Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:45:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Crusaders Coliseum aka Purple Rain 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crusaders Coliseum aka Purple Rain  (Read 21360 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #70 on: August 12, 2009, 04:43:29 PM

We do have to carry some people but that only drives me a little crazy most days.  why so serious?

Some of us read this site too, you know!  Cry

C'mon, you know I was talking about Fordel.

Also FUCK YOU PROUDFT

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 12, 2009, 04:52:43 PM

Obvious Slander!

Everyone knows I don't even go to Raids.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: August 12, 2009, 04:57:23 PM

BOOSH, HEROISM!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: August 12, 2009, 06:51:31 PM

We all know she means my early aggro pulling ways.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 12, 2009, 07:25:22 PM

We all know she means my early aggro pulling ways.

"but it was just a debuff!  cry "

How long have you been playing this game!  Shaking fist

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #75 on: August 12, 2009, 07:54:19 PM

Get a room.  All of you.   why so serious?

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #76 on: August 12, 2009, 09:21:51 PM

If only our guild line was this lovey.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #77 on: August 12, 2009, 09:26:20 PM

Oh I'm sure he's already got his cursor hovering over the transfer button, or eagerly awaiting the paid faction switch.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: August 12, 2009, 10:48:00 PM

If only our guild line was this lovey.

Sometimes it gets lovey-er than this!

At which point everyone stares at the screen and likes to pretend it didn't happen.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: August 18, 2009, 10:41:27 AM

Raiding has become schizoprhenic. It's got the hardcore content mentality, but after the serious raid guilds are done with it, Blizz wants the casuals to be able to "leapfrog" and get caught up in gear for the next dungeon/event/whatever.

It feels like the hardore/serious/casual gap is closing fast, and Blizz is constantly band-aiding it now.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: August 18, 2009, 10:51:32 AM

Raiding has become schizoprhenic. It's got the hardcore content mentality, but after the serious raid guilds are done with it, Blizz wants the casuals to be able to "leapfrog" and get caught up in gear for the next dungeon/event/whatever.

It feels like the hardore/serious/casual gap is closing fast, and Blizz is constantly band-aiding it now.

The leapfrogging has less to do with anything being off as much as trying to make new content accessable. This patch was a gap closer (and alt-gearer) for the next raid content patch. Because they've moved well beyond the idea of making raiding a linear progression, because it just doesn't Work. If you keep adding raids with new tiers and no fast way for people to catch up, you wind up with all the guilds running Tier 10 content, and a mess of 80s who would like to do so having a bitch of a time getting farm raids for Tier 7, 8, and 9. It's far easier every raid or two to introduce a method of baselining the playerbase to the point of being able to do new and upcoming content without beating nails into their balls for six to eight months.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #81 on: August 18, 2009, 11:14:53 AM

If you keep adding raids with new tiers and no fast way for people to catch up, you wind up with all the guilds running Tier 10 content, and a mess of 80s who would like to do so having a bitch of a time getting farm raids for Tier 7, 8, and 9. It's far easier every raid or two to introduce a method of baselining the playerbase to the point of being able to do new and upcoming content without beating nails into their balls for six to eight months.

Additionally, the hardcorest guilds lose a few people to attrition and suddenly all they can do are poach players from competing guilds or go on candy runs to gear up new 80s or alts, which might just as easily disappear rather than end up being solid raiders.  And meanwhile they can't run what they really want due to a lack of highly geared players.

Witty banter not included.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: August 18, 2009, 01:18:12 PM

Yeah, but then you get a situation like mine where I lost interest in gearing up in Ulduar because I knew the gear was going to be made welfare along with the next tier of content.

Not that I have a better solution. I just point and go "lol mudflation".

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #83 on: August 18, 2009, 02:44:16 PM

I think it's actually better that way. If I don't like an iteration of content (like Ulduar), then I don't have to bother running it into the ground so I can do the next set of stuff (like Crusader). So far I'm having 10x the amount of fun in the Trials than I ever had in Ulduar.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: August 18, 2009, 02:57:19 PM

If you keep adding raids with new tiers and no fast way for people to catch up, you wind up with all the guilds running Tier 10 content, and a mess of 80s who would like to do so having a bitch of a time getting farm raids for Tier 7, 8, and 9. It's far easier every raid or two to introduce a method of baselining the playerbase to the point of being able to do new and upcoming content without beating nails into their balls for six to eight months.

Additionally, the hardcorest guilds lose a few people to attrition and suddenly all they can do are poach players from competing guilds or go on candy runs to gear up new 80s or alts, which might just as easily disappear rather than end up being solid raiders.  And meanwhile they can't run what they really want due to a lack of highly geared players.

Yeah, this basically killed TBC for me.  Was having a good time raiding and progressing through T5 in a fun and skilled guild, which happened to be the 2nd most progressed Alliance guild on my server at the time.  Then not long after we hit the Lady Vashj & Kael checkpoint the top guild on the server begins poaching key members, like our Warlock tank who had been given priority on T5 gear.  Progression then grinds to a halt while we try to find and gear up replacements which are few and far between.  Apparently the top guild is full of jerks who have a hard time getting people to put up with them for long periods as the poaching becomes a vicious continuous cycle.  After weeks/months of being used as a stepping stone that only exists to gear people up for the top guild more and more core guild members stop playing in disgust or re-roll/transfer.  I stuck it out longer than I should have but left before the eventual implosion.  After that burnout I was basically done with the game until WAR went full retard and I decided to come back and play with RL friends in WoTLK.

I'll take mudflation and any other side effects of increased accessibility / gear resets if it helps prevent situations like that from reoccurring in any possible way.

Yeah, but then you get a situation like mine where I lost interest in gearing up in Ulduar because I knew the gear was going to be made welfare along with the next tier of content.

Not that I have a better solution. I just point and go "lol mudflation".

I haven't lost interest at all since "lol badges" is only going to provide you with T8 equivalent gear for at best 5 or 6 of your 16/17 gear slots, and not at a fast pace either unless your planning to run heroics everyday/Naxx till your eyes bleed.  Not to mention other than the T8 helm and chest, nothing you can get with badges is really best in slot type items, or that you can't get weapons from badges.  I highly doubt crafted/argent tourney/Naxx(10) weapons are gonna carry you through Crusaders Coliseum and into Icecrown Citadel.

I just look at it as a nice way to help ungimp yourself anywhere the loot gods and RNG have let you down as well as gear up alts you may want to raid with.  I should probably mention I have no problem with "brute forcing" content through mudflation if it means actually getting to see it with friends while having fun.   awesome, for real
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #85 on: August 18, 2009, 04:13:28 PM

I've been healing ToC with my druid in the hopes to make his heal suit not total shit. What I have wound up with so far is a great feral suit.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS Happily, his "real" spec is bear tank so I don't really mind.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: August 18, 2009, 04:24:38 PM

Seriously, all our druids have full feral suits now it seems.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: August 18, 2009, 05:50:14 PM

I don't. sad

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: August 18, 2009, 05:57:46 PM

I don't. sad

You aren't even big enough to go inside the place yet!

Your own fault!  Raspberry

Frax
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: August 20, 2009, 01:28:47 PM

It's nothing new, they did the same thing with PVP gear IIRC a short while before TBC came out.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #90 on: August 22, 2009, 11:55:52 PM

Our guild is a lot like K9's. We raid twice a week for a couple of hours (usually), but we have plenty of people who don't/can't raid and it never occured to me that was bad. Raiding is more like another thing to do with guildies than THE TRUE PURPOSE OF TEH GUILD or whatever. We do have to carry some people but that only drives me a little crazy most days.  why so serious?

I wish you people were on our server. And played in our timezone-times.

I might not have quit wow back in Jan.
 Sad Panda

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: August 23, 2009, 01:07:41 AM

You could play with our Crazy Shaman that stays awake for 3 days then sleeps for a entire day.

He would really appreciate the company, he gets lonely   cry

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Crusaders Coliseum aka Purple Rain  
Jump to: