Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:56:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Runes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Runes  (Read 14847 times)
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

on: September 15, 2009, 01:05:11 PM

First things first, something needs to be done about combining runes. I believe it shouldn't be the way it is right now, random. Say, if you combine 5 Tier 1 Lesser Seals of Regenerations, you should get another Seal of Regeneration, not a damn Quintessence of Evasion.

I also wanna know what kinda builds are people putting in their books. I've found that a book with all Furor runes can be really devastating. Has anyone tried a Malice book? Anyways, speak your opinions.  cool
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 02:07:12 PM

Runes suck, the entire system should be shitcanned.

It is literally the most unfun thing about this game.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 02:49:37 PM

I'm pretty much with Bhodi except I think they will do some serious RMT with the rune system so I don't begrudge them keeping it, sadly it really is stupid and annoying.

Myself I think I'll just end up with a page for the 3 characters I enjoy playing most, not sure who those 3 are atm though and I sure haven't finalized any builds.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 03:36:48 PM

Runes suck, the entire system should be shitcanned.

It is literally the most unfun thing about this game.
Then what's your opinion on the masteries?
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 05:23:06 PM

Having runes is fine.  The whole inventory system is clunky.  Combining useless runes is tedious.

AKA Gyoza
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 10:25:23 PM

Masteries would be good except for the fact that it forces you into playing a single character (or class of characters). They are so strong that either you're forced into the most versatile (9-0-21) or you're forever playing a single class of player or having to respec over and over again. ESPECIALLY with your masteries powering up your spells. What's the point of being able to pick your summoner spells on the fly when it's so heavily tied to the mastery points? What's the point of 3 different runebooks when masteries are an order of magnitude stronger?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 10:27:21 PM by bhodi »
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 11:16:47 PM

At the risk of turning this thread into a 'what's wrong with the game thread'; elixirs. They need to be balanced. As much as i enjoy cheesing people with Morgana + Elixir of Brilliance, i get the feeling that they haven't been paying enough attention to them.

Also, i agree on Runes. Stack enough to get +35% crit damage, buy an elixir of Agility, enjoy killing everything in your lane for four minutes at a time.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 09:49:37 AM

They probably need to simulate the game without a rune grab bag ie, beta reset. I've gone through hundreds of runes and I'm only level 5. That's not realistic if we're paying real money or IP or whatever for them. Ditto for respecs which I assume will be an $$/IP thing too. (IP? is it IP? You all know what i mean.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 09:51:12 AM by Numtini »

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 10:42:41 AM

I have 3 Rune Books now, none of which are AP.

55%+ Critical Damage.
11% Dodge | 35%+ Critical Damage.
15.xx Cooldown Decrease

All 3 are pretty fantastic. I'd play the second one as Teemo, the first one as Ashe and Gangplank (omg gangplank), and the final one is a devastating book for casters. All in all I'm pretty happy with these books. Moreso than HP5 (I find myself less reliant on HP5 now that I know how to play).
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 10:48:52 AM

The Rune process is so tedious ugh.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 10:49:41 AM

No doubt. However, I bet Bhodi could go back to being Adjudicator if he made a Cooldown Primary / AP Primary&Secondary book. Then we'd all be happy.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 10:50:57 AM

No doubt. However, I bet Bhodi could go back to being Adjudicator if he made a Cooldown Primary / AP Primary&Secondary book. Then we'd all be happy.

Hahaha.

You're such a dick dude.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 11:40:54 AM

I'm not a dick unless he reads it.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 03:12:16 PM

I made a utilitarian book that's:

All Red Alacrity = like 8% haste.
All Blue MP/5 = like 5 MP/5  Not much, but it's not trivial.
All Yellow HP/5 + the seals all HP/5 = like 10 HP/5

I also went only far enough into each mastery tree to max out haste, MP/5, and HP/5, so all told there's more than that.

I find that even though I rarely die anymore in the early game, it helps me to be able to recover more quickly if someone plinks me, and stay on the aggressive side of things.  And really, limiting your non farming time early is the majority of the game.

AKA Gyoza
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 04:20:38 PM

I have 3 Rune Books now, none of which are AP.

55%+ Critical Damage.
11% Dodge | 35%+ Critical Damage.
15.xx Cooldown Decrease

All 3 are pretty fantastic. I'd play the second one as Teemo, the first one as Ashe and Gangplank (omg gangplank), and the final one is a devastating book for casters. All in all I'm pretty happy with these books. Moreso than HP5 (I find myself less reliant on HP5 now that I know how to play).

I've had the +55% Crit from the beginning but I've got a Cooldown book and a AP book atm to back that up.

I've been playing her today, she's a lot of fun.  Feels a little underpowered but there is nothing like denying an opposing ult/gank and then getting bubble back after like 2X seconds.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 11:40:17 PM

The Rune process is so tedious ugh.

Easy way to get what you want:

1) Grab a few hundred runes
2) Pick the ones you want
3) Use this nifty AutoHotkey macro in the rune combine page:
http://limelinx.com/files/d67a427d62e698cf9ec8bde627c98c99

edit:nvm, since the new patch put runes in categories, the mouse locs have to be tweaked

Works only with 1024x768 resolution (as far as I know)
ALT+CTRL+P is pause.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:52:00 PM by Krushchev »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 11:17:56 AM

Hey, I play an OK whatevrethatotherchar is.
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 12:36:12 PM

Hey, I play an OK whatevrethatotherchar is.

Who now?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 12:43:24 PM

Singed

And no, Kayle sucks and I won't play her. The whole POINT of the char was that she was able to do decent spike damage and decent late game farming with her ultimate. They removed that aspect of her character. They also removed the ultimate adding AP to her attack so there is no reason to stack AP with her anymore (her single slow+damage isn't enough to bother). Having the invuln targetable is fine except that the cooldown is now 10x as long. Her ultimate is now "You get to be a ranged character!" YAY!...  except that my damage is only like 50 points per hit so I can be completely ignored like the tank I am not.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:47:45 PM by bhodi »
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 01:19:49 PM

Singed

And no, Kayle sucks and I won't play her. The whole POINT of the char was that she was able to do decent spike damage and decent late game farming with her ultimate. They removed that aspect of her character. They also removed the ultimate adding AP to her attack so there is no reason to stack AP with her anymore (her single slow+damage isn't enough to bother). Having the invuln targetable is fine except that the cooldown is now 10x as long. Her ultimate is now "You get to be a ranged character!" YAY!...  except that my damage is only like 50 points per hit so I can be completely ignored like the tank I am not.
I'm OK with Singed. You're gonna have to fight it out with Ghambit on who gets to be him because he's convinced he's a good Singed also.

Haha. Seriously though, both of you wanna play tonight, right?
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 01:46:09 PM

I'd be all over a group game. I just happen to be at work until around 11 PM CST. That kind of ruins that right there.  Heartbreak
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 01:47:51 PM

I'll be playing til about 3AM CST. So, there's that. This weekend is Fallen Earth time though.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #22 on: September 23, 2009, 01:53:12 PM

Sadly, I'm in NJ on business all week. I won't be back to play any until friday evening.

Unless LoL has a MAC client...
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 01:54:51 PM

I hear MrHat has had some great luck using his powerbook with whatever that crap is that lets you kinda sorta run windows.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 01:55:46 PM

I'll be playing til about 3AM CST. So, there's that. This weekend is Fallen Earth time though.

Well, in that case, I'll send you a message when I get on tonight. I feel like terrorizing people with Twitch.  awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 02:27:52 PM

Just get on vent, I'll be there.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 02:30:09 PM

Singed

And no, Kayle sucks and I won't play her. The whole POINT of the char was that she was able to do decent spike damage and decent late game farming with her ultimate. They removed that aspect of her character. They also removed the ultimate adding AP to her attack so there is no reason to stack AP with her anymore (her single slow+damage isn't enough to bother). Having the invuln targetable is fine except that the cooldown is now 10x as long. Her ultimate is now "You get to be a ranged character!" YAY!...  except that my damage is only like 50 points per hit so I can be completely ignored like the tank I am not.

Yeah they need to tweak it a little bit to refocus the character design, right now you can't stack anything that makes sense for her except Cooldowns.  I'm using all cooldowns and attack speed on red, but I'm not sure that is the way to go.  She's definitely useful though, I get the invuln down to 25 seconds at rank 3 and everything else is spammable.  I'd like to see them buff the heal component of her run speed buff and make the passive buff when a teammate dies last longer because right now its meaningless because of the short duration and her meager damage.

-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 01:11:27 PM

I am now playing without runes to get ready for launch.

No, I'm not kidding.

We have no clue what level requirements will be.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 01:38:52 PM

That is completely foolish. You should be playing with what your opponent is likely to have. Right now, everyone has a full runebook. Later, everyone will have an empty one. Playing with an empty one now is simply an additional handicap to your team.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 01:45:53 PM

I've been playing with pretty much an empty runebook all this time. I messed around with them initially, slotted some random crap to get 1.5% faster mana regen and +1 gold or something, and never touched it since. I don't think i've noticed a difference.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 01:51:10 PM

That is completely foolish. You should be playing with what your opponent is likely to have. Right now, everyone has a full runebook. Later, everyone will have an empty one. Playing with an empty one now is simply an additional handicap to your team.
Yes, it is, and the rankings don't matter now.

Edit: Also, I just played with a Card Master who threw one gold card the entire time, got 1 kill, and died before the creeps arrived against a solo ashe. I wanted to cry.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 01:52:40 PM

I've been playing with pretty much an empty runebook all this time. I messed around with them initially, slotted some random crap to get 1.5% faster mana regen and +1 gold or something, and never touched it since. I don't think i've noticed a difference.

There's a pretty sizeable difference if you focus your runes on specific things. I have a +20% crit chance rune page. That makes a pretty sizeable difference on someone like Tristana or Twitch. I just add some crit items and I'm critting at a really nice clip in games and that can be a big help.
schild
Administrator

Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 01:56:48 PM

Runes are a huge difference. And frankly, I'd rather suffer now and be much much better for it when Ranked Games matter.
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 03:53:31 PM

I hear MrHat has had some great luck using his powerbook with whatever that crap is that lets you kinda sorta run windows.
That is Boot Camp.
schild
Administrator

Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 04:21:47 PM

I'm raping without runes. Just wanted to say that. 9 kills 21 assists as Teemo, 19 kills 9 assists as Kassadin.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Runes  
Jump to: