Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:10:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Midsummer Fire Festival 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Midsummer Fire Festival  (Read 3301 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

on: June 23, 2009, 12:17:34 AM

This went live yesterday. And while I usually avoid holidays, this one didn't seem as hatefully obnoxious as most of them so I decided I'd try and get all the Achievements.

Running all across the world took kind of a while, but making ~20g per zone wasn't too bad.

Torch Juggling is simple and quick.

Stealing the flames from all the capital cities was cake on my rogue. Doing it tomorrow on my DK may be less so.

All I have left to do is to slay Ahune and farm up enough tokens to buy the Midsummer outfit (blew most of mine on the dancing fire draenei statue DRILLING AND MANLINESS) and I'll be done.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 01:05:27 AM

I'm leveling through a 53 pally right now, and the exp you get from just honouring a fire is not to shabby.  The xp you get from desecrating one is even better.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 03:22:38 AM

Don't forget the pole dancing XP buff!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Xeyi
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 04:16:22 AM

All my alts are currently parked in Silvermoon for the dailies.  They torch tossing and catching are amazingly fast and give pretty decent xp to characters of all levels.
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 12:06:12 PM

I don't normally give a crap about how my character looks, but since I'm now progressing nicely through Uld 10 man with a group containing some real life friends I've started looking for a weapon that would look really nice with the Priest T8 since I really like the look of the set.

Until last night I had totally forgotten about the awesome looking scythe(staff) that Ahune drops, so after being reminded in guild chat of it's impressiveness I went and snatched that up and am now a very happy camper.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 02:00:09 PM

Will of Arlokk is still the ultimate weapon for hanging around town.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 02:18:50 PM

I was just online and saw that Blizz's solution to people who have done the qsts already is to reset the fire quests for all.  That means for a journeyman like me gets to trek around the world and reap in again. Mwahahaha.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 04:26:05 PM

I was just online and saw that Blizz's solution to people who have done the qsts already is to reset the fire quests for all.
Seriously?  I was wondering why I was able to honor the fire again (and make more money at it).  Kind of a stupid thing to do in my opinion...
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 04:27:46 PM

I was just online and saw that Blizz's solution to people who have done the qsts already is to reset the fire quests for all.
Seriously?  I was wondering why I was able to honor the fire again (and make more money at it).  Kind of a stupid thing to do in my opinion...

It was probably the quickest way to fix it, which matters when you're talking about time-limited events that people attach a lot of importance to because of the drake at the end of it all.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 04:33:33 PM

I did almost all of this event last year, so I was pretty much screwed out of the "buy a fire festival 3piece suit and dance" achievement without the reset.

Now I am a Flame Warden!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 05:16:16 PM

I got flame warden on sunday ans I still have the achievement but all those fires contribute to the seeker title so im seriously debating doing them all again.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Midsummer Fire Festival  
Jump to: