Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:49:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: The Diary of Nythrax Released 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Diary of Nythrax Released  (Read 46927 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: September 01, 2009, 06:59:03 AM

The Diary of Nythrax Released

That's right. The book of the thread of what may be the most incredible playthrough ever of Baldur's Gate has been released. After five editing passes, I'm 100% sure there are still grammatical and spelling errors. That's just how things go when you're so indie you can't afford a UPC code. Anyway, buy the damn thing! Available NOW on Blurb.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 07:02:51 AM

Coupons!

Theoretically free shipping: maccreatefs
Also Theoretically Free Shipping: hpfreeshipping

If one doesn't work, try the other!

Also, There's a $10 off coupon: bridges-donate

I am not sure if that cuts into profits, but whatever, I'd be withholding information if I didn't post it. I do NOT know what the minimum order is to make it work.

Ok, holy crap. That $10 off coupon made a single copy of the softcover only cost shipping. So, uh, yea. Go to town, if it works. It may only work for Authors.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:05:32 AM by schild »
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 07:15:58 AM

Also! For those of you in the EU, Britain, or Australia - it would seem Blurb has fair pricing for you all! Very fair! Maybe they do some stuff locally in those places!
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 04:36:00 PM

I will get this. The first few excerpts I read in the thread were awesome!

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 04:42:33 PM

Ok, holy crap. That $10 off coupon made a single copy of the softcover only cost shipping. So, uh, yea. Go to town, if it works. It may only work for Authors.

"Sorry, this promotion may only be used to order books you've authored."

So yeah, no $10 off. Also "maccreatefs" doesn't work but "hpfreeshipping" does.

Debating between hardcover and cheapcover...

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 07:01:31 PM

Fair pricing my very Italian culo? The "cheapest" shipping option to Italy out of three was 15$. I got it anyway guys, cause that's how much I lub you, but I've been robbed.

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:11:20 PM

Well, at least the books were a reasonable price for Europe, right? And frankly, you knew shipping to Italy would be a nightmare. Didn't you make a thread or derail one into a discussion about how your mail system is easily the worst in the world?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 09:15:33 PM

That's a shame if it's $15 AFTER coupon for shipping. Pretty sure I could use USPS and get it to you for much cheaper. It would have to be cheaper than shipping to AUS, which was way less than I would have thought.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 12:41:28 AM

It just sucks to pay 29 dollars (with tax) when the book is 12. But yes, I know, and I'm happy about the book anyway.

Jerrith
Developers

Trion

Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 06:28:02 AM

Bought. :)  Let us know how it goes - is a book like this going to be able to cover a significant chunk of f13's hosting costs?
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 07:03:15 AM

Bought. :)  Let us know how it goes - is a book like this going to be able to cover a significant chunk of f13's hosting costs?
Nah, probably not, but it was worth putting to paper.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 07:32:58 AM

I'd say you should donate one to the library, but my fiancee is the fiction librarian and when I told her about it, she just gave me the evil eye.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 01:52:43 AM

Your library can't afford a single copy of a book?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 07:02:18 AM

If we wouldn't add it for free, why would we buy it? We generally only add self-published books from local authors.

Also, no we really have shit for a budget after being cut for every year since before I started working here, now we mostly cover the bestsellers and don't really get enough copies of those.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 12:20:01 AM

Schild thanks you for paying his monthly bills selling something someone else wrote, and for keeping his Macaroni and Cheese supply intact.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 12:23:04 AM

Schild thanks you for paying his monthly bills selling something someone else wrote, and for keeping his Macaroni and Cheese supply intact.
What?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 02:22:00 PM

I bought it because f13 makes my life slightly better, and I support things that make my life slightly better. If Schild needs mac n cheese to keep it working like this, fine by me.

Also, one day his ass will be famous and I'll have a million dollar worth mint hardcopy of his first exploit.

schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 03:34:34 PM

You don't need a reason to buy it. I'm in a fine financial situation, Taolurker is just a terrible, terrible troll who really has no place on the internet to call home so he's taking his fat aggression out on me.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 05:13:56 PM

I thinks it's more like someone can't take a joke, and how drunken late night comedy musings touch nerves in some people.

I noticed the price was super cheap and actually was poking fun at how little profit you (and WUA) were potentially making from the book, and drunkenly posted the question I was restraining as an offhanded jibe.

/shrug

whatever

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 05:43:37 PM

Quote from: Taolurker
I was an asshole last night but I'm not willing to admit it so I'll pretend I was making a joke.

That's what I read and I accept your apology. People who say too much with too little thinking when they're drunk shouldn't be allowed near the internet, but sometimes - and I realize this, the neckbands we've put in place just don't work. Next time I'll authorize the mods to shoot on sight.
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 01:02:17 PM

So Schild is actually Arnold? That explains alot.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 01:16:10 AM

Quote from: Taolurker
I was an asshole last night but I'm not willing to admit it so I'll pretend I was making a joke.

That's what I read and I accept your apology. People who say too much with too little thinking when they're drunk shouldn't be allowed near the internet, but sometimes - and I realize this, the neckbands we've put in place just don't work. Next time I'll authorize the mods to shoot on sight.

nono.

Do the "make the wrong move..." routine instead.

why so serious?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 01:38:46 AM

Well I've ordered  the hardback copy. Shipping cost as much as the book itself as I went for non "guy with a canoe rowing across the Atlantic" delivery.

Hang on I just paid €46 for a book. Ahh well at least the site is making less money out of this purchase  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 12:10:17 AM

For some reason Blurb off-centered the front cover. Everything is still aligned, and somehow off center. I don't understand how this happened. I'm going to try and fix it after I get all my copies, I'm not sure if it's fixable though. This only effects the front cover, hence why I can't figure out how it happened.

Edit: On that note, my copies will be here Friday.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:12:48 AM by schild »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 08:53:58 AM

Misprints are great collectors' items.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 08:58:18 AM

These would qualify as misprints since I'm still trying to figure out wtf.
schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 10:18:00 AM

So, I got my copies in. The softback ones are fine. No offsetting, or no noticeable offsetting. It's only the hardback. There's something about the binding and the layouts. I don't know. I don't know if I'll be able to fix it. The hardback is still a lot nicer as a keepsake or whatever but the softback is more correct for the layout. Meh. I don't think it's fixable atm. Apologies to all who are as anal retentive as me. But at least you don't have 6 copies sitting on your shelf if you're upset about it.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 10:59:06 AM

I shall be calling my laywers forthwith, sirrah!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Seriously, dont worry about it shild. I'll be happy with my copy regardless.

Hic sunt dracones.
Jerrith
Developers

Trion

Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 07:08:53 PM

Mine (hardcover) arrived today too. :)  I hadn't noticed it was off center, but after reading it here, I checked, and sure enough, it is.  Not a big deal to me, going to bring it in to work on Monday. :)

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 01:10:05 PM

awesome, for real

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 02:53:22 AM

Just received my very expensive copy. It's indeed some kind of beautiful. I am extremely satisfied and unreasonably proud.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 03:52:58 PM

Literally just received my copy. You would have to look really really hard to notice its off center, if at all. Looks really good. Looking forward to reading it on the website...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Seriously, nice work guys.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: The Diary of Nythrax Released  
Jump to: