Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:51:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Sov System Speculations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sov System Speculations  (Read 4366 times)
lac
Terracotta Army

on: July 06, 2009, 02:24:50 PM

I wonder how such a densely outposted region will play out in CCP's new sov system this winter.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:24:11 AM by Yoru »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 03:28:04 PM

I was looking at Providence on dotlan and I noticed you could go about 20 jumps and only see three systems without outposts.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:39:04 PM

I wonder how such a densely outposted region will play out in CCP's new sov system this winter.

IMO, if CCP implements any drastic changes (which it certainly sounds like), they will also do a sov. wipe.  Not sure what they'll do with the outposts, though.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 10:09:28 PM

A sov wipe?

Are you serious?

Witty banter not included.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 10:29:06 PM

You'd think they'd have to have *some* kind of transition plan other than "everyone resets to no held space as of downtime on day X. have fun!"  Of course the latter would certainly be entertaining.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 02:40:27 AM

When Yoru gets back to his War thread y'all are in a heap of bother.

I'm intrigued that the stated belief of much of the senior Kenny diaspora is that they just need to keep their heads down for six months and to await the sov changes in order to retake Delve.  What will lose Delve for us is when we alienate our allies and haemorhage our member-base.  For the moment, with Rebellion (Russian TZ), KIA, ZAF, ourselves and the remains of UNL to defend, and with diplomatic contacts elsewhere still strong, it is hard to see what sort of sane sov system would favour Kenny.  I know: CCP are involved, making the "sane" proviso uncertain.  But you get my drift.

Of course, Kenny's leaked forums show their plans to await war between the North, PL, Goonswarm and the non-aluminium-funded Russians before they strike.  But their problem is that people keep drip-feeding us wars to join in on.  IRC/ED at the moment.  Maybe the Curse Coalition, Sc0rched Earth and then Atlas after that.  Perhaps Tri will give GF an excuse to send the Foreign Legion north to help the NC.  And so on...  The best idea for kenny - and I am entirely serious here - would be for AAA to invade Atlas & co and for everyone just to ignore the rest of us.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

When Yoru gets back to his War thread y'all are in a heap of bother.

I'm intrigued that the stated belief of much of the senior Kenny diaspora is that they just need to keep their heads down for six months and to await the sov changes in order to retake Delve.  What will lose Delve for us is when we alienate our allies and haemorhage our member-base.  For the moment, with Rebellion (Russian TZ), KIA, ZAF, ourselves and the remains of UNL to defend, and with diplomatic contacts elsewhere still strong, it is hard to see what sort of sane sov system would favour Kenny.  I know: CCP are involved, making the "sane" proviso uncertain.  But you get my drift.

Of course, Kenny's leaked forums show their plans to await war between the North, PL, Goonswarm and the non-aluminium-funded Russians before they strike.  But their problem is that people keep drip-feeding us wars to join in on.  IRC/ED at the moment.  Maybe the Curse Coalition, Sc0rched Earth and then Atlas after that.  Perhaps Tri will give GF an excuse to send the Foreign Legion north to help the NC.  And so on...  The best idea for kenny - and I am entirely serious here - would be for AAA to invade Atlas & co and for everyone just to ignore the rest of us.

I'm entirely in agreement with you on this.  Kenzoku's problem isn'tt sov mechanics, it's that they are going to get beaten down in their own prime time every single day unless they're able to get -A- + -a-'s buds (stainwagon) to help them.  Until kenzoku either ups their participation (not going to happen) or the gs/nc/pl powerbloc splits up a bit, ken has no chance.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 11:55:32 AM

in b4 Syndicate
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 02:42:26 PM

I'm entirely in agreement with you on this.  Kenzoku's problem isn'tt sov mechanics, it's that they are going to get beaten down in their own prime time every single day unless they're able to get -A- + -a-'s buds (stainwagon) to help them.  Until kenzoku either ups their participation (not going to happen) or the gs/nc/pl powerbloc splits up a bit, ken has no chance.

The wider issue is that Kenzoku have always had either master/slave relationships with their allies, or it was based on realpolitik and not on ties of camaraderie (Goonswarm) or nationalist solidarity (AAA, Stainwagon, ROL etc).

Now that they are no longer in a position of power, their vassal base eroded and they were no longer able to strongarm anyone into doing anything.  So their only refuge is when a major powerbloc's goal lines up with theirs, in the case of -A-.  When that powerbloc's will to fight dries up, they are left out to dry with it.

I guess the only thing left is to put aside the arrogance and find another model on which to attract allies, but the arrogance is so ingrained in their DNA it doesn't seem likely.

Witty banter not included.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 04:30:29 AM

in b4 Syndicate

I'm vaguely proud that I went away on vacation for five days and this is the worst thing that pops up in the WAR thread.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Sov System Speculations  
Jump to: