Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Dark Templar 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dark Templar  (Read 12572 times)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

on: July 15, 2009, 06:29:18 PM

So, I couldn't find a thread talking about this class, so I thought I'd start one.

Builds, what works for PVE, what works for PVP, what works for raids. Share configs here.

Also, what is up with the whole mana tap line in the Desecration Feats tree. We hardly use any mana that I can tell, why would we want to tap mana at all? Does that change at later levels?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:00:16 PM

There are some spells which use it, and if you get Soul Barrier, you can drain your mana rapidly.  Plus mana your enemy doesn't have is mana they can't use.

I do a mix of all three trees.  Which one first depends if I'm going to be mainly solo or part of a duo.  This is the build I am going for.

On my duo, Kylantha, I went with the Soldier feats first and am working on the Depravity tree.  On Jaelleah I did the Desecration tree first, and have just started on Depravity.  Soldier will be last on her list and might get changed.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 05:41:01 AM

Does that change at later levels?

You can use mana as another HP pool.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 08:43:56 AM

Can we be specific? Is there a Aura or a Covenant that does that, or is it a conversion spell, like the HP to Stamina spell (forget the name).

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 08:54:22 AM

I think there's a spell in the general tree that allows you do that.  If you go to yg.aoc.com's DT feat planner page, you can see the feats with descriptor pop ups.  I'd look it up for you, but we run IE6.0 at work, and it's all wonkified unless you use IE7.0 or higher.

Some really good DT info can be found here.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 09:00:24 AM

Can we be specific? Is there a Aura or a Covenant that does that, or is it a conversion spell, like the HP to Stamina spell (forget the name).
Soul Barrier.  It was changed to a toggle, and something useful, in the latest patch.

It can take a small portion of any incoming damage and converts it to mana loss at a rate depending on how many points are invested.  It's not a huge amount, however it can make a difference.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 04:57:32 PM

On my duo, Kylantha, I went with the Soldier feats first and am working on the Depravity tree.  On Jaelleah I did the Desecration tree first, and have just started on Depravity.  Soldier will be last on her list and might get changed.

You have two DTs?  How masochistic are you lol.  I had one, way back when the game came out and the class was a good idea, on paper. 

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 10:08:07 PM

I had a duo with my roomie, who doesn't like it if I wander off and get xp alone.  So I had another in BC that I could do whatever I wanted with.  Take my time, explore, try other feat trees, etc.  They just happened to get merged.

But yes.  I liked them that much.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 01:49:43 AM

I had a duo with my roomie, who doesn't like it if I wander off and get xp alone.  So I had another in BC that I could do whatever I wanted with.  Take my time, explore, try other feat trees, etc.  They just happened to get merged.

But yes.  I liked them that much.

Lol, I have the same set up with my roomate, where I work less hours than he does (sucker!!) and he bitches when I level too much.  Of course, being lazy, my solution isn't leveling an alt, but just saying 'ah fuck it' and speeding past him anyways.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Oh yeah, does the lifetap animation still involve a screaming skull floating above the players head??? because that thing rocked for annoying people with.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 08:37:32 AM

Soul Barrier.  It was changed to a toggle, and something useful, in the latest patch.

It can take a small portion of any incoming damage and converts it to mana loss at a rate depending on how many points are invested.  It's not a huge amount, however it can make a difference.

Got this last night. Handy spell. Thanks for the clarification. The feat description wasn't clear to me. Now its obvious why mana taps would be useful; to keep Soul Barrier working.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 09:09:02 AM

The nice thing is it doesn't end if you run out of mana, you just lose the damage absorption until you have some mana again.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 06:57:00 PM

I started a DT and damn are they fun. At least for me. Of course, I haven't tried other classes aside from Assassin and Herald of Xotli, so I'm not sure what "overpowered" feels like. I'm able to solo just fine so far. We'll see how it scales.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Dark Templar  
Jump to: