Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:32:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS)  (Read 3578 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

on: July 16, 2009, 02:17:10 PM

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-professor-layton/50290

Professor Layton II available 8/24.  PreOrdered.  Now I need some gin&tonic.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 03:03:08 PM

The first one made Yego something something.

Go crazy?

Don't mind if I do!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 03:41:11 PM

Lianka
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 02:07:15 PM

I'm about 80% of the way through the story.  I'm finding the puzzles a little easier than I had the Curious Village, but that might just be me (I've been through several calculus courses since I did Curious Village, so my mind is sharper). 

My only complaints are:
 - the introduction of the "What's wrong with this picture" puzzles which are projected on a screen that is TOO DAMN SMALL to see any good detail,
 - a stretch where you have to, unavoidably, do the same puzzle three times in a row to continue the story, and
 - what the hell is up with the tea brewing mini game?  Do you actually earn anything when you give a character the right kind of tea? 

True genius things are:
 - the camera mini game - once you get that together, it unlocks more of the "What's wrong with this picture" puzzles (that I just finished complaining about, but, if you're into it, it gives you a reason to revisit old places)
 - the hamster mini game - once you get him back into shape, you'll never miss out on a hint coin again! 
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 02:35:39 PM

Movie inc.   Heart   awesome, for real

via Kotakualot
Next January, Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, the animated film based on the Professor Layton puzzle games, will be released in Japan. To hold everyone over until then, here are images from the flick.

The movie will be produced by Japanese studio TOHO and will get an entirely new story drafted by Level 5 president Akihiro Hino. Hino is the brains behind all the previous Layton games as well as directing the forthcoming Dragon Quest IX. The game's voice actors will reprise their roles for the feature animated films.

The Layton movie is an original story from series creator Akihiro Hino and will feature game characters Professor Layton and his apprentice Luke. Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva will be produced by Masakazu Kubo, producer of the Pokémon films.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 12:51:28 PM

"Diabolical Box"? What, like "Sorcerer's Stone"  swamp poop

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Wife?
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 12:22:29 AM

Without Ghibli doing it, I really can't see this movie doing well - but grats to Level 5 - any success they get makes me happy even if the Layton games are boring as all get out.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 01:39:21 PM

Wife?
It's called "Professor Layton and Pandora's Box" over here.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS)  
Jump to: