Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Facebook Games - Mafia Wars, et al. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Facebook Games - Mafia Wars, et al.  (Read 100832 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 11:33:03 AM

Which is 100% wrong. You don't have to invite any friends in Ponzi. We have no blockers like that in anything I've worked on. There's an agenda to get extra moneyz if you invite friends, but we don't force it.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 11:34:57 AM

All right, I'll give it another try then.  If it happens again I'll post a screenshot.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 11:36:50 AM

It never happened the first time, so it'd be amazing if it happened again. Ohhhhh, I see.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 11:49:43 AM

So far so good.  Although I did find a quest bug.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 12:30:16 PM

That's the one I found too.  I think it unfucks itself the next time you load the game though.

AKA Gyoza
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 12:59:19 PM

I said that before I knew it was yours.  I didn't realise until Xanthi said something on Facebook!  Good job, you!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 03:21:08 PM

Yeah I see a bit of your style in there. Heh.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 03:58:12 PM

Okay, Ponzi is pretty fun.  And the interface is 100x better than QQ.

I think what I hit last time was a quest asking me to hire a certain number of employees combined with having already hired all the available people combined with a helpful hint telling me that if I was out of regular hires I could "hire" my friends instead, at which point I said ORLY and /blocked.  I must not have noticed that the regular hiring pool would eventually restock itself.

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 07:30:00 PM

Hiring your friends doesn't invite them, I don't think.  It just spams them with a message saying you put them to work.

AKA Gyoza
schild
Administrator

Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 09:23:34 PM

Hiring your friends doesn't invite them, I don't think.  It just spams them with a message saying you put them to work.

Basically.

Samwise, the QQ interface and all that shit was done before I got there. I had nothing to do with those bits at all. Just the text itself.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 11:14:18 PM

That's not really any better.  But it's optional, so my sensibilities aren't offended.  In fact, I went ahead and spammed a bunch of people tonight that I think might dig the game, but only because I wasn't required to.

Samwise, the QQ interface and all that shit was done before I got there. I had nothing to do with those bits at all. Just the text itself.

Oh, I know.  Just saying it was nice of them to give you an actually decent game to work on this time.   awesome, for real
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:16:37 PM by Samwise »

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 10:55:35 AM

Yea I always feel a little guilty (and a little nerdy) when facebook spams my friends.  It's not 'I had sex with your sister' guilt.  But it's kind of like 'I hit up your sister for magazine subscriptions' guilt.

But I have to admit that Ponzi forced me to ignore my psychosis, and I happily spammed them in order to get my level 4 building.  Fuck them if they can't take it.  Except the crazy friends from the far-distant past who I don't want to know I'm on facebook at all for fear of that ominous pm, 'hey call me!.'  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 

AKA Gyoza
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 10:59:26 AM

Yea I always feel a little guilty (and a little nerdy) when facebook spams my friends.  It's not 'I had sex with your sister' guilt.  But it's kind of like 'I hit up your sister for magazine subscriptions' guilt.

But I have to admit that Ponzi forced me to ignore my psychosis, and I happily spammed them in order to get my level 4 building.  Fuck them if they can't take it.  Except the crazy friends from the far-distant past who I don't want to know I'm on facebook at all for fear of that ominous pm, 'hey call me!.'  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 

I did it, too, since it doesn't really do anything but leave a little message.  I'm a selfish bitch.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #48 on: February 04, 2010, 08:55:25 AM

Okay, how do I get a "Dino Lure"?  I have a quest to use one on someone but it doesn't show up in the perk list.  What am I missing?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 09:01:46 AM

I think it just popped up on a perk at some point.  That's one thing that makes this game a tiny bit frustrating - not enough perks.  You can buy them, but I don't.  And something that I find annoying about all these games is that they are all in "beta", even the ones that have been around for quite a while, yet they want you to buy stuff.  It's as if they want to cash in and still have no accountability.  How convenient for them!  This one is still brand new, though, so I'm not as annoyed yet.  Plus I rarely buy anything in any game so they'll just scowl back at me.

Oh, and I dino lured you, didn't I?  Then I made you beautiful again, right? 

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #50 on: February 04, 2010, 09:04:01 AM

I just spent the $10k to clean myself up.   awesome, for real  I wasn't even sure exactly what the dino lure was doing game-wise, but I figured it wasn't good.

edit: Hey, the FAQ answered my question.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:17:44 AM by Samwise »

schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: February 04, 2010, 10:22:20 AM

You get a dino lure as a reward for another agenda item.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 04, 2010, 10:33:50 AM

One of my workers 'smells like pennies.'  I'm pretty sure I know who to thank for that gift.

AKA Gyoza
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #53 on: February 04, 2010, 10:40:35 AM

You get a dino lure as a reward for another agenda item.

Yeah, I think I had it all the time but didn't see it in my perk list because I wasn't looking at my victim's building.  Thanks, FAQ!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #54 on: February 04, 2010, 10:45:46 AM

At least I beautified you after my dino shat all over your building, Sam.   Ohhhhh, I see.

schild
Administrator

Reply #55 on: February 04, 2010, 10:53:33 AM

One of my workers 'smells like pennies.'  I'm pretty sure I know who to thank for that gift.
You're welcome.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #56 on: February 04, 2010, 10:56:01 AM

At least I beautified you after my dino shat all over your building, Sam.   Ohhhhh, I see.

I'll have none of your revisionist history.  I definitely logged on to find a building covered in dino shit and had to beautify it myself.   awesome, for real

Not that it matters.  -10 morale doesn't mean much when you're constantly capped at 125%.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #57 on: February 04, 2010, 11:48:27 AM

I see the snarky side of Schildy all over that game.

schild
Administrator

Reply #58 on: February 04, 2010, 11:54:44 AM

The majority of the later jobs were actually written by the guy sitting next to me as I moved on to other stuff. Up until the 4th or 5th room, I wrote all the item descriptions. The first... 40 jobs were me and one other person. All the employee "descriptions" (I think there are about 100 or 150) are me and a vast majority of the flavor text found throughout as well. I think all the feed stuff has been rewritten but it's all still pretty great.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #59 on: February 04, 2010, 12:03:12 PM

Whoever made the secretary needs to rethink how she walks.  I get cramps in my feet just looking at her! 

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #60 on: February 05, 2010, 09:35:13 PM

Is there another room after the bathroom? If not, make one and have the buyable character be the game's mascot girl.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: February 07, 2010, 09:59:41 AM

Damn, these things are addicting.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #62 on: February 07, 2010, 02:12:18 PM

Is there another room after the bathroom? If not, make one and have the buyable character be the game's mascot girl.
I like this and am suggesting it. Content takes time, well - really - art and animation takes lots of time.

Damn, these things are addicting.

Great way to pass time at work, imo.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 07, 2010, 11:26:42 PM

Good for passing time in class, too.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #64 on: February 08, 2010, 06:38:24 AM

Yeah, but somehow I think Schild can't get sacked for playing this particular game at work.  And he won't flunk anything, either.  He might even get a raise if he plays well enough!

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: February 08, 2010, 02:17:33 PM

Question about Ponzi: how do I send perks to other people? Specifically, I'm trying the Donut Delivery one, where I have to send someone donuts, but I don't see a button or anything to send donuts to people.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #66 on: February 08, 2010, 02:26:43 PM

You have to click on their name to go to their building and use the perk there. 

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: February 08, 2010, 02:30:20 PM

Ahh ok; guess I'm SOL because none of my friends have accepted my attempts at hiring them.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #68 on: February 08, 2010, 06:07:42 PM

You can add me, if you like, so you can at least try out the perks.  I don't have many people playing, either, and I'm nearly always at the bottom of the bunch so even some bad perks won't bother me.  It's the most fun facebook game I've played so far.  It's Signe Salamander.  I'm really Signe but the Salamander is a red herring. 

Oh dear.  I think I might have just had a Sky moment.   

Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

Reply #69 on: February 16, 2010, 02:18:26 PM

You can rotate those fences and stuff on Island Life now... as of a while ago actually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Facebook Games - Mafia Wars, et al.  
Jump to: