Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Merchandising! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merchandising!  (Read 2110 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

on: August 22, 2009, 02:03:28 PM

I started this to mention one product, but since Blizzard is ever-expanding their merchandising, may as well talk about whatever products are out there.

The one I just saw on the DirecTV feed was called "Hero Prints"   They're previewing the service at Blizzcon, and the website isn't up yet. What it will be is 27x48 posters of your character pulled from the armory.  The item they previewed looked a lot like the signature images you see with characters on it, but using a Stormwind canal district background shot instead of "Here are my uber stats/ guild"   The company rep said they were selling for about $25 apiece.   

Seems like a brilliant alternative to the figure prints so many people like but aren't willing to drop $130 on.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 02:19:34 PM

Are they using in-game models for the look, or do they get a few more 'polys' in the print?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 02:59:57 PM

The feed's only ~600x800 so I couldn't tell precisely but I think it's just in-game models with bloom, etc.  Looked about like what you see in the model viewers vs in-game.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 04:33:24 PM

No WoW-branded flamethrowers?  Not interested.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Merchandising!  
Jump to: