Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:52:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Nippon Ichi stuff 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nippon Ichi stuff  (Read 5855 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: July 11, 2009, 08:35:08 AM

I get emails from Nippon Ichi, or more properly NIS, I suppose.  These are attempts to have me buy their products.  This time I see enough interesting things that I wanted to post about them in aggregate.  Well, Atelier Annie would be more interesting if it wasn't on DS, but I'll probably get it anyway since I don't have an Atelier game on DS yet.  Seems that it is typical Atelier but you manage a resort as well, so might be interesting.  Also, I have never crafted items on the toilet.

Another game listed is Sakura Wars, a SRPG which I am instantly suspicious of because of the air/ground combat division.  Yeah, maybe it will be good but I am just naturally suspicious of mechs that change into aircraft... and Idea Factory.  I'm going to have to look through my library to see what Idea Factory did to make them stick in my memory.

I think that I can also mention Phantom Brave has apparently been redone for Wii.  Unfortunately I'm not sure if this means I can recommend it or not.  Phantom Brave is a SRPG rather like Makai Kingdom but less EVIL, so if you like that stuff you might like it.  On the other hand, WIIMOTE, so maybe you want to get an old, original (uglier perhaps) PS2 version from somewhere.  Or Makai Kingdom.  Back on the first hand, though, if you order the Wii version then you will also get the OST with it.

Or Disgaea 3.  You're thinking "Hay fucker, I already have/hate Disgaea 3" but I find that NIS is releasing a patch to put trophies in Disgaea 3.  Unfortunately, and expectedly, you will have to start a new game to get the trophies.  This is how it worked with Uncharted, so shush. The patch will be available July 16, 1pm PST.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 05:48:01 PM

I didn't touch my Disgaea 3 in a long time and when I fired it up today it patched. 'lo, my save files are still working! So I wonder if I got the right patch, anyone might check it for me? I mean download and see if you can use your old save too. The press release clearly states you shouldn't be able to load old save files after the patch.

Still, I can see the trophy list in my ps3 dashboard, so it should be it. And my old saves load. Maybe they are supposed to crash at some point.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 08:03:27 PM

But can you access trophy stuff in-game?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:55:25 AM

I suppose I will need to test this and get back to you.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 06:14:51 PM

Wake me when Dis 3 is on a system other than the PS3.

Its like the only active system I don't own.  And I really don't want one anyhow.

So much like Valkyria Chronicles, it needs to be put on a good system that people actually own.

Kind of looking forward to Sakura Wars.  Itll either be awesome steampunk SRPG robot goodness, or creepy J Datingsim horribleness.

Probably a mix because well.. Japan.  this guy looks legit
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 07:48:29 PM

Anti-PS3 trolling is weak. Disgaea is not. Buy Sony.

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 07:49:47 PM

Wake me when Dis 3 is on a system other than the PS3.

Its like the only active system I don't own.  And I really don't want one anyhow.

So much like Valkyria Chronicles, it needs to be put on a good system that people actually own.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you through that vagina on your face.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 10:30:57 PM

I don't even know what you might be talking about other than a PC version.

About the save files, the saves are converted if you have version 2.10 of Disgaea 3.  The Trophy patch here is v2.20.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 06:56:41 AM

I really wonder.

Anyway everything is working, old and new saves, even though I have no idea of what version I have now.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 08:39:44 AM

You have to pay attention during the patch process.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 10:32:46 AM

Another game listed is Sakura Wars, a SRPG which I am instantly suspicious of because of the air/ground combat division.

After a decade, part of the mech strategy/dating sim/musical theater series comes to America?

I'm... stunned.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 03:45:28 PM

Another game listed is Sakura Wars, a SRPG which I am instantly suspicious of because of the air/ground combat division.

After a decade, part of the mech strategy/dating sim/musical theater series comes to America?

I'm... stunned.

Have you seen the average anime fan?  Its overdue.

Creepy mothafuckas. 

But now we just need the Phantasy Star 1&2 remakes to come out over here.  Almost every other JRPG seems to come out, so why can't Atlus or Nippon Ichi do this for us?

(And more J Wizardry games too plzkthx.)

I mean we even get the Dragon Quest remakes.  (Which are awesome.)

So why not Phantasy Star?
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 03:51:45 PM

Have you seen the average anime fan?  Its overdue.

Creepy mothafuckas.

rolleyes
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 04:00:49 PM

But now we just need the Phantasy Star 1&2 remakes to come out over here.  Almost every other JRPG seems to come out, so why can't Atlus or Nippon Ichi do this for us?

Sega.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 08:34:39 PM

Sega.

Sakura Wars is a Sega franchise Sega never saw fit to release here either.  (I guess they make more money off shitty 3d Sonic games..)

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 06:01:24 AM

Sakura Wars is a Sega franchise

Also RED.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 10:35:38 PM

Let me dream, just a little ok?

Edit: And I apologize for going all console warrior up there.  My bad.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:20:04 AM by Jain Zar »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 01:08:56 AM

Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy is coming August 25, premium version will be $49.95.

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 12:05:28 PM

I've been thinking of getting some older NIS/Atlus stuff.  I recently enjoyed Odin Sphere, Persona 3, and SMT: Devil Summoner.  Is there a preferred place to buy games like these?  I know their distribution in the US is limited, and Gamestop has shit.  I'm just wondering if there's a place where I can confidently buy them online.

AKA Gyoza
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 12:32:47 PM

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 12:35:33 PM

Thanks!

AKA Gyoza
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Nippon Ichi stuff  
Jump to: