Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:19:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Peace 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Peace  (Read 5801 times)
amiable
Terracotta Army

on: June 16, 2009, 01:56:16 PM

So.... now that Kenny is evaccing and the end looks probable (although watch me eat my words)....  What's up next in the EvE universe.  PL will enevitably reset, but what about everyone else?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:13:12 PM

Are you missing the Giant block of Russians and allies sharing a long border with Goonswarm, both of whom hate each other?  Kenny hasn't actually had any importance or any effect on the world of Eve for months and months now.  Nothing at all changes, even if they really do just disband in a puff of smoke.

In short, everybody will continue to fight who they are currently fighting.  Nothing changes.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 02:16:18 PM

So.... now that Kenny is evaccing and the end looks probable (although watch me eat my words)....  What's up next in the EvE universe.  PL will enevitably reset, but what about everyone else?

You'll learn to spell inevitably?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 02:19:56 PM

There's nothing inevitable about that.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 03:03:41 PM

It's quite evitable, in fact.

Witty banter not included.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 03:27:45 PM

We're gonna invade Catch and capture FAT  awesome, for real
(Not really).

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 03:30:08 PM

Kinda makes me wish I hadn't firesold my last few ships in Catch.  I do still have a Brutix in F4R, though!
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 03:39:01 PM

The next thing will be Kenny and friends invading Delve again thinking they accomplished some HUGE deception.   awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 04:56:02 PM

True Russians continue to skirmish with ASSCAKES in the bottom right. Something is probably going on in the drone regions, but heaven only knows what.

I guess AAA might get expansionary again if they gain corps from Kenny. And it seems utterly ridiculous that Atlas retains space. But it is hard to see the map changing much for a while.

In the meantime, the end of space history is already starting to hit prices and profit margins in 0.0.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 03:19:31 AM

I doubt it.
nizar
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 09:04:35 AM

Peace means a Goon Civil War erupts over the leadership of LoveU and an explosion of drama turns into the fulminations of a million rifters.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 09:09:16 AM

Peace means a Goon Civil War erupts over the leadership of LoveU and an explosion of drama turns into the fulminations of a million rifters.

Unfortunately a drunken poster crying that LoveU is being productive and wanting to be put in charge for no good reason won't result in much of a Civil War.  Hopefully something else turns up somewhere to keep us entertained until we get invaded again.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 12:31:20 PM

Yeah if we're to feed the need for drama it'll take massive thefts, offlined towers, stolen titan funds or director genitalia.  A drunkposter turning up years after he last did anything, complaining that LoveU is effective, turn up to fleets and don't steal from each other like they used to, then calling out the directorate over it is really not going to cut it.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 01:15:51 PM

People sure can stretch while finding things to bitch about.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 02:01:48 PM

That f13 thread in TWR is wonderful.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 02:19:55 PM

Seriously, you lot should just get Bat Country invited in and let Lenny, Kadmoran & co. have LOVEU.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 03:02:19 PM

To quote someone from recent history.

"I believe it is peace for our time."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 03:05:05 PM

To quote someone from recent history.

"I believe it is peace for our time."

Heh.  Nice ironic foreshadowing.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 12:06:15 AM

Is it really the end?   So strange...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Peace  
Jump to: