Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:17:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Fall From Heaven: Goblin Empire 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fall From Heaven: Goblin Empire  (Read 5866 times)
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

on: August 29, 2009, 02:00:20 PM

Kay I'm gonna try one. This started when I tried the harder difficulties of Fall From Heaven, and found the results much more interesting than easy mode. This may very well go nowhere, or it may be awesome! I haven't done a game journal in years, so it may also suck.

---

And so Sheelba the Hot Female Orc started her campaign of global domination with a settler, an orc warrior, and a goblin scout, all gathered around a pasture of stinky wild cows. There was also a goblin fort nearby, and several random goblins were wandering about too. They weren't my goblins, but they didn't attack me, so I didn't bother them. Maybe they'll come in handy later on.

Looking to the west, we found a delightful babbling brook, and set down stakes there. We called it Braduk the Burning, I think named after the Holy City of Braduk, burned in the fires of the goddess Bhall as she fell from Heaven.

And we were off! We declared ourselves a Nationhood, which meant that military would come faster, and set out to research Ancient Chants. I figured spiritual reflection would well complement our warlike ways. Braduk started cranking out troops, and by cranking out I mean slowly building one orc warrior over the course of several months.

The other warrior and the scout went off exploring. The river valley proved to be rich in resources, in addition to our filthy cows; rice, silk, sugar, and a big chunk of mana which we would use later for FIRE. To the East, we found the coastline, and a charming village of natives. The goblin scout shook his spear at them, and they wisely gave us all their money.

To the west, we found a wandering elephant, that just seemed to wander around. There was also another village!

We snuck past the elephant, who didn't care much for us anyway. Perhaps we could tame it later. After a few quick threats from the orc warrior, the peaceful villagers gave us their money, too.

And then the scouts to the east found a griffon, who was a bit crankier than the solemn elephant. And the scouts died.

But that's okay, because my warriors were done training in Braduk. And more random goblins were found wandering about. Well, those warriors stepped out to the nearby goblin fort, which was willing to hire out its troops. We hired even more goblins, a formidable army, determined to kill the nasty griffon.

Unfortunately the griffon caught us first. After a quick battle, the new Bradukan warriors died, but the griffon flew away wounded. We hired MORE goblins! We were broke, but also bloodthirsty, and set out to kill the damn thing. We found the griffon by the shore. Still wounded.

Stabbity stab stab! went our last remaining goblin scout.

Victory!

The wounded but triumphant goblin scout went home to rest, while the others went out to explore. Ancient Chants was done, which allowed us to erect monuments to our awesome gods. It seems we're at the northeastern corner of the world. Easily defended. I sent my intrepid explorers southeast to see what lies beyond the horizon. Our shamans are researching Mysticism. More goblins were hired at the fort. We feel the blood of our goddess Bhall boiling inside us! Clothed in the skins of the conquered griffon, we stood on the hills looking to the horizon. What will we find?

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 08:35:22 PM

I'm watching -- I'm now in FFH2 rehab.  Goblin is from Ashen or what race?
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 01:21:42 PM

Watching +1

Just make sure to add lots of gratuitious random RP'ing and it should be awesome FFH is deep and full of yummy stuff.  I liked the bit about wearing the griffon's skin.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 04:15:06 PM

Now I can't wait to build the work/gaming machine -- I can get Civ4 and the FFH mods and never get anything done!

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 04:38:35 PM

Clan of Embers. It turned out to be really boring, with "And then I made another town, and then I traded stuff, and then I made some more troops." I'll give it another go over the next couple days and see if something more exciting happens.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 10:45:52 AM

Clan of Embers. It turned out to be really boring, with "And then I made another town, and then I traded stuff, and then I made some more troops." I'll give it another go over the next couple days and see if something more exciting happens.

Ya, maybe just wait until you start blowing shit up for something exciting to happen.

Never could get the goblins to go for me, as I get a little overwhelmed with the crazy amounts of troop micro needed.

I'm much more of a culture win guy.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 01:03:01 PM

how do you win by culture?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 06:57:52 PM

I'm not sure it's possible in FFH, but in vanialla Civ3 and 4 if you've got 3 cities at "Legendary" status  (Normal speed requires 3 cities with 50K culture, epic 75K, marathon 150K and quick speed requires 3 with 25K.) then you get a cultural victory.  The theory being that you're the guy the whole/ majority of the world looks to for its own identity.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 12:12:52 PM

yeah you can win with culture in FFH2 -- AI opponents get me some time that way.  Still curious, since I thought you had to send missionaries or something.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Fall From Heaven: Goblin Empire  
Jump to: