Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:17:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: PvP restriction lifted 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PvP restriction lifted  (Read 3384 times)
fuser
Terracotta Army

on: August 05, 2009, 07:30:21 AM

To prepare for this new service, we've removed the restriction that prevents players from creating both Horde and Alliance characters on a PvP realm.

So factions really have no purpose now. It's live I just did it on a PvP server, also just made a new horde DK with all my alliance characters. God the griefing now in general/trade.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 07:36:07 AM by fuser »
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 07:35:51 AM

Excellent, now I can transfer my giant pile of gold anywhere I want!
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 08:02:08 AM

Did they also lower the goblin's fees? Those cuts were outrageous.

Wonder if they'll finally roll out a server where you can communicate with the other faction.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 08:05:02 AM

I'm sad to see this go as an old-schooler.  I do see the sense though.  In a game where you can't capture anything, world PvP never became anything besides an annoyance at worst, so spying and betrayal is pretty much a non-issue.

This might help with BG queues, since if the Alliance is having problems, you can flip over to your Horde character.  At the same time it might highlight balance issues in BGs since everyone will play their winning-side character if it really is hopeless for one side or the other.

Witty banter not included.
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 09:38:25 AM

Did they also lower the goblin's fees? Those cuts were outrageous.

Wonder if they'll finally roll out a server where you can communicate with the other faction.

I'm pretty sure they've made it so you can't transfer gold to yourself via the neutral auction house anymore.  I have both horde and ally characters on a PvE server and tried to transfer gold via the neutral AH a few weeks ago, when I tried to buy the random item I put up for sale with my character on the opposite faction I got a message along the lines of "Can't purchase items posted by the same account" or something along those lines.

So basically you will need a trusted friend or 2nd account if you want to transfer gold or items from one faction to the other.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 09:53:13 AM

Maybe it's in preparation for adding Goblins and Worgen and allowing players of any race be either faction.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 11:22:52 AM

Maybe it's in preparation for adding Goblins and Worgen and allowing players of any race be either faction.

That won't happen.  See all the "silhouette" talk.

Witty banter not included.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 11:35:41 AM

I bet people used to say that about allowing one account both factions on a single PvP server.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 11:45:57 AM

That won't happen.  See all the "silhouette" talk.

They'll just fix that by giving the Horde goblins/worgen horns and the Alliance ones cute little collars.

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 11:56:07 AM

To prepare for this new service, we've removed the restriction that prevents players from creating both Horde and Alliance characters on a PvP realm.

So factions really have no purpose now.

When you start queueing in BGs and engaging in world PVP against other teams from your own faction, maybe.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 12:24:08 AM

World PVP and BGs haven't mattered in WoW in a long time.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: PvP restriction lifted  
Jump to: