Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:47:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A Serious Man 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Serious Man  (Read 3024 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

on: July 30, 2009, 02:49:14 PM

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 05:19:54 PM

Looks good.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 05:27:43 PM

Love bubbles.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:55:51 AM

Great trailer.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 09:39:52 PM

I just rented and watched this.  I really like most of their other movies but this one seems to require a very high "art fag" factor to enjoy.  It was still entertaining to watch though, some very good acting and quite a few compelling sequences.  I was honestly starting to wonder if I had ordered the wrong movie with that beginning and while I think I "got" the ending I still found it sudden (which I'm sure they wanted) and very pretentious (which I doubt was their intention).

I went around googling for other people's interpretations of the beginning and ending and 90% of what I found wound up being idiots who were essentially spouting "I didn't understand any of it so it must be really, really good!".
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 06:15:33 AM

To me it seemed like the yang to No Country for Old Men's yin. NCOM was in many ways a story about how everyone gets what's coming for them sooner or later, while A Serious Man was a story about how sometimes, stuff just happens. If you're superstitious you can try to divine a meaning from it but there are no guarantees anything would have happened differently if you had acted differently. Ironically, the main character would likely have coped better if he hadn't tried so desperately to find the cause of his misfortunes, since he seemed to be more harrowed by the lack of answers than by the events themselves.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 08:46:03 PM

I enjoyed this.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A Serious Man  
Jump to: