Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:50:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey '09-'10 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Hockey '09-'10  (Read 43104 times)
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: January 12, 2010, 06:47:41 PM

So Brodeur needs to stop with the fucking shutouts.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: January 14, 2010, 02:18:24 AM

do I have to wait for the end of the season to be able to play fantasy hockey with you guys?
I'm not very familiar with it but I'd be interested to give a try.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #177 on: January 14, 2010, 08:19:29 AM

So uh, Canucks fans? John Scott > Alexandre Bolduc  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

That fight was all kinds of awesome. The game wasn't bad either, though it looked like the Wild wanted to sleep through the 2nd.

WayAbvPar

Reply #178 on: January 14, 2010, 08:52:19 AM

I have no earthly idea what Bolduc was thinking. My only theory is that Rypien is still nursing some stitches on his nose from his two wars with Prust over the weekend and thus wasn't able to drop 'em, and that led Bolduc (who normally skates with him on the 4th line, although Rypien was skating on a different line last night) to try to fill in for him. Obviously a horrible choice  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: January 14, 2010, 02:55:06 PM

I'm sure his face was sore from more than just the stitches. I don't know how these dudes fight so much, to be honest.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: January 16, 2010, 06:39:09 AM

Burke Considers Considering Rebuild....

Now that, you know, he can't.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/30760-Brian-Burke-says-hell-keep-Ron-Wilson-will-not-ask-Kaberle-to-waive-notrade.html

There's also a lot of rumours about the Leafs trading away Poni, Stajan, some defense and so on. The Toronto sports media is all over talking about how a rebuild is a great idea at this point as well.

Which is good, I think. Because you want to tank and give Boston the #1 overall selection in the draft. Maybe then Burkie will cry manly tears as he loads up his service revolver and quietly takes his own life in his office at 3am. It'll be the most brains that place will have seen in years.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: January 18, 2010, 02:43:25 PM

How many picks did we trade away again exactly? I never keep track of this kind of stuff.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: January 18, 2010, 07:32:41 PM

I came into this thread and I could have sworn I decided against posting that. I've been all over the Leafs in this thread, and Lord knows their fans don't need it rubbed in.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: January 18, 2010, 10:41:36 PM

I hope the Boston GM gets a big fat bonus this year.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: January 26, 2010, 06:24:42 AM

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: January 26, 2010, 11:27:04 PM

That's really creepy.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: January 30, 2010, 06:27:08 PM

Since when are they the best players in the league?

Don't give me any shit about development or knowing they were this or that. Vancouver fans complained about their contract and said they were second line players. A lot of people didn't want to give them the money.

Is this just a special year? What the piss is going on?

They were point-per-game guys to this point. This is akin to Havlat going on a tear for 120. How's it happen?

Sure, anyone who does 80+ or so has the potential... but come on. These guys are dominant. Especially Henrik. I traded him for Crosby fully expecting he'd tail off at some point - not get stronger.

It's funny watching Brian Burke watch the game tonight. You just know he's thinking that if he could have only gotten the Sedins in the summer like he wanted to, shit in Toronto would be entirely different. The Kessel trade wouldn't have ENTIRELY exposed him as a complete fool, anyway. Sedin-Sedin-Kessel?

Suddenly Kessel looks like he's worth those...

er, one of those...

Nevermind.

Burke's a moron no matter how you slice the pie.

The Sedins just pwn.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:33:55 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: January 31, 2010, 09:11:35 AM

Wow. Calgary just got hosed.

A bunch of UFAs and trash for Phaneuf.

I just... wow.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: January 31, 2010, 08:47:08 PM

I just... wow.

Good deal for the Leafs though.

I like the trade for Giguere too, he might discover new life in Leaf land.

But who's going to put pucks in the net on offense?

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: January 31, 2010, 08:51:07 PM

Since when are they the best players in the league?

Don't give me any shit about development or knowing they were this or that. Vancouver fans complained about their contract and said they were second line players. A lot of people didn't want to give them the money.

Is this just a special year? What the piss is going on?

They were point-per-game guys to this point. This is akin to Havlat going on a tear for 120. How's it happen?

Sure, anyone who does 80+ or so has the potential... but come on. These guys are dominant. Especially Henrik. I traded him for Crosby fully expecting he'd tail off at some point - not get stronger.

Alex Burrows.

Don't know what secret sauce he's been tapping either, but he's really bust out this season.

They make a really scary line together.

Though no Canuck fan should be confident about a team that gives so much ice time to Willie Mitchell…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: February 01, 2010, 02:52:17 AM

I just... wow.

Good deal for the Leafs though.

I like the trade for Giguere too, he might discover new life in Leaf land.

But who's going to put pucks in the net on offense?

Nobody. But now they have a young all-star defenseman and an Conn Smythe winning goalie, bought on the cheap, who can find himself again with his old goalie coach and GM in Toronto (maybe).

Fantastic deals, both of them.

No, they have no offense left. But they were in last place with those guys - they can be in last place without them, too.

If Burke can pull Kovalchuk out of his ass in the summer somehow, they're actually on their way.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: February 01, 2010, 01:22:39 PM

With Blake gone, who will we have to burn down the boards, skate past the net and fire it into the goalies chest from a impossible angle?  awesome, for real

They need to keep going though, this was just a grenade, the Leafs need a fucking mortar dropped into the dressing room.

-edit- The only guy I'm kinda bummed to see go, is White. He was decent enough.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:51:08 PM by Fordel »

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: February 02, 2010, 07:25:12 AM

Well, depends right. If White signs in the summer, Hagman continues to score at a decent clip, etc... it's not the worst trade of all time. Calgary is possibly a better team RIGHT NOW because of it. Maybe (but not after the Jokinen trade... WTF was that??).

It's just that all of the potential is on Toronto's side... and Calgary got a bunch of mediocre UFAs.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: February 02, 2010, 10:44:08 AM

Calgary going full board into dismantle mode, shedding some more skaters…

http://www.hockeyfights.com/news/136087

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the Rangers have acquired forwards Olli Jokinen and Brandon Prust from the Calgary Flames, in exchange for forwards Chris Higgins and Ales Kotalik.

Maybe Oilers have hope to catch and pass Flames in standings…

Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: February 02, 2010, 10:52:02 AM

I'm just happy that there's a trade in NHL. ANY TRADE.  awesome, for real

Phaneuf could end up at stud for the next decade, or he's a more expensive Bryan McCabe.  Giguere's still got some years left in him and they finally have a legit starter since Ed Belfour.  As for goal scoring, for this year who cares?

I don't think they can land Kovalchuk.  I'm betting by the deadline he's traded and signed to an extension with the team that picked him up.  If he never hits the market then I don't see the Leafs having anything to offer Atlanta.

Calgary's moves show just how badly Sutter wanted Phaneuf and Jokinen out of the dressing room.  Phaneuf isn't too bad since they add some badly needed depth up front.  White keeps their D strong.  But they still don't have a center.

Jokinen has been a terrible failure for Sutter.  He gives up a lot to get him, loses his chance to keep Mike Cammaleri and has to send him off for Ales Kotalik whom he'll be paying for another 2 years.  Obviously he wanted him out bad if he's willing to eat that rather than let him walk as a UFA.

EDIT: So the 'Toronto Four' make their debut as the Flames get shut out 3-0 to a chorus of boos.  Looks like they'll feel right at home!  why so serious?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:01:19 AM by Special J »
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: February 02, 2010, 01:52:20 PM

Calgary's moves show just how badly Sutter wanted Phaneuf and Jokinen out of the dressing room.  Phaneuf isn't too bad since they add some badly needed depth up front.  White keeps their D strong.  But they still don't have a center.

Jokinen has been a terrible failure for Sutter.  He gives up a lot to get him, loses his chance to keep Mike Cammaleri and has to send him off for Ales Kotalik whom he'll be paying for another 2 years.  Obviously he wanted him out bad if he's willing to eat that rather than let him walk as a UFA.

Was astonished when initially discovering Flames obtained Jokinen. A gifted scorer, but definitely not a fit for a Sutter coached team IMV.

I love Phaneuf but sometimes I think I have a big bias there since his style of play mirrored that of my own when I played… …definitely a talent, but I've seen him commit some of the same defensive lapses I faltered… …but playing defense is most mental position and a few years of experience mean everything, he definitely has ability and potential up the wazoo…

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: February 02, 2010, 03:09:35 PM

Well, depends right. If White signs in the summer, Hagman continues to score at a decent clip, etc... it's not the worst trade of all time. Calgary is possibly a better team RIGHT NOW because of it. Maybe (but not after the Jokinen trade... WTF was that??).

It's just that all of the potential is on Toronto's side... and Calgary got a bunch of mediocre UFAs.

I think Calgary is going to get boned when they figure out all their new forwards only got as many goals as they did because of sheer persistence and playtime.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: February 02, 2010, 08:53:37 PM

Well, that much SHOULD be obvious to an NHL GM.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: February 02, 2010, 09:03:30 PM

Leafs win 3-0 and the 3 stars are Giguere, Phaneuf and Sjostrom.

I don't know what the fuck Sutter is doing. The deal with the Leafs potentially could have gotten them a little bit better up front, but Jokinen for Kotalik is trading under-achiever for under-achiever.

Hate both of these trades, especially considering they look to be purely shakeup sort of deals.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #199 on: February 03, 2010, 10:48:50 AM

Alex Burrows.

Don't know what secret sauce he's been tapping either, but he's really bust out this season.

They make a really scary line together.

Though no Canuck fan should be confident about a team that gives so much ice time to Willie Mitchell…

You do realize that they just went on a seven game win streak without Mitchel, Salo, or Bieksa in the lineup.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: February 04, 2010, 07:29:39 AM

Jokinen put up 91 points in 06-07.

Kotalik has only been over 43 points once in his career - 62 in 05-06.

They're the same age.

It's my feeling that Phaneuf and Jokinen must have been HUGE problems in the dressing room and it must have been very well known around the league.

Either that, or Sutter is a fucking moron.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: February 04, 2010, 07:32:33 AM

That being said, I'm happy for Toronto fans here. Ultimately guys like Stajan and Hagman mean shit all. They're replaceable. White was going to leave in the summer, because I don't think the Leafs are giving him 3.5m... something he'll probably get on the open market. Problem is that the Leafs know he's playing to his absolute maximum potential this year and has nowhere to go but downward.

If Phaneuf can get going to his potential again (and it's not like he's 34 and 7 years removed from it), Leafs win big time and have a pretty nice looking defense in place.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: February 04, 2010, 08:09:15 PM

I wonder if hockey will work out in Atlanta?

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #203 on: February 05, 2010, 10:52:27 AM

Damnit, of COURSE Kovi enters the Atlantic Division...and I don't think the Devils gave up a whole lot to get him, though it could be a lot if they don't resign him.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: February 05, 2010, 03:34:59 PM

Atlantic Division - Most ridiculous in the league, no arguments now.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: February 05, 2010, 06:28:08 PM

awesome, for real directed at Tonight's Leaf vs. Devil game.

"Why yes, we can blow a 3-1 lead in less then 5 minutes, why do you ask?"

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: February 05, 2010, 07:49:32 PM

I cheered for NJ for the first time in my life. Except maybe during their first cup run.

Although really... that was just a colossal breakdown by the Leafs.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: February 06, 2010, 10:42:33 PM

Yea, I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore. I don't get how the team can suck so terribly one game, then dominate the next like that.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: March 01, 2010, 08:35:54 AM

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10060/1039477-100.stm?cmpid=penguins.xml

The Sun-Sentinel, a newspaper in south Florida, is reporting the Penguins have acquired defenseman Jordan Leopold from the Florida Panthers in exchange for a second-round pick in the 2010 draft, pending standard NHL approval. The Penguins have not confirmed the trade.

Hope it's true.

Now all the Pens need is another winger and they're set.

If Fleury somehow manages to find his game again.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: March 01, 2010, 09:33:14 AM

People keep talking Leopold up, but I've never really heard that much about him except a flash across the ticker when he gets traded 4 times a year.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey '09-'10  
Jump to: