Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:17:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey '09-'10 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Hockey '09-'10  (Read 43156 times)
Phildo
Contributor

on: September 13, 2009, 11:04:06 PM

Are we gonna do this?  Do I have to start the league?
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:03:40 AM

Go for it. I've just been in denial that summer is over.

Sharks really stole Heatley there. With Jumbo Joe I expect some big regular season points (and jack in the playoffs).

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 08:08:58 AM

Also I still think that in a CBC contest of like 50,000 people, getting sub-200 should win you a fucking car.

Note: When you start the league, note that I'm putting up $100 to the winner's favourite charity. If you want me to do the league, just let me know.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 08:11:50 AM by Azaroth »

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:50:00 PM

You should probably start it, I've never run one before and have no idea how to actually set up the scoring system.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:22:13 AM

It's going to be the Leafs year!!! Eighth place and a first round exit (yuk it up, Toronto would kill for that. Our first glance at playoff sports in...well a while).

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 03:08:40 PM

Which is worth throwing away the chance to rebuild properly and come out gunning ala Pit, Chi, Was, etc in a few years.

I feel so bad for Leafs fans. Their (mis)management constantly screws you all, and you're so true blue that you keep lapping it up happily. What an abusive relationship.

Toronto suits will kill motherfuckers to prevent Hamilton getting a team. They'd actually have to ice a decent team to get the seats filled. Maybe.

(Have I gotten this thread rolling yet?)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 03:17:16 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 03:31:33 PM

League info for top post:

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/f13

League Name: Bat Country 2009
League ID: 172394
pass: nohomers

Rules are the same as last year. I don't believe there were any complaints. If you want something changed, just mention it in this thread and we'll vote it down and you can feel ashamed. So on and so forth.

IMPORTANT! Live draft on Sept. 26th at 10:00pm EST! IMPORTANT!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:51:55 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 03:43:58 PM

What's the league ID?

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 03:54:59 PM

Fixed.

Also, draft order?

Random, snaking as usual?

Or some sort of system when I get to pick Crosby, Malkin and Fleury straight up.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 10:02:46 PM

The Kilt Wavers live again!

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 10:08:52 PM

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 12:24:07 AM

Which is worth throwing away the chance to rebuild properly and come out gunning ala Pit, Chi, Was, etc in a few years.

I feel so bad for Leafs fans. Their (mis)management constantly screws you all, and you're so true blue that you keep lapping it up happily. What an abusive relationship.

Toronto suits will kill motherfuckers to prevent Hamilton getting a team. They'd actually have to ice a decent team to get the seats filled. Maybe.

Most religions don't have followers as zealous and blind  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hasn't Burke already said that the next few years will be "shit" or whatever?

-edit-

kan't engrish goodur
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:32:41 AM by Fordel »

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 02:41:29 AM

Operation Slapshot 2: Now with none of the original cast and 100% more Gary Busey.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 09:32:14 AM

IMPORTANT! Live draft on Sept. 30th at 8pm EST! IMPORTANT!

Any chance of making that on the 28th or 29th, or bumping it back 90 minutes? No chance I can make it at that time- 5pm PDT is commuting  Heartbreak

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 10:26:43 AM

Seconding WAP's request...5pm PDT is commuting hell.

Also, in for another season of fantasy fail.

Xbox live: trotski44
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 11:29:06 AM

I'll give some more people time to chime in on that before I change it.

At the moment I'm thinking to maybe bump it back to Sunday the 27th?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 03:36:01 PM

I'll set it for Sunday so everyone is hopefully off work and can participate by making huge mistakes such as picking Miro Satan like I did last year, hoping he'd return to his Buffalo form playing alongside Crosby. Obviously I'm very smart as he was in the minors at the end of the season.

Edit: I don't know why I can't make it later than 8:45 EST, but whatever.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 03:38:46 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 03:46:37 PM

Please tell me that is PM and not AM? Otherwise I will miss this one too. No way in hell I am getting up that early on a Sunday  swamp poop

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Mandrel
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 05:30:40 PM

Buffaloed Wings are back to defend their title!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 11:38:37 PM

Sunday is definitely better.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 06:08:54 AM

Leafs rebuild: Officially over.

Phil Kessel (Career high 60 pts last year) for 2010 1st, 2010 2nd, 2011 1st.

So instead of rebuilding, you grabbed Kessel and some mediocre free agent signings on defense...

But hey, if Kessel develops into as good a player as, say, Kovalchuk... you might be the next Atlanta Thrashers!

Oh wait.

Kessel will never be anywhere near that good.

It's funny, because I've traditionally hated the Leafs. But lately I had really been cheering for them to get better. When they announced a major rebuild and started ditching assets for picks, I was really hoping they'd stockpile picks and come out with the next awesome team in a few years with a lot of great, exciting rookies.

But there's just no way to put a positive spin on this shit.

The Leafs pretty much did what they always did - go out and grab a bunch of mediocre free agents and hope it wins them a Cup.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 10:18:45 PM

It'll work one day, you'll see! You'll all see!

mwhahaha!  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 10:53:01 PM

I don't know. I guess I should stop being pissed off and insulted FOR Leafs fans. They fall in love with whatever their organization does pretty quickly, so I tend to be the only one who is upset about it.

It's just that they have this huge GM search and front office turnover with the big new promise of change, trumpet from the castle walls about how they're going to rebuild properly and bring in Brian Burke who starts talking about rebuilds and how hard the next few years will be, etc.

Then they sign a bunch of free agents like always and will proceed to either miss the playoffs or get knocked out in the first round. Like always.

I'd be pissed. But for some reason, being a Leafs fan requires a fucking lobotomy or something. They love it. The cup is theirs, etc.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:54:37 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 03:34:55 AM

I think you missed the green text in my post lol. Well, a little green, like teal font, or something. Normally, no one is more cynical towards them than my, after all the burnt hand.... but this year is a little different. Not we're going to win the cup different, just I think they have a shot at the playyoffs different. Nothing higher than seventh place, and 100 to 1 odds on a first round exit, but that is so much more than they have delivered in the last five years that it is worth something.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 07:31:53 AM

And what did it cost.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 08:17:15 AM

Considering what the Leafs had before, not much. They gave away a first round pick, but they recived a player who was picked in the first round, and they didn't have to develop him.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 11:16:16 AM

Actually they gave two firsts and a second.

For a guy who got 60pts last year playing top line minutes alongside Marc Savard, one of the league's best centres. He's not getting that kind of support in Toronto, I can tell you that right now.

The question wasn't really about that though. What this summer has COST you, in return for a small chance at maybe a first round exit, is your entire rebuild. You sacrificed everything you could have done by developing youth and picking top 5 over the next 3-5 years. Your entire future was thrown away for the sake of being mediocre immediately. And well into the future. Which is a pattern with the Leafs that I'd be getting awful fed up with personally.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 12:30:39 PM

I just realized that Sunday is the Seahawks-Bears game I am attending, so I am going to miss the draft. Fuck.

Pretty sure trotski is going too.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 02:18:00 PM

Look, I wanted the Leafs to be patient and rebuild too, but they have never ever been able to do that. Their rebuilding plans always have the wheels fall off, half due to poor management, half due to pandering to a very impatient fanbase.

I never said that this was a team going places in years to come, I said finally we might get a playoff appearance this year, so lets enjoy it. The worst spot it could lead us is, yup, right where we are now.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 03:26:02 PM

I just realized that Sunday is the Seahawks-Bears game I am attending, so I am going to miss the draft. Fuck.

Pretty sure trotski is going too.

Not sure how many times I can change it before nobody knows what's going on, but how is the Saturday?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 07:52:00 PM

Odds are good that I'll be working overtime whatever day you do it, so I'm indifferent.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 10:03:06 PM

Be nice if there was a draft by mail option.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 12:07:20 PM

I THINK Saturday will work  Ohhhhh, I see.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 01:59:10 PM

Changes from now on cost $15.99.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 05:34:44 PM

It's all well and good and say that a team should tank a few years to rebuild BECAUSE IT WORKED FOR PIT, but remember that THAT franchise nearly died doing that (by coincidence or intent).

I mean, who the fuck would want to go see a team that has no intention of going anywhere? They MIGHT be good 5 years down the line, but I'm watching the games Now, and if my team was doing that sort of thing, I don't know how I could watch games.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey '09-'10  
Jump to: