Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:22:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Idiot says, "Please, no exp bonus" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Idiot says, "Please, no exp bonus"  (Read 5206 times)
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

on: December 21, 2004, 11:56:42 AM

Post on eq2 forums - http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=101&message.id=5564&no_redir=true

Quote from: accelerated XP? why?

Why would they do this? The game is already really easy to level.  Im a level 27 Assassin and I could be very easily 10 levels higher if I still wasnt playing SWG on a regular basis.  Im starting to ask myself the question what do I do after I max out my toon in levels and max my alt and we are only like what a month and a half into the game?  Im not sure what is going to keep people playing this game for years which is what I thought I was signing up for when I got it.  The game seems to easy for me as it is and now there just giving XP away for free lol.

After some ridcule was heaped upon him, he replied..
Hmm, I thought I was clear in my original post but let me see if I can any more clear. Lets see... FREE XP IS STUPID AND WEAK.  I had not intentions of playing the days the server was down so why should I or anyone like me get free xp.  Why didnt they just level everyone then?  The whole concept is dumb and furthermore right now there ain't a whole lot of content in the game. EQ2 is like EQ lite and if things dont change the power gamers ( the ones who really matter until the so called casual gamers really start playing in huge numbers) are going to get very bored fast.

The group of MMO players never ceases to amaze me.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 12:04:50 PM

My head exploded about the time he said it's the power gamers that matter.

The Internet continues to churn out more than its fair share of complete tools, I see.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 01:49:13 PM

I went and tried to read that thread but all I saw was blah, blah, blah.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 08:53:56 PM

My head exploded when I saw Alkiera's new avatar. *POP*
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 12:14:33 AM

Quote from: schild
My head exploded when I saw Alkiera's new avatar. *POP*

Well, people complained about the old one... and EQ2 was just sitting there at char select.  Viola, instant new avatar.

As a side note, I finished the betrayal quest from Freeport to Qeynos with my Ratonga Sorcerer.  Got Exiled from Freeport at 15, was at 131% in 17 when I became a citizen.  Did most of the stuff, namely, about 450 of the gnolls, with a friend's bard alt who was the same level as my rat.  We would pull groups of green and blue con gnolls and destroy them... Even some rather large groups.

All the named fights I did with him and a few pickup people, mostly healers, tho one fight or two we did without one, just lots and lots of damage dealers.  Lost one of the fighters, but it went pretty well, really.

People seemed to be all concerned about these dialog portions where you had to say the right thing or you'd have to pay a gold piece...  Way overblown.  Really.  Sample question...
Quote from: Freeport to Qeynos Betrayal Quest

Magistrate> Speak your crimes, and I shall judge them fairly.

a) I've performed acts of nosepicking in public.
b) I've performed acts of horrifying evil.
c) I've performed bawdy jokes in front of wee little children.

Now, two of these options are patently ridiculous.  Pretty much every place in the various dialogs where you had options were about this level of 'Duh' about picking the right option.  I mean, really.  If you answer wrong, you should have to pay the 1gp, as a stupid tax.  Heck, kick 'em back to freeport for all I care... I'd just as soon not have people that dense where I may end up grouping with them.

All in all, the quest was pretty neat.  It helped alot if you actually read what the NPCs were saying... if you just randomly clicked options, you seriously can screw it up.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 12:18:53 AM

Can B and C be considered the same thing?

I once told a joke about a horsecock to a 7 year old.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004, 08:49:08 AM

Heheheh my friend got all three of those wrong for a 3gp fine cause he was being a jackass. He wanted sympathy but I was just laughing my ass off come on folks it is not hard to guess which option you should admit to when you are supposed to be confessing your sins.

I like the fine if you want to act like a jackass time to pay the piper.

kaid
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #7 on: December 29, 2004, 09:06:56 PM

Everquest is the fucking devil, and has ruined this genre forever, and it's all because Raph let the PKs chase everyone away from the UO model.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 06:16:38 AM

The questions from Qeynos to FP were little better.  I was worried about working off a several GP fine (just had my first gold piece at lvl 22 the other day, so it would have been a bitch) but the questions were retardedly easy.

You have to trick the guy into thinking your still on the Qeynos side so he tells you something so the questions are along the lines of:

(I'm paraphrasing here, but the gist is the same.)

Who sent you?

A.  Whats her name in Qeynos.
B.  Um, some evil assassin dude that wants to kill you.
C.  Fuck you and your mother bitch!

What I found silly were the quests you had to do to prove how evil you are.   I swear I wouldn't been surprised to see one be "Take a lolly-pop from a small child." as it was there was "Take some reminders of her dead husband away from an old widow.", "Steal, the wedding ring of a poor man just before he is going to propose." etc...

Who new Freeport citzens were The Diet Coke of Evil.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 30, 2004, 11:05:27 AM

Quote from: Murgos

Yeah, I noted this from the quests as I started out in Freeport.  If I hadn't intended to betray Freeport with that character already, I probably would have after experiencing 15 levels of the home of Lucan D'Lere, the Elementary Schoolyard Bully.

You know the saying, "He's not evil, he's just misguided"?  That actually describes Freeport pretty well.  I just couldn't take much more.

Alkiera

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #10 on: December 30, 2004, 12:03:04 PM

Heh, I've heard much the same of Qeynos, but to the "sugary-overly-good" extent.

Granted I haven't tried out a Qeynos character yet, but I have an affinity for Ratonga characters, it seems, and the betrayal quests sound like absolutely no fun whatsoever.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 30, 2004, 03:20:33 PM

Quote from: CmdrSlack
Heh, I've heard much the same of Qeynos, but to the "sugary-overly-good" extent.

I've heard the same thing.  There are some NPCs like that, admittedly, but being a generally good person, only the the most syrupy or pretencious NPCs really cause me to notice anything.

Alkiera

Ardent
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 02:48:04 PM

Quote from: schild
I once told a joke about a horsecock to a 7 year old.

Who hasn't?

Um, never mind.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 03:03:33 PM

Quote from: Murgos

Hahaha! We're all eeeee-villlllll! We'll ransmom Antonia Bayle for 1 million dollars!! Muwahahahhaha.

Truth be told, the Freeport script writers show little overall imagination but Freeport's surface isn't demonic evil, it's more simply self-serving-type-evil to the point of irritating. There is the appearance of heavy-handed law and order mixed with a lot of duplicity and greed. But you still wind up "helping" someone or doing something to further a cause. However, I much prefer it to the Disney-fied Qeynos.

Funny -- from what I've heard most people find the Freeport *players* a cooperative and helpful bunch, overall, while the Qeynos players tend to be less friendly...not sure this is really true, just a rumor.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Idiot says, "Please, no exp bonus"  
Jump to: