Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Yet more War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yet more War  (Read 2708 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

on: June 22, 2009, 04:48:08 PM

I think the time after the Great Wars deserves its own thread, and the old one should be for discussing and relating stories of the Great Wars. I mean come on the War thread is 160 pages long!

So I took the initiative and made a new thread  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 04:58:58 PM

I'll bite.

Red Alliance looks finished with their capital falling to Atlas, Scorched Earth etc. I see Veritas Immortalis are around in Wicked Creek taking sov too. Of course we have all seen Red Alliance fall to one system before but that was then. Has the loss of their sov merely accelerated something that was going to happen in the near future anyway?

I don't think Ethereal Dawn and Intrepid Crossing have much of a future as they certainly look weak at the moment, looking at the various killboards of them losing carriers to Exalted, Red Alliance and other folk.

I'm not so sure about RA, who at least have friends on the way. They're retreating, sure, and they'll very possibly lose most or all of their space before they begin to recover, but I don't rate aggression or scorched earth at all - aggression in particular are exe members that ran not once but twice when things got tough, kenny rats that left the ship and gkc members that were never even good enough for bob to steal - and while atlas are large most are fairweather corps who bailed from delve while the core are tight-knit and cohesive but with a track history of losses that must infect their mindset. And their logistics are doomed to depend on either holding five regions or being friends with all their occupants, including GW.

Of course, if aaa, rol and stain intervene to attack russians and help atlas then RA are in big trouble. But goons need never worry again about evil thug trying to pretend we are the enemy of all russians when we will be the ones defending RA.

You're spot on about ED and IRC, though.

Quoted from the end of the war thread. Wonder if Solar Fleet will lift a finger? Might do if the barbarians come too close to Cache.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 04:13:15 AM

Don't post in a fork just because Sir T has ADD.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 04:13:40 AM

This includes me.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 04:35:15 AM

Posting on the first page of the next 160 pages thread!

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 04:44:30 AM

Title sucks, also seriously put some effort into the OP if you want to start a massive thread post Kenny war thread.  If you can't be bothered why should anyone else?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 05:02:02 AM

Yeah you can't just say "guys guys the thread about war in Eve is quite long let's spin off a new one gogogo" without reason, content or purpose.  The last one is (a) still working perfectly well and (b) too valuable as a history to let it slip off the page and down to oblivion.  I don't think that the board has any limitations that we're approaching nor does it take any extra time to render, so vOv.

Anyway, I'll be posting war updates in the War thread.

Twitter - Endieposts

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 07:22:52 AM

Yeah you can't just say "guys guys the thread about war in Eve is quite long let's spin off a new one gogogo" without reason, content or purpose.  The last one is (a) still working perfectly well and (b) too valuable as a history to let it slip off the page and down to oblivion.  I don't think that the board has any limitations that we're approaching nor does it take any extra time to render, so vOv.

Anyway, I'll be posting war updates in the War thread.

Lock thread?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 07:25:46 AM

Yeah lock it.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Yet more War  
Jump to: