Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:24:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Just when you thought you were out... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just when you thought you were out...  (Read 7566 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: August 18, 2009, 11:31:58 AM

Brett Farve is back yet again .

Other than John Madden having a mangasm, who isn't sick to death about this drama queen?

Helicopters following the black SUV he was riding in to Viking's camp.  Really?

While i am not a Packers nor Vikings fan, part of me really hope he completely sucks this year and keeps the Vikings from even reaching the playoffs just as payback for all the media coverage I had to listen to about him for the past 3+ years.

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 11:34:15 AM

Even if he's mediocre, the Vikings will be better because of him.  Adrian Peterson will open up the game for Brett so much that he just needs to not make seriously stupid decisions and he'll be in the top half of the NFL QB's stat wise. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 11:53:31 AM

I used to love Brett Favre. The past 3-4 years have completely changed my opinion of him to the point that I am actively rooting for a career-ending injury. Seriously, fuck him.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 12:14:23 PM

I used to love Brett Favre. The past 3-4 years have completely changed my opinion of him to the point that I am actively rooting for a career-ending injury. Seriously, fuck him.

^THIS ^. Totally tired of this shit. Signing for the Vikes just to piss off the Packers' GM is serious drama queening, especially after he already said he wouldn't. FUCK HIM.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 12:21:16 PM

Even if he's mediocre, the Vikings will be better because of him.  Adrian Peterson will open up the game for Brett so much that he just needs to not make seriously stupid decisions and he'll be in the top half of the NFL QB's stat wise. 

Trent Dilfer could lead this team to the NFC championship.  This is a scary good team in every aspect except the receiving corp.  Still, those humps should be able to do something with single coverage every time.  Funny stats they posted: Vikes QB last year had better stats than Favre in every area except completion percentage.

Glad this retirement only lasted 3 weeks. 

Heh, he gets to play in a Dome for 8 games.  There are no excuses this year. 

I hope the fucker gets Theisman'd.

-Rasix
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 12:40:10 PM

Helicopters following the black SUV he was riding in to Viking's camp.  Really?

There better not have been. I'll kill everyone.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 02:37:13 PM

Favre's own mother thinks this is a bad idea. I mean damn. Anybody who comes back from retirement now will be known as "pulling a Favre."

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 06:22:27 PM

As a Packers fan and longtime Favre supporter, this is totally bleh.

I have not really followed the team (or any football at all) since his last game as a Packer but this constant media circus back and forth shit is annoying if only because it really lowers everyone's view on what was one of the greatest careers in Football. The guy had broken almost every passing record there was, had never missed a start in 16 seasons, won a Superbowl. Sigh.

I will find it more than mildly funny when he sucks ass in home games and Vikings fans scratch their heads.....dude always played the worst in domes. I always dreaded when the Packers travelled indoors because he would invariably do something boneheaded.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 06:29:17 PM

So basically he has to morph into a different player.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 08:31:32 AM

Its comical but I can understand the feeling of not wanting to let go. You're good at this thing. You live and breathe this thing. Doing something else instead is not an easy move to make. Either way, he should let go. There's no doubting that.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 09:13:10 AM

He's now a Viking, and it still feels like the only reason he's playing is to piss off the Packers' organization. He can go fuck himself.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 09:14:18 AM

Yeah. But there weren't really helicopters following his SUV, right?

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 09:15:51 AM

He's now a Viking, and it still feels like the only reason he's playing is to piss off the Packers' organization. He can go fuck himself.

From what I understand, the Vikings called him. It doesn't seem to me that he's in it to piss off the Packers. His reasons for playing are selfish in other ways. Namely, he can't let go.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 09:18:07 AM

He was trying to get himself trading to the Vikings before last season, but the Packers balked. They refused to trade him to a division rival, which is why he went to New York. Once the Jets released him, he was free to pick his team and what a surprise, he picked the Vikings.

WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 09:34:14 AM

Its comical but I can understand the feeling of not wanting to let go. You're good at this thing. You live and breathe this thing. Doing something else instead is not an easy move to make. Either way, he should let go. There's no doubting that.

If he wouldn't have done the whole retirement bullshit the past 3 seasons I would have no problem with him continuing to play. It is the prima donna princess who needs to be wooed shit that sickens me. Play as long as your body and your mind allow; just don't make a circus out of it every year. Mats Sundin is doing the same shit in hockey, and he needs to go fuck himself just like Favre.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 10:14:56 AM

For what it's worth, Matt Schlereth went on a negative tirade against Brett last night on NFL Live.  Even the school girl crushes got sick of this act.

-Rasix
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 08:15:41 AM

Soooo... hands up who wants to reiterate their positions here?  awesome, for real

Yes, I noted this thread when I read it for later resurrection.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
WayAbvPar

Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 09:18:47 AM

Still a cunt.

Rasix

Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 09:19:36 AM

Yah, I don't see how any of my points are suddenly invalid.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 09:37:13 AM

Yep, nothing I said has changed. I still think he's a fuckhead for coming back specifically to play for the Vikings. The only thing I've changed my opinion on is the Vikes receviers - Harvin seems to be the real deal. The rest aren't great, but they've certainly been made better by having a guy who can throw the fucking ball.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 09:41:36 AM

Yep, nothing I said has changed. I still think he's a fuckhead for coming back specifically to play for the Vikings. The only thing I've changed my opinion on is the Vikes receviers - Harvin seems to be the real deal. The rest aren't great, but they've certainly been made better by having a guy who can throw the fucking ball.

While I would call Rice "great" he seems to at least be "very good".

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rasix

Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 10:23:44 AM

He's tall, he gets open, and he doesn't seem to drop a lot of balls.  Winning formula.

Guy may have established himself as a real #1.  Single coverage, again, helps.  And we'll have to see how he does when a top QB isn't throwing to him. 

-Rasix
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 01:23:56 PM

I didn't mean any of the things you all said were somehow proved wrong (they were mainly just ill-wishes, not predictions).  I more meant that I was amused that he'd failed only to do what everyone here wanted him to (fail, get his leg broken, burst into flames etc).  Even if the team were to fail now he's had a cracking season.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 01:28:44 PM

As a Vikings fan and a Favre fan, this was an awesome season for me.   awesome, for real
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Just when you thought you were out...  
Jump to: