Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:50:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Vaping with eCigarettes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vaping with eCigarettes  (Read 166869 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #315 on: July 14, 2013, 08:44:42 AM

It took me forever to quit smoking.  Gordon was able to do it six months earlier using some of those patches and willpower.  My skin can't tolerate the patches and I have no willpower.  I did use those Quest cigs with trace amounts of nicotine, which helped a lot even though they tasted awful.  If I knew about all this, or if it even existed, I would have been all over it.  I wonder if Colorado will be allowed to use liquid THC in them.  That would be heaven.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ralence
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: July 14, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

I missed this thread, mostly because I'm an eternal random lurker, but nonetheless.  I have been vaping since October of last year.  2 pack a day smoker for 20+ years, to 0 since my ecig kit came in.  I use ego 510 batteries with a T3 clearomizer with the replaceable atomizer heads.
Schild mentioned steeping, can you explain this better?  I understand what it means, but how do you tell the difference between "needs to steep longer" and "just tastes like shit"?  I tried a bunch of different liquids, but I got really sick of cleaning the atomizers with every new test flavor, so I've found two that I have used exclusively for the last 9 months.  I'm thinking this steep process may be why I found so few I actually like.

Thanks
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #317 on: July 14, 2013, 03:03:17 PM

For some reason, this all reminds me of hooka smoking, what with the fanciful flavors and such.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #318 on: July 14, 2013, 03:15:51 PM

For some reason, this all reminds me of hooka smoking, what with the fanciful flavors and such.
Kind of a combination of that and pipe smoking, since there's a considerable amount of geek-out opportunities with selecting and maintaining the gear.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: July 14, 2013, 10:12:10 PM

I feel like that was pretty clear. BUT, I had the same problem when I decided to like, get an actual Ecig instead of a disposable. So I'll tell you what I read that made sense.

There are 2 parts to an ecig. The battery and the tank. Most batteries (from Ego Cs to high end $225 Chi Yous) have something call 510 threading. Basically every tank ever made fits into 510 threads (the part where the tank screws into the battery). What I was talking about was the tank portion (see a picture in an earlier post). One of the reason basic Ego Batteries and Vivi Nova tanks do so well is its basically where EVERY converted smoker starts (unless there's an intermediary period where you use disposables).

Almost none of what I said was relevant to you other than the following: A Kamry X10 is a good tank. It fits into nearly any battery on the market. Put juice in it. Vape.

Vaping isn't complicated, it's not like a fucking language or Trek bullshit. Part of the problem is that there's no real "levels" to vaping. Sure, you could be rebuilding shit and futzing around with ohm readers and stuff, but at the end of the day you're still screwing a tank into a battery and pressing a button to fire it.

Disposable blus use basically the exact same tech, it's just concealed.

Thanks man. I got a little cranky there. :)

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
schild
Administrator

Reply #320 on: July 19, 2013, 01:00:53 PM

So, not a huge fan of the eRoll. It's not bad but it's not amazing either. The personal charger could not be more poorly designed. ANYWAY, I shoved a Protank head into the Innokin X10.

Man. What a perfect combination. The X10 was advertised as being able to take Evod heads, but I figured the long neck on the protank could possibly completely prevent any gurgling or flooding - and it does. It's basically a Protank now with a tighter draw and much more vapor.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #321 on: July 19, 2013, 02:29:11 PM

I've become so lazy since the store opened near me that sells liquids and just regular ol' Ego batteries and tanks.

They're built like bricks, though. I managed to drunkenly drop one in a pool and it worked fine after fishing it out.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
schild
Administrator

Reply #322 on: July 19, 2013, 02:38:20 PM

I'll be straightforward: If you're in California, you have no reason to be using Chinese knockoffs. There's real product out there and super good juice. At the end of the day, $200 for a good mod and tank (or even better, for an all in one, a hybrid) + good juice (let's say, $20-$40 every few weeks) is WAY less than smoking even half a pack a day for a year.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #323 on: July 19, 2013, 05:25:26 PM

It took me forever to quit smoking.  Gordon was able to do it six months earlier using some of those patches and willpower.  My skin can't tolerate the patches and I have no willpower.  I did use those Quest cigs with trace amounts of nicotine, which helped a lot even though they tasted awful.  If I knew about all this, or if it even existed, I would have been all over it.  I wonder if Colorado will be allowed to use liquid THC in them.  That would be heaven.
Yes Colorado does, and the gf is in love with them.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #324 on: July 19, 2013, 07:33:35 PM

A friend of mine is trying to quit and is currently using the non-disposable blu ecig.

I keep telling him to get a better ecig and about the flavors, etc.

The guy is my age (37) and the least tech-savvy guy around. I destroyed his world today by putting a small post-it on the bottom of his mouse.

At any rate, what's a good option for this guy? He won't be homebrewing devices ever.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #325 on: July 23, 2013, 08:57:16 AM

I've decided to buy a starter kit for my lovely nephew who has been trying to quit smoking.  This is the one:

http://www.apolloecigs.com/standard-electronic-cigarette-s/45.htm

It's on sale for $54 and I have a 20% off coupon which brings the total to around $44 and free shipping.  Is this good?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: July 23, 2013, 09:05:04 AM

Why would someone use an e-cig if they are trying to quit smoking?  The key to quitting is breaking the nicotine addiction through tapering.  Using a new nicotine source, while better, still won't end the addiction.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #327 on: July 23, 2013, 10:14:52 AM

I thought because he's having no luck at all that at least this wouldn't kill him as fast.  No?

schild
Administrator

Reply #328 on: July 23, 2013, 11:09:02 AM

Why would someone use an e-cig if they are trying to quit smoking?  The key to quitting is breaking the nicotine addiction through tapering.  Using a new nicotine source, while better, still won't end the addiction.
Because it works. It's also a whole fuckton easier to taper off on your own using various mg of nic liquid than it is using pharmaceutical-controlled ideas of how to taper off through the patch or some other Nicotine Delivery System. As someone who doesn't smoke, Nebu, I can't actually expect you to understand. Also, those of us who love caffeine tend to love nicotine as well.

Edit: I started at 24mg, roughly the same as the cigarettes I'm smoking. Now, depending on the device I range from 12-18. That's in 100 days. My next round of liquid orders will be even smaller. Until it's at zero and my body accepts the placebo effect. That's basically EVERYONE'S story, not just mine.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:10:47 AM by schild »
schild
Administrator

Reply #329 on: July 23, 2013, 11:21:20 AM

A friend of mine is trying to quit and is currently using the non-disposable blu ecig.

I keep telling him to get a better ecig and about the flavors, etc.

The guy is my age (37) and the least tech-savvy guy around. I destroyed his world today by putting a small post-it on the bottom of his mouse.

At any rate, what's a good option for this guy? He won't be homebrewing devices ever.

The lowest barrier for a good Ecig device where you can define flavor/nic level is an E-go Twist with an easy to use tank.

Kamry X10 (what I'm using): http://stormysvaporcellar.com/oc_1/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=740
Protank Atomizers (the one with the X10 kind of blows): http://www.sun-vapers.com/buy/kanger-protank-heads-in-1-8-or-2-5-ohms-5-pack/
Ego Passthrough 1000mah kit (charges through standard USB!): http://stormysvaporcellar.com/oc_1/index.php?route=product/product&path=100_102&product_id=147

Liquid:
Fruit: http://thevaporchef.com/products/honey-pearry
Tobacco: http://www.indigovapor.com/product_p/t-theduke.htm
Savory: http://www.velvetcloudvapor.com/collections/e-liquid-blends/products/mewlews-magic
schild
Administrator

Reply #330 on: July 23, 2013, 11:22:12 AM

Also, I will never link to an illegitimate vendor here, nor one that has a known credit card processing issue (CC companies & Paypal treat ecigs like tobacco right now, so it's in a weird place for online ordering). Also nearly every company is mom & pop, so like, fuckups happen.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: July 23, 2013, 11:36:20 AM

Because it works. It's also a whole fuckton easier to taper off on your own using various mg of nic liquid than it is using pharmaceutical-controlled ideas of how to taper off through the patch or some other Nicotine Delivery System. As someone who doesn't smoke, Nebu, I can't actually expect you to understand. Also, those of us who love caffeine tend to love nicotine as well.

Edit: I started at 24mg, roughly the same as the cigarettes I'm smoking. Now, depending on the device I range from 12-18. That's in 100 days. My next round of liquid orders will be even smaller. Until it's at zero and my body accepts the placebo effect. That's basically EVERYONE'S story, not just mine.

Excellent explanation.  Thanks for that.  I get it now.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #332 on: July 23, 2013, 11:41:31 AM

The biggest hurdle for alternative delivery devices has ALWAYS been the physical part. For gamers, it's likely more mental than physical as now I can just vape and get my nic fix while gaming (which again, is almost cheating in strategy games, particularly late at night). But vaping solves all those problems in a solution that uses reusable batteries. And it's all 510 connections, so when it's done I can turn my devices into Mag Lights!
Ralence
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: July 23, 2013, 02:42:03 PM

I found a brick and mortar vape shop near me this past weekend.  Holy crap, god's gift!

Not only do they make their own juices, but you can sample them in the shop (clearo + disposable plastic tip covers filled with every flavor).

My biggest issue has been finding flavors I enjoy, the trial and error stuff really sucks.

I picked up some CE5 clearo's, with the replaceable wicks,  which I honestly didn't even know about until I was in there talking to the owners, and found 2 new flavors that I can actually buy locally.  They pre-mix the flavors, then do the nicotine adding at whatever level on demand.

The place is called e-six in Branford CT, and I'm not a shill, for anyone that uses an e-cig, you'll realize how awesome it is to be able to try new things out, ask questions, and sample flavors!

Hopefully this is the start of more of these types of shops, it's not a head shop that sells Joyetech, it's a real vape shop, which sells DIY parts and not water pipes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #334 on: July 23, 2013, 02:50:25 PM

I've found most in-house vape liquids to be pretty crap due to lack of steep time. We have one here, it's not very good. E-Six carries real shit though, so maybe their liquid is up to snuff also.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #335 on: July 23, 2013, 11:09:05 PM

Why would someone use an e-cig if they are trying to quit smoking?  The key to quitting is breaking the nicotine addiction through tapering.  Using a new nicotine source, while better, still won't end the addiction.
I quit smoking 4.5 years ago, since then I've smoked maybe a total of a pack's worth of cigarettes, usually to be social.  Yes, I still get my nicotine, much as I would if I used patches or gum, but at a far lower cost.  I have *zero* interest in giving up nicotine.

The key reason to quit smoking is to stop destroying your lungs with tobacco smoke.  I have that.  Why does that not count as "quitting"?

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
schild
Administrator

Reply #336 on: August 05, 2013, 04:26:05 PM

Alright guys, met up with a game industry dude that had a bunch of shit. But anyway, I've used the high end stuff now, including iHybrids, Chi Yous, Paps (both the GP Mod and S&P tank), and vaped a whole bunch of weird high end shit.

I can talk at length about what's going on at both ends of the spectrum (from $20 ego twists to $50 erolls to $60 Chinese clones to $250 mods). If you want me write up a bit about this and how the various things work, I'd be happy to. Also gonna poke this dude and see if he wants to post here, I know he already reads shit here.

Edit: SPOILER: I ordered a Nemesis Kalafan and iHybrid / Doc Dave Collabo Stainless Steel Pure after using his stuff. Which is to say, the high end stuff DOES make difference.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 04:27:46 PM by schild »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: August 05, 2013, 06:26:14 PM

I'd love to hear more.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #338 on: August 05, 2013, 06:55:51 PM

Same here, would love to hear more.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #339 on: August 06, 2013, 08:34:36 AM

The kit for my nephew was delivered although he hasn't picked it up yet so I'd be interested, too.  I just got him a medium tobacco flavour because I had no idea what to get.  I'd love some recommendations.  His birthday is on Talk Like a Pirate Day so maybe I'll buy him a variety.  Thanks.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: August 06, 2013, 05:12:37 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #341 on: August 06, 2013, 06:04:41 PM

I'll talk about Vamos when I finally get around to writing all of this shit up.
schild
Administrator

Reply #342 on: August 08, 2013, 10:47:16 PM

My Nemesis Kalafan arrives tomorrow. So sometimes this weekend I'm going to take some pics next to basically every other sized piece of gear to show what's going on in the market. I wish I had my own Kayfun or Russian, but alas. I CAN talk about them though. Also, my Nimbus will come in some times next week.
schild
Administrator

Reply #343 on: August 11, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Kalafan did NOT show up. SNARL.

However, I did pick up a Kayfun Lite... and goddamn.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #344 on: August 11, 2013, 01:48:55 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #345 on: August 11, 2013, 02:08:53 PM

All the shit in New York actually makes Bloomberg an instant cocksucker piece of shit.
Logain
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: August 31, 2013, 04:19:01 PM

I've got one of those and I like it quite a bit. Haven't managed to break it yet, and it's adjustable by voltage or wattage which is nice. That kit comes with batteries that look like they are too long to take advantage of the adjustable size. Mine came with two smaller batteries that can either be used together, or a section of the thing can be removed and it's a bit smaller and fits a single battery. Personally I never take a section off as the impact on battery life is significant.
schild
Administrator

Reply #347 on: August 31, 2013, 04:46:51 PM

I'm sorry I haven't written things up here, but you really don't want to stack 18350s in a VAMO. You're basically asking for trouble, even if they've always been stacked and charged at the same rates. You basically have to pair batteries if you're going to stack them.
schild
Administrator

Reply #348 on: August 31, 2013, 10:24:35 PM

A small update:
1. I have a DocDave / Faceless iHybrid collaboration arriving in a few weeks.
2. I have about 300ml I won in a giveaway from SAVEUR VAPE (Blueprint, Standard, etc)

I'd really like to get those things in before I write everything up.

My short term advice is: High end vape shit seriously is high end. There's no reason to totally dick around with voltages on spinners/twists and shit if you know what you're doing. High end eliquid is worth the money. I've saved over $1000 in 6 months of not smoking. I've spent less than $1000 between both my fiance and myself but we've - combined - saved $2000+. /chainvapes a kalafan nemesis with a Kayfun Lite full of Grant's Vanilla Custard.
Logain
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: August 31, 2013, 11:21:39 PM

I'm no expert on all of this and I'm genuinely curious...what kind of trouble am I going to have with the 2 batteries? Like I said though, so far I don't think I've not used them together more than a couple times.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Vaping with eCigarettes  
Jump to: