Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:33:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Anyone Interested in Moving to Cimmeria? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone Interested in Moving to Cimmeria?  (Read 21438 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: July 08, 2009, 01:16:26 PM

So, with the declining population of Agony, and the fact that Minigames hardly ever pop, and that the ganking seems to in fact be worse on Agony than on Cimmeria, me and two friends are considering rerolling on Cimmeria. Also, due to the fact that people are not scraping for PVP EXP, the ganking and attacking while in the wilderness actually seem less there. And with a lot of the F13 people moving to Wiccana I was thinking maybe we should also move to a more populated PVP server.

Cimmeria is the RP-PVP server. And they do RP there also.

Its really amazing how different the world feels when its full of people.

Is anyone else interested?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 01:24:40 PM

I only just got my box so I'm not tied to Agony.  Not that I know if I will like a PVP server or not, but if I am going to give it a whirl then it does not matter a lot to me.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 01:31:40 PM

You are a real bastard Morfiend.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 01:55:03 PM

You are a real bastard Morfiend.

Hey was just asking. I hardly ever see anyone online in the guild any more, and there is pretty much no one ever around except in Tortage. A few people brought up the idea, so I am was just posting to see if there was any interest.
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 02:32:18 PM

If a majority of people are dissatisfied with the Agony population and want to move I wouldn't be against it, still testing the waters on what class I really want to play fulltime.

Although I imagine some people who've already commited quite a bit to Agony already are going to be a bit reluctant to do this.  (aka have a lvl 40+ character already)
skrigg
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 03:19:43 PM

Fairly new to the forums here but I just wanted to say that over the last 2 days I leveled up 2 classes to 20+ on Cimmeria and I was not ganked once. Saw a lot of people and opportunities but only had a couple pvp encounters that were fairly mutual. So if you are looking for a pvp server with a more decent community, its a good choice, just stay out of global.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 03:27:27 PM

Although I imagine some people who've already commited quite a bit to Agony already are going to be a bit reluctant to do this.  (aka have a lvl 40+ character already)
Or burned their level 50 one-time-deal character.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 03:37:35 PM

Like I said, thats why I posted this, just to see what people thought.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 03:48:03 PM

The low pop isn't bothering me atm, but I'm mostly anti-social as I assume everyone I don't already know is an idiot.
That said I can see the point in wanting people to PVP with if you've chosen a PVP server. I'd reroll rather than transfer since my highest is only mid 20's.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 04:07:50 PM

I got a character up to 48 and played another one that I transferred from 55 to 61 so far.  I can count the number of times someone has tried to gank me on one hand.  Can't say I've tried any of the PVP mini-games, so I can't really speak to that, but ganking seems like a complete non-issue to me.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 09:05:38 AM

I'd be interested. RP-PVP is kind of how I roll anyway. But the lack of gank protection still kind of irks me. Tortage is more fun when you can actually, you know, complete it.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 09:22:38 AM

Funny, that's the server I was on at launch.

If you are not on a PvP server, your not playing AOC.

Anyway, maybe ill install and patch, seeing as how they are offering free time.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 09:28:01 AM

I'd be interested. RP-PVP is kind of how I roll anyway. But the lack of gank protection still kind of irks me. Tortage is more fun when you can actually, you know, complete it.

Going from 1-20 and seeing all the destiny stuff in Tortage can be done without ever PvPing.  Takes a little bit of grinding at times, but you'll actually finish quicker.
1-7:  Kill everything from the starter island until you get to Captain Whatshisname (watch out for de picts! guy at the front gate).  You should be 6 by the time you reach him.  Go from 6 to 7 by killing the L6 panthers on the pathway to the left after loading in from the gate.
7-13:  You should be able to reach this by the Destiny quests alone.  If you havent ding'd 12, go to the boat by the harbor and grind the L12 drunken bullies for a bit during nighttime (don't go to daytime after completing the last destiny quest for this level)
13-15:  All the 'mainland' quests down by the water (skegi's fish, the scorpion/spider cave thing).  There's also a couple that take you back towards Mithrell's Mansion and up the hill to the left next to where Arias stands.
15-18:  Destiny quests
18-20:  Daytime grinding of the L17 drunken bullies at the boat
20:  Exit destiny quest

Boom, you are sent to Khemi, CV, or OT.

Or you can leave Tortage at 16, go to your starter land, ding 20, then go back to Tortage to finish your destiny quests, or go finish up alot of the quests in the Underhalls, White Sands.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 09:35:40 AM

That sounds so inviting for new players.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 10:37:35 AM

That sounds so inviting for new players.

Thats only if you want to completely avoid any possibility of being in a PVP zone. And honestly, its not like the ganking is so bad that if you step foot in a PVP zone you are going to be camped 24/7. You have a much higher probability of running in to someone else questing around your level, and then you get that "im looking at you, you're looking at me" standoff situation. And most times people just go their own ways. Now, ganking does happen, but hey, you get killed, usually res like 30 seconds away, and just go about your business. You dont even lose your buffs if you get killed in PVP.

Still considering this. I would feel bad leaving the guys on Agony, but its really hard playing on a dead server for me. I like MMOs to feel like a world, not a singleplayer game.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 10:56:16 AM

Seems like being a newbie playing a melee character would suck a lot more than it does over on the CB server. I'm not opposed to pvp, it just ends up being more trouble than it's worth most of the time. By the time I get my bearings in AoC, BC will have moved on to the next thing and I'm never interested in mmo enough to do anything beyond BC.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 11:02:55 AM

I'm not opposed to pvp, it just ends up being more trouble than it's worth most of the time. By the time I get my bearings in AoC, BC will have moved on to the next thing and I'm never interested in mmo enough to do anything beyond BC.

I'm similar.  I am going to stick with the pve server since most of the people in BC seem to be fickle, antisocial, or both.  If people planned to group and really engage in group pvp, I'd go to a pvp server.  Having played the pvp WoW server with BC, it's really just playing solo with a silent group channel to ignore. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 11:52:15 AM

Oh, im not trying to persuade anyone to move from the CB server. I'm just saying that people are really blowing the amount of ganking and the difficulty level due to it way out of proportion.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 12:08:52 PM

Having played the pvp WoW server any mmo with BC, it's really just playing solo with a silent group channel to ignore. 
Eh, I'm not a chatter. We did group a little when schedules briefly lined up in EQ2. Well, gimpy and Trag were duoing a lot and I was on occasionally to trio.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 03:42:09 PM

So, a week into this... how's the populations of all the guilds across the servers?  What, we have people on Wiccana, Agony and maybe Cimmeria?

I reinstalled last night, should be running tonight for a bit.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 04:15:59 PM

So, a week into this... how's the populations of all the guilds across the servers?  What, we have people on Wiccana, Agony and maybe Cimmeria?

I reinstalled last night, should be running tonight for a bit.

I usually log on Agony around 9-10 est, and there is 1 or 2 other BC member online. I havent moved to Cimmeria yet, but I am still kicking around the idea. Seems Wiccana has the more stable group of people.

gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 04:40:42 PM

Come to Agony.  Enjoy the Agony.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 07:33:21 PM

Me and two of my friends are going to be making an all Rogue guild on Cimmeria. If more people want in, they are welcome, but right now the idea is to make a very slight RP guild that is based on the Rogue architype.

If any of you guys want to join with thats that would be fine. We are not abandoning Agony, just trying something a little different.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 10:44:19 PM

Speaking for myself, I'd rather just quit than start on another server.  Too much time invested in my two current characters to start over and I'm not paying money to transfer servers.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 11:13:07 PM

I agree with Phildo.  We can up with things to do to entertain ourselves and the minigames seem like a good place to start.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Anyone Interested in Moving to Cimmeria?  
Jump to: