Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:24:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: In Por Ylem... An Corp 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In Por Ylem... An Corp  (Read 27188 times)
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 07:16:45 PM

Ninja edit.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 07:13:26 AM by Azaroth »

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 06:50:48 AM

I'm especially looking for people with Unity engine experience starting now.

What is it you are doing with the unity engine?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 07:48:17 AM

No one here is jumping in with dev theories.  Its depressing.   swamp poop

I may have a super awesome programmer interested.  He is awesome at web shit as well.  Also able to engage in critical thinking.  I am slowly reeling him in...  awesome, for real

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 08:26:07 AM

Haha, fantastic. Thanks.  Thumbs up!

Does he do Unity? :D

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 11:48:05 AM

No one here is jumping in with dev theories.  Its depressing.   swamp poop

I may have a super awesome programmer interested.  He is awesome at web shit as well.  Also able to engage in critical thinking.  I am slowly reeling him in...  awesome, for real

I'm shutting my mouth and watching, pretty much. Just interested, but don't really have anything to add to the conversation. ^_^

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 11:56:22 AM

Interesting project.  Isn't it like asking for help to pirate a game though?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 01:45:07 PM

Fine, don't tell me then.  tongue

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 02:18:58 PM

I'd love to, but the answer to that question will have to wait a while.  Grin

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 09, 2009, 12:36:02 PM

So, more visibly, I'm looking for:

- C# Programmers
- Pixel Artists
- Website Designer
- Community Manager
- Good with Unity? Love you long time.

I'm especially looking for people with Unity engine experience starting now.

What is it you are doing with the unity engine?

I'd love to, but the answer to that question will have to wait a while.  Grin

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 12:39:32 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 02:32:34 PM

No matter how long I stare at that post I still have no idea what you're saying.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 02:48:51 PM

For the record, I promise not to shit up any threads with Trammel / Feluccia stuff. At work tomorrow, I'll actually read stuff and try to give some input.

Go Az!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
schild
Administrator

Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 02:51:30 PM

No matter how long I stare at that post I still have no idea what you're saying.
Hm? What's confusing?

He quoted what jobs were available and then you posting you were looking for people with Unity experience. Then he asked what you were going to be doing implying he might be able to help and then you posted that you can't say and he posted the pixelish ex-cyborgs death cycle from the flash game we made earlier this year as a response to you asking for something and then not saying why.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 03:34:50 PM

I see. Well, that clears that up perfectly then.

I saw no mention that he had experience. It just looked like he was curious.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: November 26, 2009, 11:02:54 PM

Desperately seeking dedicated coders.

Please enjoy cheap red wine and long walks on the beach.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #49 on: December 03, 2009, 05:44:02 AM

I decided to give Divinity a try, but for some reason I get flickering while in full screen.  Its driving me insane!  I set compatibility mode up with both razor and UO (Windows XP SP 2, Admin mode, Disable desktop, etc) and its still happening.  I guess I could play in Window Mode; at least that way I can change the resolution to something wide screen.

Anyhow, throwing this post here because I wanted to query when you would start testing things out as far as IPY/AC or whatever you are going to call it.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 06, 2009, 03:24:29 PM

With the current dedication level of my coders?

Never.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I spend all of my time playing cat herder/looking for new coders and none of it doing the things I should be doing.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 12, 2010, 07:03:56 AM

Coder situation has changed within the last month. I think I've got about ten now.

That being said:

http://azaroth.org/?p=384#more-384

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 10:47:13 AM

Quests! I got this awesome idea where there are rats in a cellar and you have to clear them out, otherwise the miller's grain will be eaten. There's like ten of them.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 11:08:43 AM

I see. Well, that clears that up perfectly then.

I saw no mention that he had experience. It just looked like he was curious.

I have experience!

But I can't say in what.

(See what I did there :) )

I spend all of my time playing cat herder/looking for new coders and none of it doing the things I should be doing.

Welcome to my world! (Recent collaborative F13 coders excluded)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 11:10:55 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 12:43:25 PM

Quests! I got this awesome idea where there are rats in a cellar and you have to clear them out, otherwise the miller's grain will be eaten. There's like ten of them.

That sounds awesome and I think it should be included in every MMO.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 03:29:35 PM

Good idea, but we can go a different direction with it...  How about requesting ten looted starter robes to wipe up the carebear tears?  Since, you know, that would make the bread salty.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: February 15, 2010, 09:50:31 AM

http://azaroth.org/?p=388

More di-skuhsh-uhn.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 16, 2010, 06:06:28 PM

Holy shit dude, that's an awesome direction to go in. I had thought you were just going to make it open PvP, like old school, then toss in a bunch of somewhat-Ultima-ish quests as something to keep people busy between smack fests.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 20, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Nope.

Edit: This post was longer, but I felt it was a little hype-ish. If I can over-deliver on something you don't have incredibly high expectations of, that's a good thing. Follow my blog for a better idea of what my philosophies are on this one. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised when it's ready to go.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:14:24 AM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #59 on: February 22, 2010, 04:35:51 PM

Man good luck, I read the comments on that virtue entry and all I saw was a huge list of exploits waiting to happen. "Oh man I just rezkilled that guy right off the shard. Get your newbie out and stand him in the orc fort so I can heal him, I need to get more Compassion."

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 22, 2010, 05:34:03 PM

I think a lot of that is unavoidable, without GM intervention. The original Ultimas were full of that anyway; healing up, donating blood, healing again, donating again, picking fights with snakes then waiting for them to run away, etc.

Crap, now I want to play Ultima 4 again.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: February 22, 2010, 06:41:39 PM

Well, I'm doing what I can to prevent exploits. Obviously I can't get into that really, since that kind of thing being public knowledge wouldn't be wildly helpful.

We'll see how things go. I'm sure we'll have our challenges. Since I'm not trying to sell any boxes, I can probably have a nice long period that I call an "Open Beta", which will hopefully buy me time to fix some things and then wipe the shard clean.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 24, 2010, 12:03:20 AM

Time-based diminishing returns would solve the spamming / macro issue.

A multiplier on every act which increases the end karma gain/loss if it is opposite of your current alignment would make it trend towards zero more.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 24, 2010, 08:22:55 PM

Diminishing returns are definitely involved in the plan.

In fact, diminishing returns seems to be involved in everything I do. And I hate diminishing returns.

Does that make me a bad game designer?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #64 on: July 16, 2010, 09:28:54 PM

Huh

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: In Por Ylem... An Corp  
Jump to: