Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:02:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Server Down til 5PM - Reinstall the game or else it won't work - link inside! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Server Down til 5PM - Reinstall the game or else it won't work - link inside!  (Read 18682 times)
schild
Administrator

on: September 02, 2009, 12:21:28 PM

http://hwcdn.net/h2f4b5v4/cds/installer/lol/LOL_Setup.exe

Get it while it's hot and while they have that temporary link up!
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 12:27:44 PM

Make sure you not only download it but run it - their launcher downloads another 150mb of updates and you don't want to compete with the masses.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 04:14:37 PM

The dumbest change of all? If you want to surrender and the rest of the team doesn't want to, you can't just leave anymore. Despite fully wanting the leave on my record (Mephite is balls boring), I can't leave the game.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 04:59:03 PM

This is the kind of patch that makes me ragequit a game altogether. Just saying. If this is your first week, I'm sorry.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 05:13:04 PM

I'm done here. Have fun with the game guys! Tell me if they released a "We Fucked Up Bad and Now We're Fixing it" Patch.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 05:21:50 PM

(So we uninstall the old, and then clean-install the new?) What the hell Schild, what could they have done to generate a reaction like that from you?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 05:27:46 PM

(So we uninstall the old, and then clean-install the new?) What the hell Schild, what could they have done to generate a reaction like that from you?

Dear Diary,

Today Riot Games...

Introduced 3 tanks in one patch fucking up game balance across the board.
Introduced 4 heroes who OBVIOUSLY weren't tested at all for balance instead of trying to balance the current heroes.
Over nerfed Jax.
Stealth Nerfed Veigar.
Decreased the power on HP and HP5 runes for the third patch in a row - now useless.
Decreased the power of Attack Speed runes (why even have the rune book now?)
Turned Clairvoyance from Useful into Useless, it should now be called "GENERIC_PLACEHOLDER_ABILITY_1"
Did not introduce a new map or any new gametypes. Instead made drastic kneejerk changes to the entire champion line.
Buffed Taric.
Totally fucked up pathing even worse (JUST MAKE IT SO WE CAN CLIP THROUGH FRIENDLY CREEPS, FUCK)
Increased the cost on a shitload of items.
Made it so HP Stackers are effectively unstoppable (due to all the nerfs)
You can no longer leave a game, you just get a reconnect screen and nothing else, period.
You have to have more than 3 for and zero against to surrender.
Managed to make the 2D art even fucking uglier (Check out Janna and Taric).

Love,
Clownshoes

P.S. I don't even know what game I'm playing anymore. But this is not what I played yesterday.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:30:00 PM by schild »
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 05:36:01 PM

Lord Nikon is displeased.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 05:37:07 PM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yea he is.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 05:51:14 PM

Oh heeey, they buffed Cho'Gath. Teehee.

Well, once my (very slow) download is finished, i'll have a look for myself. Not too concerned about the new heroes, but the no-disconnect thing and the worse pathing sounds bad.

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 07:21:13 PM

well, I was having fun.

Heartbreak
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 07:34:57 PM

Ahahahahahah.  At least we can grief with the new surrender-mechanism.
And hey, at least we can dump the point in Clairvoyance.

Gotta find the positive people!

<bizarro Ghambit has spoken>

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 07:38:48 PM

Haven't really been playing this because it's not my thing. But I've been following it on another forum (from my aged mmo past where a couple of the devs post). And there were beta players there that were complaining about quitters in high end play where it really screws things up. So yeah, just saying it's probably not going to stay this way since they have other plans.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 09:52:28 PM

I, wow.

Oh god. wtf.

* Edit:

Okay, now that i've finished a game. Of the four new heroes, three (excluding the elemental) are quite possibly the ugliest, most clumsy things i've seen in this game so far. Two are GLOWING NEON FABULOUS COLOUR MAGIC SHINY FLAREGLOW, two are xbox hueg, and all are fantastic at blocking your teammates and everything else that happens to be in the lane.

I didn't think it was possible, but the animations for the robot actually make him physically painful to play. My eyes were begging me to stop looking at him.

Um, i think i'm in too much shock to post any more.

* Edit No2:

Some idiot doesn't load during game start. Everybody is stalled on the loading screen. I AltF4 after a few minutes and try to re-connect to LoL.

"Your game has crashed. Would you like to reconnect?"

WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO RECONNECT?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:34:41 PM by Megrim »

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 10:34:37 PM

My biggest gripe is the new chat window.  Now, when someone chats there's a large black box right over your game; not to mention you cant read the goram text anyways.   swamp poop

Seriously, why'd they bother with all this crap?  Someone actually spent hard-earned time and money to actually make the game WORSE in many ways.  That energy should've been put to other use.  I mean really.  The splash screen was FINE.  Why make a new one??  The matchmaking UI was also fine, aside from the chat (which they didnt improve).  So again, why make a new one??

It's like someone over there was bored and just wanted to fool around on company time.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 08:43:59 AM

Hey you forgot the word filter that filters "nerd" and "wtf" to ***
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 09:42:20 AM

Head scratch

schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 10:47:57 AM

Head scratch
In chat, before the game, they have a word filter that is a little overprotective.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 12:44:26 PM

I realize that.  The headscratch was due to the inherent retardation.
Someone must have a lot of pent up pre-pubescent angst to moderate the word "nerd."

Lounge
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 04:24:01 PM

Hey if you guys all hate this game now and want to step up to the big leagues i have HoN beta keys  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 04:24:43 PM

I tried this before the patch once versus bots and thought I might enjoy playing, but I also wasn't very tempted to play because a game like this should have built in voice chat for grouping. It's a little bright and cartoony to me too.

So is it worth doing the install over?

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 04:25:46 PM

Hey if you guys all hate this game now and want to step up to the big leagues i have HoN beta keys  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
So do I, and it's more like the previous leagues, only on a standalone platform. I like progress in my games, not stagnation. If I wanted to play DotA, I'd just play DotA.
Lounge
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 05:25:41 PM

So do I, and it's more like the previous leagues, only on a standalone platform. I like progress in my games, not stagnation. If I wanted to play DotA, I'd just play DotA.

Yeah i know where you stand, I was only half serious.  I personally think what they are doing (bringing dota out of the stone ages) is great and found LoL (the old implementation) somewhat slowpaced and boring overall.

I gotta say I'm impressed with Riot that they are willing to shake things up so drastically this late in the game.  I hope it works out for them.  I'm actually more interested to try it after the hate since i didnt care for the old implementation.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 05:27:31 PM

The hate wasn't about it being more like DotA, most of the changes were just boneheaded kneejerk reactions.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 06:47:32 PM

My balanced pre-made the other night got beat by a team of patched-in tanks.  Why have the illusion of the Trinity when you end up not having a need for any kind of synergy?  Makes the runebook and even Masteries near pointless.  Yah yah, it's beta... But I'd say they just gave themselves more work (including serious rebalancing) to do than b4 the last patch. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 06:48:34 PM

My balanced pre-made the other night got beat by a team of patched-in tanks.  Why have the illusion of the Trinity when you end up not having a need for any kind of synergy?  Makes the runebook and even Masteries near pointless.  Yah yah, it's beta... But I'd say they just gave themselves more work (including serious rebalancing) to do than b4 the last patch. 

Odds are they'll balance it by adding another antimage and 3 ranged assassins (haha). Seriously though.
hashmanz
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 06:38:58 PM

Query - is anyone else having trouble logging in today?

It was fine yesterday(about 18 hours ago), today not so good.

After giving the PvP.net client my username/password it shows the 'Retrieving Data from Server' message for the better part of 3 minutes, then gives me a new message saying 'Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server.      Click OK to close the client.'

Did anyelse ever get this type message?

"I take umbrage to your viscious accusation that I am a random flamer! I would have you know that I am decended from a fine pedigree of Haters!" - random flamer.
hashmanz
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 07:20:59 PM

Don't bash the n00b poster - i don't know how to edit a post ACK!

No more problems in logging in, seems to be working fine again.

edit: me an my blind eyes, kept thinking that was a 'Notify' button  awesome, for real Thanks Trippy. Also, the connection problems are back.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 08:14:16 PM by hashmanz »

"I take umbrage to your viscious accusation that I am a random flamer! I would have you know that I am decended from a fine pedigree of Haters!" - random flamer.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 07:30:17 PM

Use the Modify button.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 11:16:24 AM

Been fiddling with Blitzcrank and I honestly sometimes can't figure why the claw grab (ala Pudge) misses.  I know I'm not misclicking, its not hitting a creep and its not a range issue.  I never used Pudge in Dota but is there something beyond accurately clicking on a hero, being in range and not hitting a creep en route?  It seems like there is something else at work here could it be my target lagging?

I really wish there was a goddamn item database somewhere, it makes it annoying to try out new heroes when I can't even look at the items ahead of time.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 11:23:52 AM

The grab claw misses because it doesn't follow the target. It travels in a straight line from the time it fires. So if the target moves, the claw misses. The same thing happens with the new wind elemental user and her tornado, it doesn't home in on the target but rather travels the path it was aimed for initially.

If it is hitting a creep and not picking them up when it clearly should have, then that I don't know about.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 11:27:57 AM

Are you operating under the assumption that if you click on your target then it should automatically grab them?  'Cause that's not how it works.  You have to manually aim it.  So it's like killin' wimmenz and chillenz.  You just have to lead them a little.  It's pretty tricky to get the hang of.  Most people know it's hard to aim, and don't cooperate by standing still.  Assholes, right?  I got soundly ridiculed by random internet dicks.  I was sad.

Fake Edit:  Fuck, I was beaten.

AKA Gyoza
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 11:37:24 AM

I'm talking about more sometimes it just fires not at all where I would have expected it to, like off where I felt I was clicking by a good 30 degrees or more.  I'll pay closer attention and see what I see but if its supposed to be "aimed" that sounds right but I'll need to start actually attempting to lead people and see what I think of it.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 10, 2009, 12:15:44 PM

Janna's (my partner's name btw) tornado is aimed. You click and get the range indicator. It goes in a a direction based on a line between where you were when you clicked and the spot you clicked on, but it may go past where you clicked until it runs out of range.

FWIW I suck horribly at this game. If you see me in a game you're on, definitely get on the other team to assure a win. awesome, for real

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 12:21:53 PM

Janna's (my partner's name btw) tornado is aimed. You click and get the range indicator. It goes in a a direction based on a line between where you were when you clicked and the spot you clicked on, but it may go past where you clicked until it runs out of range.

Right, it doesn't home in on, or follow, the target but rather it travels in a straight line regardless if the target is still there or not. That is how/why the tornado, as well as Blitzcrank's grab move, miss often.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Server Down til 5PM - Reinstall the game or else it won't work - link inside!  
Jump to: