Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:53:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 College Football  (Read 131038 times)
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #70 on: August 20, 2009, 09:00:40 PM

If Texas doesn't play in the BCS title game I will be very surprised.  Their schedule is the easiest I've seen from a BCS team in a long, long time.  Oklahoma is the only tough game they have. 
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #71 on: August 22, 2009, 12:21:30 PM

AP poll

I sooo want Florida to get knocked off by an unranked and do the USC dance this year.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #72 on: August 22, 2009, 07:09:16 PM

AP poll

I sooo want Florida to get knocked off by an unranked and do the USC dance this year.

I'm not sure if I care about anything in college football more this year then seeing Florida lose, that is the most obnoxious fucking school with the most annoying jesus thumping fuckwad QB ever since Kurt Warner.  Man I hate hearing about them.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #73 on: August 23, 2009, 02:46:40 PM

Florida 2009 Schedule

My question is who has a real chance here? Charleston Southern, Troy, and Florida International  are complete throwaway games. They are complete cowards this year with their out of conference scheduling. Considering they are all home games, if I was a Florida ticket-holder I would be pretty pissed at the home schedule.

Home:

Charleston Southern, Troy, Tennessee, Arkansas, Vandy, Florida International, and Florida State. Nobody on that list is really worth a damn except Florida State. The only chance is probably going to be on the road.

Road:

Kentucky, LSU, Miss St., Georgia, and South Carolina. Essentially it's up to LSU and Georgia, and as a Georgia fan I can tell you we have pretty much no chance with entirely new QB/RB/WR options. Maybe Miss. State or Kentucky catch them napping on the road and pull an Ole Miss, but their programs are always worst in the SEC. I think it falls entirely on LSU somehow getting that Florida matchup to be a night game in Baton Rouge.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 02:48:15 PM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 23, 2009, 04:08:09 PM

Florida 2009 Schedule

My question is who has a real chance here? Charleston Southern, Troy, and Florida International  are complete throwaway games. They are complete cowards this year with their out of conference scheduling. Considering they are all home games, if I was a Florida ticket-holder I would be pretty pissed at the home schedule.

Home:

Charleston Southern, Troy, Tennessee, Arkansas, Vandy, Florida International, and Florida State. Nobody on that list is really worth a damn except Florida State. The only chance is probably going to be on the road.

Road:

Kentucky, LSU, Miss St., Georgia, and South Carolina. Essentially it's up to LSU and Georgia, and as a Georgia fan I can tell you we have pretty much no chance with entirely new QB/RB/WR options. Maybe Miss. State or Kentucky catch them napping on the road and pull an Ole Miss, but their programs are always worst in the SEC. I think it falls entirely on LSU somehow getting that Florida matchup to be a night game in Baton Rouge.

I am not counting Troy out as a complete throw away. Not saying they will win, but I think they have the best shot at an upset out of those cupcakes. Unfortunately I don't see LSU going thru this season without at least 3 losses. @ 'bama and @ Ole Miss... ugh. i just don't see them getting away with those and while Tiger stadium is a tough environment, its Florida - they know how to win there.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #75 on: August 23, 2009, 04:44:46 PM

Mark Schlabach posts the biggest knob-slobbering Florida article I've ever read

Should the SEC East even bother playing games this season?
The Gators are going to win the SEC East in 2009. And it's not even going to be close.
The SEC East is nothing more than a formality for Florida. The Gators are going to end up where they start the season -- on top of the division.
Shouldn't the SEC just say Georgia is probably going to be pretty good in 2009, maybe good enough to win nine or 10 games and lose to the Gators by, oh, 40 points? With Stafford and Moreno leaving for the NFL, the Bulldogs will turn to senior Joe Cox at quarterback and a handful of unproven players at tailback.
Shouldn't we put Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin's over/under at nine? Not nine victories, of course, but the nine touchdowns the Gators will score when the Volunteers play at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium on Sept. 19. Kiffin accused Meyer of cheating in recruiting, which he didn't do.
Florida was still the media's choice to to win the SEC East in 2008. The Gators blasted the Bulldogs 49-10 in Jacksonville, Fla. At least one thing in college football never seems to change.

I now officially want to kick this guy to death more than Mark May. Oh and the kicker...HE'S A FUCKING GEORGIA ALUM!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 04:48:20 PM by Paelos »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #76 on: August 23, 2009, 04:55:27 PM

i just don't see them getting away with those and while Tiger stadium is a tough environment, its Florida - they know how to win there.

Florida hasn't won in Death Valley since 2003. In 2007 LSU won in that epic night game which catapulted them to the national title hype and win. The last minute TD to take it all away from Florida and crush their hopes. I give LSU the edge there still.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:14:24 PM by Paelos »

Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: August 23, 2009, 04:58:39 PM

how poetic would it be for Tenn to upset Florida in the Swamp and to see Kiffin giving the gator-chomp as he walks off the field. I'll call up God and see if he can make it happen, he owes me a favor.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #78 on: August 23, 2009, 05:32:20 PM

My favorite "Fuck you Florida" moment that's not Georgia related was 2007 when the Auburn kicker nailed the winning FG twice because Florida called a BS timeout that negated the first one. Then he went crazy running around the field doing the chomp. I laughed my ass off.

My favorite "Fuck you Florida" moment from Georgia is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj_yqJtmE2w

We took SOOOO many penalties in 2008 because of that, but it was worth it to see Florida completely demoralized in that game.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: August 24, 2009, 09:49:45 AM

Heh.  Lou 'Sufferin' Suckatash' Holtz has predicted ND and Florida in the title game.

If ND runs through that cakewalk schedule and ends up in the title game, Utah and Boise State are going to go completely apeshit.  And rightfully so. 
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: August 24, 2009, 10:44:03 AM

ND in the championship?  That's pretty fucked up.

What is far more likely is my Buckeyes somehow catch a newbie USC QB on a bad day, proceed to beat the rest of a dysfunctional Big 10 in a series of thrilling 13-7 victories, and earn the right to get roflstomped by Tebow again. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #81 on: August 24, 2009, 11:02:18 AM

ND in the championship?  That's pretty fucked up.

What is far more likely is my Buckeyes somehow catch a newbie USC QB on a bad day, proceed to beat the rest of a dysfunctional Big 10 in a series of thrilling 13-7 victories, and earn the right to get roflstomped by Tebow again. 

I'd put any one loss team in there before that happens if I were voting. I would hope at this point we've collectively had enough of Ohio State's song-and-dance, fans included.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: August 27, 2009, 07:21:36 AM

Are we there yet?
/whine

most often known as Drevik
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #83 on: August 27, 2009, 11:22:35 AM

One week from today for me!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #84 on: August 27, 2009, 04:29:58 PM

If Texas doesn't play in the BCS title game I will be very surprised.  Their schedule is the easiest I've seen from a BCS team in a long, long time.  Oklahoma is the only tough game they have.  

That's because the Big 12 North is pathetic. No team other than Texas or OU has won that conference since 2003. Usually whoever wins the Texas-OU game has a guaranteed shot at the championship. Except for last year's fucked-up ruling.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:36:14 PM by Paelos »

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 01, 2009, 07:25:56 AM

All the factors for an upset in the Bama Va Tech game.  Too many distractions on the Bama side:  Two best offensive players (Ingram and Julio Jones) are still not cleared by the SEC for a fishing trip they took this summer, the starting defensive end was shot in the forearm as someone attempted to rob him in the apartment complex parking lot, the flu hitting a few key players.

If Bama can make it through this game, they effectively get two weeks off to get back sorted out. 
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: September 01, 2009, 05:53:20 PM

Interesting read.  WhatIfSports simulates the season.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: September 03, 2009, 10:13:04 AM

Nice little highlight vid to get pumped up for tonight's kickoff:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college-football/countdown-to-kickoff-53763;_ylt=AqQzogKNnTtbANLAfFA1vUftxLsF

I got Utah drubbing State and Oregon hanging tough in a barn burner over Boise St.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: September 03, 2009, 10:30:26 AM

I wonder what song ESPN/ABC is going to drive into the ground in all their promotions?  Last year was AC/DC's Rock N Roll Train, before that was Daughtry's Crash. 

Can't wait for Saturday though...Really looking forward to UGA / OSU and Bama / Va Tech
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 04, 2009, 12:16:36 AM

Well the Utes looked a tad shaky here and there and need to cut out the turnovers, but with so many new parts overall I was happy. I think our QB will be pretty good once he gets settled in and our feature running back is set to break 1000 yards this year if he stays healthy.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: September 04, 2009, 06:04:03 AM

The Utah game was one of the only ones with any flares of offense... of course that is only because I caught the highlights and the score, but still.

Boise St's def looked great, too bad they don't play anyone from here on out except for maybe Nevada. As for the end of the game antics, taunting is classless and while I don't condone outright retaliation, I found it fitting that a taunt followed by a smug look got dropped from a right to the jaw. Arrogance meets humility - whatever happens now is just exhaust.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: September 04, 2009, 08:00:15 AM

So much for Oregon and a barn burner.  Blount had 8 carries for -5 yards.  Not looking good for them this season.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #92 on: September 04, 2009, 08:13:46 AM

If Texas doesn't play in the BCS title game I will be very surprised.  Their schedule is the easiest I've seen from a BCS team in a long, long time.  Oklahoma is the only tough game they have.  

That's because the Big 12 North is pathetic. No team other than Texas or OU has won that conference since 2003. Usually whoever wins the Texas-OU game has a guaranteed shot at the championship. Except for last year's fucked-up ruling.

With the resurgence of Texas and Oklahom as powers it has really hurt the recruiting of Nebraska, Colorado and Kansas State.  All three of those teams would end up with some of the good players from Texas in the 80s/mid 90s.  The killer has been Nebraska, though.  They were expected to be a dominant force when the league was set up and they've just fallen on their face.
WayAbvPar

Reply #93 on: September 04, 2009, 10:35:29 AM

So much for Oregon and a barn burner.  Blount had 8 carries for -5 yards.  Not looking good for them this season.

And one sucker punch that will hopefully get him suspended for a few games. That guy is a fucking asshole.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: September 04, 2009, 10:39:53 AM

Heh. Utah's game in Oregon in two weeks is looking up after last night.

-H.L. Mencken
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: September 04, 2009, 12:12:01 PM

For real on Blount, WAP, only I would go farther and hope the university kicks him off the team and sends him packing altogether.

The rest of the story...

Blount had already been suspended by his team this year in pre-season practices for "conduct unbecoming".

Blount was quoted in the papers leading up to this game saying they (the Ducks) owed them (the Broncos) an ass whooping on account of being beaten by them last year at Oregon.

In addition to his terrible stats on the night it was he who was dragged down in the end-zone for the safety.

After sucker-punching the Bronco dude he threw at one of his own teammates (who was trying to calm him down and drag him away) and later still as the teams were leaving the field he had to be restrained from going after fans who were obviously razzing him.

Loser.  Total and complete.  But a meltdown of epic proportions, eh?

COME ON YOU SPURS!
WayAbvPar

Reply #96 on: September 04, 2009, 12:30:01 PM

Unfortunately I can only revel in Oregon's misfortunes until they kick the shit out of the Huskies this season. I wore my UW sweatshirt to work today- I figure it is the only time I can wear it without embarrassment until basketball season  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #97 on: September 04, 2009, 12:32:00 PM

Blount is obviously a douche, but it looked like he was provoked, I wouldn't call it a sucker punch.

I am a little less worried about Cal having to play at Oregon this year, but that's a ways off and it always sucks to play there.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: September 04, 2009, 12:38:03 PM

I don't have much sympathy for a guy getting punched in the mouth for being low class enough to taunt another player after the game is over.  That said, even just throwing the punch should land Blount a suspension but for having to be physically restrained from going after fans and then having to be dragged off the field he should be thrown off the team.  This guy has issues he needs to deal with and a football field isn’t the place to do it.

Over and out.
WayAbvPar

Reply #99 on: September 04, 2009, 12:43:25 PM

It wasn't just any guy, however- Blount had been running his mouth in the press all week. A winning player should still rise above it, but I can definitely understand the impulse to give him a little back.

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #100 on: September 04, 2009, 12:56:44 PM

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
WayAbvPar

Reply #101 on: September 04, 2009, 01:10:02 PM

Man, that Blount guy REALLY hated Loverboy.

Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: September 04, 2009, 01:25:29 PM

that right there just made me lol at work.

As for this whole issue, talking trash happens and usually in abundance before games to do the little mental shit-on-you-guys dance. Once the clock strikes zero, there is nothing more to be said. Hout needed to keep it in check - they won the whole nation saw it (if you stayed up to watch). Talking trash after is just unnecessary and going so far as to make any contact outside of a handshake to an already pissed off player... like Chris Rock said about OJ, "Not saying he should have hit him...but i understand." (paraphrased to fit the scene) and as for Blount - I don't blame him for his crap game - he is not the only player out there and he sure isn't calling moronic plays. Besides, everyone who knows better knows Blount plays a lvl 80 orc rogue, so the cheapshot from the blindside is not surprising.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: September 04, 2009, 02:50:49 PM

Oregon has suspended running back LeGarrette Blount for the remainder of season for punching Boise State defensive end Byron Hout after Thursday's loss.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090904/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_t25_oregon_blount

-H.L. Mencken
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #104 on: September 04, 2009, 03:35:43 PM

Bigger suspension than I expected, good for Oregon.

Boise dude should be sitting for a game or two himself, though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 College Football  
Jump to: