Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:20:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: [FUNNY] Unlocked door overexposes virtual philanderer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [FUNNY] Unlocked door overexposes virtual philanderer  (Read 7400 times)
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

on: December 20, 2004, 07:59:59 PM

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 09:08:46 PM

Yawn.  My TinySex logs are way more interesting than that.

Bruce
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 09:14:01 PM

Bruce, I think I speak for everyone on this.

Nobody gives a shit.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 09:24:23 PM

Not even the point, Bruce. What's amusing is the subsequent thread, not the pictoral evidence.

[beats head against wall]

SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 10:52:14 PM

What's amusing about the subsequent thread?  That the guy was pissed off?

Bruce
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 11:11:34 PM

Oh.

My.

God.

The cybering isn't anything special, it's the asshat's reaction to it.  He has rendered himself the laughingstock of the entire internet.  Jesus Christ.  By the end of page two it's possibly the best thread in the history of the universe.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 06:29:38 AM

It's good, but 'Page 8' has not been surpassed yet.

I have never played WoW.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 06:58:58 AM

Link is borked.  Sorry I missed it.  Or am I? ................
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 07:12:53 AM

This thread seems to have blossomed into an internet 'thing'.  The site seems to have broken from the weight of people wanting to read it.  The original poster also seems to have caused his image host to ban the site so the pictures are no longer available.  (not that those were the funny bit)

Anyway, I read all this on some other board.  I also read that this guy is the same "Cecil" that caused a lot of havoc on the Chaos server in Shadowbane.  They seemed to think he was a nasty little turd back then, too.

Edit:  It seems 'seem' is my favourite word today.  :(

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 07:30:49 AM

Apparently the pictures were helpful in some way, cause I just don't see the humor without them.  Yeah, the guy is a lil over the top defending himself, but he's prolly pissed and not thinking.

The people posting 'best thread evar' on page 2 of it obviously haven't been exposed to much on the 'net that is like, actually funny or humorous.

*shrug*

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Abel
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 07:56:38 AM

Beware ! If you play to much EQ2 you become like Cecil !!!!

I had luck and could "sample" the entire thread including pictures and found it  setted new standards in term of patheticness rather then being funny at all.

Cecil seems to simply have a serious social problem and on top of that he has that killer mix of unbridled arrogance, total lack of empathy and being devoid of any sign of intelligence. Apparently he managed to get into similar scandals in FFXI, SB and now EQ2. No wonder.

The most interesting fact of this thread was how fast people from all over the internet community reacted to it. Even people from the HelloKitty forums ...
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 08:45:31 AM

It is gone now. The hosting povider suspended the EQ2Permafrost account.
Something about bandwidth.

The best part of the thread was when Evenstar, Ceciliantas' online paramour ripped him a new one for this being cybresex with somebody other than her. That and the irregular photoshop contest running through the thread.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 09:47:28 PM

"Cecil" that caused a lot of havoc on the Chaos server in Shadowbane

Lol I was wondering that, since he seemed a lot like the Cecil who played on Chaos. He didn't cause "havoc" per se...It really just came down to his city getting razed and never ceasing to shut up about it. At least that was his main claim to fame. I mean, he took it really hard, and had some real life animosity to the guild that did it (heh, my guild to be exact). He still couldn't shut up about it even after we were long gone. I eventually moved to Death, but I'd pop on the Chaos boards every once in a while and would still see him bitching at just about anything done to him. Nobody liked him.

At the time, I just thought he was one of those people who simply couldn't handle Shadowbane. I guess I was wrong. Looks like this guy has made quite a name for himself.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #13 on: December 22, 2004, 01:01:01 AM

The EQ2 Permafrost boards are up as I just found this today.

It made it to Fark, etc. so I figure it may have passed up pg 8.

The guy who did it has posted a summary of all the good stuff from the thread...it's 25 pages now, and a LOT of stupid to slog through.

http://www.thedauntless.com/cecil.html

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #14 on: December 22, 2004, 06:13:31 AM

Yes, it's THAT Cecil.  He really is a nasty little turd and doesn't deserve to be remembered for anything at all.  You'd think even women looking for a good time on the internet could do better than his sorry self.  I really do find it very humourous though... especially when his gf broke up with him in the thread.  That was priceless.

Edit:  geez... It was funny enough when I thought he was just some silly university student... but he's a 35 yr old welder from Virginia! (although he seems to think that Virginia is in the GMT time zone)  Regardless of his age, however, I am sure he is a basement dweller who still resides with his mum.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #15 on: December 22, 2004, 12:42:56 PM

Did you play on Chaos, Signe? Seems like I'd seen your name from somewhere before.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #16 on: December 22, 2004, 01:55:32 PM

I played on Deception in the beginning.  I had insane amounts of sb.exe after launch and finally canceled because I couldn't log in anymore.  When I returned to SB after a bit, I migrated to Chaos.  I cancelled after I started getting the sb.exe disease again.

I was very popular among the millinery crowd.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #17 on: December 22, 2004, 01:57:24 PM

She wore lots of different hats.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #18 on: December 22, 2004, 02:25:41 PM

And people complain about the shit I post. This whole Cecil thing is just dumb. Not even worth this reply.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #19 on: December 22, 2004, 02:28:27 PM

Quote from: Shockeye
And people complain about the shit I post. This whole Cecil thing is just dumb. Not even worth this reply.

What are you talking about? This is the real MMOG news. Patch notes, game releases, and expansion packs be damned. These kind of fuckups only happen every so often.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #20 on: December 22, 2004, 06:04:17 PM

What would you rather have?

"Patch notes for World of EverCatass, and why everything in them is wrong!"

Or...

"Loser beats off in WoE, entire Internet laughs."

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: December 23, 2004, 01:31:44 PM

Ok, time to top you people.

This is embarassment.

NSFW
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #22 on: December 23, 2004, 02:02:39 PM

Someone should really talk to you about some of the shit you post, Shockeye.

PS  When are you going to decorate this website for Christmas?  It's depressingly unfestive and you are running out of time.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #23 on: December 23, 2004, 02:23:35 PM

Quote from: Signe
Someone should really talk to you about some of the shit you post, Shockeye.

I am waiting with bated breath for the intervention.

Quote from: Signe
PS  When are you going to decorate this website for Christmas?  It's depressingly unfestive and you are running out of time.

If I was going to decorate the website I'd simply put up the graphic of an unadorned aluminum pole.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: December 23, 2004, 02:44:10 PM

Could you at least put a little Santy hat on the pole?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: [FUNNY] Unlocked door overexposes virtual philanderer  
Jump to: