Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009/2010 Football (Soccer) Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009/2010 Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 114105 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #455 on: April 06, 2010, 01:45:41 PM

^^^^^^^
Posted after his first goal. Holy shit.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #456 on: April 06, 2010, 05:52:01 PM

Ya, he's slightly impressive.  awesome, for real

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: April 07, 2010, 06:02:49 PM

LOL Fulham. England's Last Best Hope in Europe awesome, for real
WayAbvPar

Reply #458 on: April 07, 2010, 08:46:33 PM

Carrick should have been wearing clownshoes most of the match. And I am pretty sure no one will ever find Rafael's body where Fergie hides it. What a fucking moron.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: April 08, 2010, 02:52:45 AM

Carrick was the main culprit god he was terrible, rafael was playing out of his skin  and i reckon he didn deserve the second yellow was totally innocuos challenge, ref bottled it 

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #460 on: April 08, 2010, 08:57:45 AM

His first yellow was totally and completely his own petulant fault. The 2nd was soft, but having already taken the first he can't make that kind of challenge. He played very well going forward but wasn't a lot of help in his own half, at least that I noticed.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: April 08, 2010, 11:04:45 AM

His first yeh no question, but the second was ridiculous. Rafael momentarily tugged Ribery's shoulder to try and gain ground on him and then let go, in turn Ribery made an angry and petulant lunge into the young guy and then called foul play, ref was easily duped and the whole gameplan went out the window thanks to the moment of insanity. All I can be thankful for is we would likely have been trounced by Barca and Robbens goal was in fact a screamer.

But I'm gutted, having been robbed by the officials in the two most important games of the season so far.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #462 on: April 08, 2010, 12:20:00 PM

He pulled on Ribery's shoulder from behind, impeding his advancement of the play. Gary Neville's evil uglier twin made a meal out of it, but Rafael can't allow the question to be asked of the official. He was all over the map on calls all day long, and you can't give him the opportunity to show you another yellow. I think it was a terribly soft call, but I think Rafael's judgment was worse than the call.

I don't think the official necessarily cost them the game. The Chelsea game, on the other hand...Jesus. How Mike Dean isn't busted down to reffing in the park by now is beyond me. The guy is fucking clueless.

Fake edit- went to double check that it was in fact Dean as I remembered, and found this. So he is on the way to the park, it seems. One game too late  Mob

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: April 08, 2010, 12:44:33 PM

Bullshit, you don't get cards for tugging a players shoulder on the half way line. If you did every game would finish with five players on each team. If he was persistently doing it, which he wasn't, ref has a quiet word and gives a warning doesn't just jump to his pocket.

I reckon what happened is the ref went to book him and then realised after it was his second so had to send him off.

WayAbvPar

Reply #464 on: April 08, 2010, 01:36:40 PM

I see people booked for that all the time, although it is usually a hell of a lot closer to the goal. However, it looked more like the Bayern players railroaded the ref into the card- he didn't whip it out initially. That is my biggest complaint. That and the fact that Rafael can't let himself be in that position. He was straying too far forward, and was desperate to get back in time (so we didn't have to watch Carrick get abused in the area in his place again  Ohhhhh, I see. ).

I agree that is was soft and that the yellow was way overboard, but Rafael has his share of the blame, both for his utter stupidity in the first half (he was absolutely right that he was fouled, but he can't retaliate), and for not bring more cautious after being cautioned  Ohhhhh, I see. . You see refs all over look past relatively minor offfenses when someone has been booked, because sending someone off (especially with 35 minutes left in the game!) is a huge, game-changing event, and MOST refs want to be sure they are completely justified.

Now- how do we get Chelsea to spit the bit at this late stage?

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: April 08, 2010, 02:21:10 PM

You're right though Rafael is overexuberant and inexperienced. He likes to try and nip in and intercept passes, which leaves him trailing back if he fails, he generally has the pace to get away with it but not against Ribery or similar. He's young and he has huge potential I don't think he should be too down on himself, he played a great game up til then which I guess is why I feel sorry for him.

Now- how do we get Chelsea to spit the bit at this late stage?

We don't we're fucked, I reckon no trophies for us this season Ohhhhh, I see.

What really fucked us up this season was the Fulham & Villa losses and the glut of defenders we had injured around that time, I knew that would come back to haunt us.

But we do have some exciting prospects to look forward to next season. Nani & Fletcher are getting better all the time, Rafael's a promising talent. Valencia was man of the match against Bayern, De Michelis couldn't cope and Rooney is proving he's better than Ronaldo up front. Our glaring weakness is a world class midfielder, Gibson maybe? who knows. I reckon we need to sign someone who can play in the hole behind Rooney and deliver, I've totally lost faith in Berbatov (I guess Sigil was right, yes you can say I told you so now).

WayAbvPar

Reply #466 on: April 08, 2010, 02:33:53 PM

Nani is starting to grow on me. He has been infuriating for years, but all his little tricks and feints are starting to pay off. His first goal was just sick. As for Valencia- why do defenders not just take away his right foot? He fakes left, fakes left, fakes left and goes right. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. and still gets away with it.

As for the rest of midfield, maybe Hargreaves?  Ohhhhh, I see.

I wish the Glazers would fuck off so the club could get its debt under control and be in a position to buy a couple of players.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: April 08, 2010, 02:57:57 PM

I've always reckoned Nani deserved a chance, after all Ronaldo was equally infuriating for his first two seasons. But we'll see if he can maintain it, he's got amazing ability.

As for Valencia- why do defenders not just take away his right foot? He fakes left, fakes left, fakes left and goes right. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. and still gets away with it.

Haha, too true awesome, for real

EDIT: He has always reminded me of Andrej Kanchelskis, now I have figured out why. If my memory serves me he used to do the same thing.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 03:02:15 PM by Amarr HM »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #468 on: April 08, 2010, 08:53:52 PM

I wish the Glazers would fuck off so the club could get its debt under control and be in a position to buy a couple of players.

I'll trade you Hicks and Gillette for the Glazers. World class assholes they are, but at least they had the balls to pay for a second striker (and a third in Owen) when Rooney goes down, and that's with like 3 times the debt Liverpool has.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: April 14, 2010, 02:10:57 PM

One of the three is Tottenham. I'm pretty sure they'll find a way to fuck it up. I'm just waiting on it to happen. I say this as a Spurs fan,  where the unofficial motto is, "This is why we can't have nice things"

Fuck you Spurs.

Fuck. You.

*looks at the TV, sees 3-0 Citeh before  the what, the sixth minute?*

Motherfuck you Spurs.

And today is why I haven't given up. Fucking glorious.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: April 16, 2010, 09:54:24 AM

Hey look good news for Liverpool.

Now if only the Glazers would do the same.

WayAbvPar

Reply #471 on: April 16, 2010, 10:18:21 AM

Lucky scouser bastards! I was reading yesterday that Barclay's was in the middle of the negotiations to try to get H&G to sell. Maybe they will do the same for Man Utd to help protect their 'brand'.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: April 17, 2010, 07:13:05 AM

Another exciting finish for the United scrapbook & at least we fucked over City twice this season awesome, for real

WayAbvPar

Reply #473 on: April 17, 2010, 10:11:20 PM

Another exciting finish for the United scrapbook & at least we fucked over City twice this season awesome, for real
God I love that Ginger bastard. And thanks, Spurs!

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: April 18, 2010, 08:09:14 AM

Sorry, was too busy dancing after that total domination of Chelsea. If only Spurs could have finished better. I'm really looking forward to the game at Old Trafford. 

And wow, Arsenal, trying to give Spurs a sniff at third are you?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #475 on: April 18, 2010, 12:28:40 PM

I officially hate Tom Hicks.

He wants 3 times what they paid for Liverpool, despite saddling the club with huge debts, half-assing the transfers, not even breaking ground on the stadium and leashing the club's fortunes to a manager who has likely led them out of Europe and is what, 3-4 years removed from any silverware whatsoever? What a cunt.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: April 18, 2010, 02:30:07 PM

yep he's a a douche

I should stick this in the MLS thread... but how about Edson Buddle to South Africa?  awesome, for real
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: April 19, 2010, 11:00:06 AM

Sorry, was too busy dancing after that total domination of Chelsea. If only Spurs could have finished better. I'm really looking forward to the game at Old Trafford. 

And wow, Arsenal, trying to give Spurs a sniff at third are you?

What a week!  Bale is my new hero.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #478 on: April 20, 2010, 07:20:41 AM

Liverpool could not have looked more comatose against West Ham last night if they'd been dosed with Roofies and dropped from a very great height. They were absolutely catatonic - yet still managed to beat West Ham 3-0. The game was fucking boring. West Ham camped at the 50-yard line and any service into the box could have been delivered better by a paraplegic. How the fuck is West Ham not wallowing the mire with Pompey? Oh right, because the management position at Hull apparently renders perfectly sane managers with temporary retardation that causes them to think guys like Craig Fagan are automatic first 11 picks.

If Liverpool can't muster any more enthusiasm than they showed last night on Thursday, it's going to be a long two-leg affair.

WayAbvPar

Reply #479 on: April 20, 2010, 09:07:52 AM

As long as they find a way to drub Chelsea for the good of everything that is holy then they will be forgiven. At least until next season.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #480 on: April 20, 2010, 01:13:17 PM

At this point, they HAVE to beat Chelsea and everyone else they play to even have the faintest glimmer at 4th. Even if they do, I don't think they'll get 4th because I don't see Spurs and City losing enough of their remaining games. And without Torres for the rest of the season, I don't think we can beat Fulham, Hamburg or Atletico Madrid to win UEFA Cup. N'gog certainly has some potential, but no way do I have any confidence he can score consistently.

WayAbvPar

Reply #481 on: April 22, 2010, 08:49:41 PM

I am sure tired of having to bitch about officiating in every sports thread, but jesus fuck MLS.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: April 24, 2010, 09:22:02 AM

Luckily for us Spurs didn't play as well as they have been playing of late, Bale was definitely out of sorts left back and made more of an impact when pushed forward. Looking at the bench though Spurs have a pretty decent squad for a change, puts Liverpools to shame.

That was a massive victory for United and there is an outside chance we can nick this now, although I think it's unlikely still. The ref was fairly decent today for a change and I think both penalties shouts were spot on. On a sidenote if John Terry played for Spurs and had committed them, they wouldn't have been given.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #483 on: April 24, 2010, 05:51:49 PM

Fucking worthless Liverpool better at least tie at Anfield versus Chelsea.

Hull going down, only 1 goal scored, straight red to Jozy for pulling a Zizzou?  Jesus, what a fucking mess and not what I prayed we would see from him this season going into the World Cup.

I really want to watch the Citeh v Spurs game, hope its winner gets fourth place though Citeh can't sleep on the AV game on Wednesday.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: April 24, 2010, 05:53:09 PM

Hull going down, only 1 goal scored, straight red to Jozy for pulling a Zizzou? 

I missed this, did he headbutt someone?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #485 on: April 25, 2010, 12:14:20 AM

Altidore headbutted a guy, though it didn't look like he was really trying to headbutt so much as he lost control. Having seen him play with Hull a number of times, his performance hasn't been bad - he's had fuckall for service and the team around him has been crap. Phil Brown insisted on playing complete duds all season - Dowie didn't do much better. The game with Sunderland today was just fucking awful. Sunderland should have won by at least 3 goals, Bullard couldn't complete a pass or make a penalty shot. Horrible football.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: April 26, 2010, 06:35:28 PM

I am sure tired of having to bitch about officiating in every sports thread, but jesus fuck MLS.

LOL don't think bad calls had anything  to do with the beatdown the Reds put on your boys.  awesome, for real

WayAbvPar

Reply #487 on: April 27, 2010, 08:45:20 AM

No that was well deserved. They played like total shit, especially in the 2nd half. Of course they had like 5 regular starters on the bench, but still...

I was referring to the incredibly soft penalty given with 30 seconds to go in stoppage time from a referee who would have been in a better position to make the call if he was season ticket holder.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #488 on: May 02, 2010, 12:06:32 PM

Liverpool  Facepalm Can't even make a good go at trying to beat fucking Chelsea at home. I quit watching after the second goal, it was just too fucking painful. I'll be seriously debating whether to watch next week's absolutely meaningless game against Hull. And now Rafa is sort of making rumblings that he's going to leave for the same reason he left Valencia, the owners wouldn't let him buy the players he wants.

Fuck off. Really, just fuck off to Juve or wherever they will put up with your prima donna bullshit. Yes, Hicks and Gillette are douchebags who have ran the club into idiotic levels of debt for no good result at all and now expect to make double the profit they paid for the fucking club. You spent 20 million pounds on a guy you refused to start for most of the season. You refused to buy backup strikers for a star you had to know would get hurt - fuck look at a club like Wigan or Hull. These guys got good strikers on loan or on the cheap. You could have taken the 20 million you spent on Aquilani and bought a decent 2nd striker and a creative midfielder and had change for tea. It's entirely your fault that you had no depth in defense or up front or the wings for that matter. It's also not their fault that you refuse to play young players like Pacheco when your injuries mount. He can't be any fucking worse than Ryan Bobbley or Donkey Legs Leiva. I could write a novel on what went wrong with this season, and most every problem can be laid at the Spanish cunt's feet.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: May 03, 2010, 06:16:05 PM

swamp poop ACK! swamp poop ACK!

pretty much switching between these two for the next day and a half
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009/2010 Football (Soccer) Thread  
Jump to: