Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:19:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Kickass Champions Drafting Article 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kickass Champions Drafting Article  (Read 3271 times)
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

on: December 17, 2004, 11:16:42 PM

Since this forum is kinda dead I thought I'd try to generate some discussion.  I finally got my rating above 1700 again, so I'm at least somewhat credible.

This is probably the best article I've seen for drafting all year.  Archetype consideration is what good drafting is all about - a focused deck full of 'bad' cards, like certain aggro decks, will crush a non-focused deck full of good cards.  

I'm a big fan of R/W super aggro.  Any archetype where you can WIN using cards like Lava Spike make me happy.  I've at least made it to the finals every time I've drafted a halfway decent version of it.  R/B aggro can also work, but I like white's tricks better.  

Two random cards that everyone said was decent but I didn't believe it till I saw them in action:  
1. The blue Honden - Initially I thought the price a bit steep, but I've started playing it and I haven't lost a game where I've gotten it on the table.  And I usually suck playing blue in draft.  
2. Uncontrollable Anger - Only good in aggresive decks, but throw it on a houndmaster or Samuri of the Pale Curtain and you tend to win quickly or make them chump block with 2-3 guys.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 08:07:10 PM

The only other people who will post here are me and Schlid.

I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, and Schlid will only post to yell at me.  Or tell you that WoW suxx0rz.

Either way, you're shit outta luck.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 08:09:34 PM

omg. WoW suxx0rz.

that was a good article.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 09:10:52 AM

Thanks Turtle....  will check that out.

Haven't been drafting too much lately,  but W is definitely a power in CFK block.  

I've had some success with the W/B draft,  especially since it seems that R is pretty heavily drafted.

I think any of the Honden's are pretty uber in draft.  The black isn't as good,  but it does keep them clearing their hand so they can't sit on combat tricks.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 09:23:07 PM

Holy shit, I just realized I've been misspelling "Schild" this entire time.  Aw fuck it, your name is Schlid from now on.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Kickass Champions Drafting Article  
Jump to: