less.
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 03:48:51 AM

But you'd have my several votes.

+several as well. Good luck Iain.
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 02:40:34 AM

Just an update.

Saw this link on scrapheap - http://match.eve-csm.com/

Completed the questions and the highest match was Iainc (74%) - HA!

Edit: Oh and voting has begun - http://www.eveonline.com/council/voting/
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:23:47 AM by sanctuary »
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 06:40:24 AM

My best matches were Serenity and Trrzbk at about 70%.  Helen Highwater was about 67%.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Drubear
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 06:42:18 AM

Just one vote. ;(

Good luck!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 07:30:09 AM

What you really need to sew this thing up is a solid logo that people can identify with you.

I say you get a graphic artist to make you an image of a bee, in tux with a martini glass and judicial wig, standing at the podium in the US Senate and banging a gavel. (Maybe with a Mittani Bee to your left to indicate hidden strength and paranoia).

In the back ground should be flags of all the major alliances.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 08:57:26 AM

/flex

Results

I'm the first Alternate (10th place).

Thanks to all who voted for me. I'm simultaneously gutted to miss out as a full CSM delegate by 19 votes and impressed that I polled so high without official alliance support.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:22:54 AM by IainC »

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 09:21:59 AM

Bloody well done. I never thought for a second that an independent running from within goonswarm could even avoid embarassment, let alone get that close. Have there not been people pulling out mid-term from two of the three CSMs so far? You could be in Iceland yet. Also a good foundation for next time. Do some more FCing and you'll get more than enough goons to tip it next time, I'm sure.   

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 09:32:49 AM

Damn that's great. Congratulations. Let's get to work pulling down one of the real CSMs so you can get his job.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 09:34:46 AM

Damn that's great. Congratulations. Let's get to work pulling down one of the real CSMs so you can get his job.

We could make a microwave transmitter and point it at somebodies house?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 10:20:41 AM

Bloody well done. You only missed being one of the 9 by an Endie.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 10:26:55 AM

hahahah

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 11:39:43 AM

Excellent job.  It would have been 18 votes, or possibly 16 if I could have been bothered to resub all my accounts.  Next time, send timecodes.

One thing that comes to mind though - does working for another game development company put you in a conflict of interest?

Witty banter not included.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 12:09:56 PM

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support from LOVEU, F13 and around the web.

One thing that comes to mind though - does working for another game development company put you in a conflict of interest?

Not really. For a start I work on a very different kind of game. Secondly, I'm well used to working under NDAs and compartmentalising information. I've managed to keep NDAs from jobs I've held previously while working in far more closely related areas, I don't imagine this will be any harder.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 12:29:48 PM

I bet Endie's been on every CSM already anyways, just as some RL spy alt.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 12:36:04 PM

I bet Endie's been on every CSM already anyways, just as some RL spy alt.

My first year was particularly fun: trolling Darius and throwing people out of meetings for lateness.

Twitter - Endieposts

sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 12:48:47 PM

Haha well played Jade...err Endie

Edit: Congrats Iainc.  Here's hoping you get to Iceland yet.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:50:56 PM by sanctuary »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 12:55:50 PM

Congrats!  Thats a huge achievement.  Really sucks it was only by 19 votes...

Ah well, just means when goonfleet.com is back up we can start a meme about offing a CSM and replacing them with you to increase goonswarms sway.  

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 01:49:47 PM

That is pretty cool. Congrats.

Now we just need a devious plot to eliminate one of the nine...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 03:47:33 PM

Just let me know when he's online, I know a guy who can drive out and cut power to his house.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 03:50:42 PM

Brilliant job mate!

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 04:11:57 PM

Not bad at all, I was unsubbed so that was two votes you should have gotten.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: CSM 4  
Jump to: