Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:41:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Dwarf Fortress: ADVENTURE MODE! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: ADVENTURE MODE!  (Read 4781 times)
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

on: September 28, 2009, 02:11:34 AM

I've been playing this the last few days after ignoring it my entire time playing Dwarf Mode, and holy shit is it fun. Having elf children rip your eyes out, or a giant turn your lower body into pudding even after you have crippled both it's knees and gouged out both its eye is a blast.

This is my current "Hero":

He started out skilled with swords, armour, and shields. I also gave him plain wrestling(to counter grabs and locks) and novice swimmer(so I don't dodge into a .1/7 pond and drown).

His scoreboard:

Terrible giants... How dare they steal the villages strawberry wine and cow bone ring!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I'll post some fights if I come across anything worthwhile tonight.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 03:17:35 AM by FatuousTwat »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 05:21:36 AM

From a tattered journal, soaked in elven blood:

14 Slate, 73
Apska Cathipundik, swordmaster/mayor of Padshelpful has asked us to travel to Triflepit the Terrible Hell (cave) and kill Darala Sterncontests the Unwavering Persuasion (giant). The foul beast has killed three people and destroyed their homes*. Apparently it is somewhere to the northeast and since no one around here seems to know what I'm talking about when I inquire about horses for riding, we will wait until morning continuing our journey.

15 Slate, 73
I have set out with two brave companions, Mastrosp and Astri, and have begun following the directions the swordmaster/mayor has so helpfully provided. Unfortunately, Astri is useless. He managed to lose his crossbow soon after he joined me in a fight versus a Caveswallow-man** who somehow managed to tear it from his grasp without the benefit of hands, and then proceed to cripple both of Astri's legs. (Luckily every wound short of dismemberment and nerve damage (anything worse than bruising to the brain or spine) is healed by traveling a very short distance. What a strange land.) Apparently he did not want to replace it when we had the chance, I only hope he is better at hand-to-hand combat than he looks.

17 Slate, 73
After traveling through a foreboding jungle and over a windswept plain, we have encountered the stinking pit!

It is nearing dark, and the journey has tired us. We will set up camp near the entrence to our foe's lair to ensure she does not try to sneak away during the night.

19 slate 73
After entering the terrible cavern, I realized that none of us had brought any means to light our path, and the fashioning of torches has somehow fled my mind. Astri and Mastrosp had never heard of such a thing, and begun looking at me strangely when they think my attention is elsewhere. We continue anyway, darkness would not deter us from our righteous quest! We had only begun to explore it's twisting depths before we came upon the giant Eyi Bravevigor. I can only assume he was somehow associated with our quarry. After exchanging several MIGHTY BLOWS we prevailed!:

He bled out soon afterwords.

Unfortunately, my right knee was crippled during the fight:

We had gone too far to run away from a mere shattered knee! WE PRESS ON!

*but most importantly, SHE STOLE A PRECIOUS CARP BONE IDOL!
**Probably the weakest monster in game. You can easily break both its legs with a very low wrestling skill, which just leaves it's two useless vestigial wings and a beak that is also very easily grappled.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 05:34:46 AM by FatuousTwat »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 06:10:29 AM

Gonna wait until tomorrow to post the rest of this, but I just wanted to say that I have successfully saved a town from an invasion of Rhesus Macaques and Groundhogs.  awesome, for real

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 11:47:56 AM

Gonna wait until tomorrow to post the rest of this, but I just wanted to say that I have successfully saved a town from an invasion of Rhesus Macaques and Groundhogs.

It's extremely tempting to make this my sig, and offer no context.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Dwarf Fortress: ADVENTURE MODE!  
Jump to: