Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:59:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: 4th and Long 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4th and Long  (Read 3547 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

on: June 29, 2009, 09:00:01 AM

Anyone watching this?  It's Monday night on Spike and here's the backstory:

Michael Irvin and the Dallas Cowboys grabbed 6 WR and 6 DB's that weren't taken in the draft.  They are going to narrow the field to a single player and take that player onto the Cowboy's 80 man roster (meaning they will likely be cut anyway).  It's an interesting premise and some good training action if you want to relive your football glory days.  It's like a cross between the Vince Papale story and Survivor with a douchebag as the host. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:48:03 AM

Oh, reality TV. When will you ever stop?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 10:05:59 AM

Oh, reality TV. When will you ever stop?

Never.  Cheap to produce and interesting to watch if the premise is good.  

I know you love Top Chef as much as I do/did.   The Contender was also a fav of mine.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 10:51:54 PM

I like this show. Good timing on the thread, it starts in 3 minutes and I'd forgotten about it.

Highlight of last week: the girl in the skirt, black stocking and librarian glasses at the bar.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 12:00:12 PM

For anyone interested, the winner was decided in April but aired last week.

LINK  - caution, sound and video

The background and athletic ability on this guy are amazing (6'3 with a 4.5s 40 yd).  It boggles my mind that guys like this still struggle to make an NFL roster.  Competition is getting absurd. 

-  Mark Twain
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 03:21:31 AM

I figured he was going to be the winner from the first week.

Say what you want about heart and smarts but in the end the NFL is looking for body and athletic talent. Not that he doesn't have heart or smarts, but just in terms of his physical presence he was a cut above the other guys there.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 12:16:47 PM

I agree completely.  He seemed to have the complete package from the start.  Shame he's just going to get cut by the start of the season.  I think Dallas already has like 10 other WR's. 

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: 4th and Long  
Jump to: