Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 11:03:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Hung 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hung  (Read 13956 times)
Viin
Terracotta Army

on: June 14, 2009, 08:14:55 PM

New HBO show, starts June 28th.

http://www.hbo.com/events/hung/

- Viin
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 10:46:23 PM

That is going to be awesome.
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 11:53:33 PM

I really thought that was Christoper Lambert when I saw the commercial.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 01:04:09 AM

Nope, it's Lambert's more talented twin. Glad he's still working! He's been making some Lambert like flicks lately.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 01:16:39 AM

Speaking of, he has enough chops to probably pull of some crazy HBO role and it's probably the best place for him. He just doesn't seem to... well... care.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:55:59 AM

Oh this looks like it could be good.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 12:01:01 PM

Speaking of, he has enough chops to probably pull of some crazy HBO role and it's probably the best place for him. He just doesn't seem to... well... care.

Apparently he's had like a couple DUIs last year or something.. sounds like some dude who really doesn't care, spiraling down. Or maybe he does now. I liked his newfound Lambert direction though in a way. I'd take a Martian Chronicles sequel. That was Bruce Campbell level of cheesyness awesome, for real

But yeah, this could be good like Californication maybe.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 03:23:30 PM

But yeah, this could be good like Californication maybe.

As long as they don't decide the women should be extras from a Deuce Bigelow casting call, I agree.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 11:25:46 AM

Anyone catch this yet? Aired last night, but I haven't watched the recording yet.

- Viin
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 02:53:40 PM

It's okay, not quite what I expected.  I would rank it below Breaking Bad, which is probably what it'll be compared to since it's another fall from grace series.  I won't be too harsh on the casting choices they made for the kids, but it seems they went for realism.  More real than real.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 03:24:17 PM

Really slow start to the series, I hope it picks up in the next episode.

Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 05:46:16 PM

The skinny couple having a pair of fat twins is just odd, it seems out of place.  The pilot left a lot to be desired, if it doesn't pick up a great deal by the next episode I'm just writing it off.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 10:53:29 PM

Yeah, it wasn't great. Slow paced, rather dull. The first episode was purely setup and I'm not sure a show like this is complicated enough to require a lot of setup.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 01:15:47 PM

Do I want to know why it's called "Hung"?  Probably not, huh?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 01:20:26 PM

Do I want to know why it's called "Hung"?  Probably not, huh?

Penis.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 02:04:26 PM

Considering I've always felt a bit maternal towards you, I would really rather you didn't say words like penis anymore, Paelos!  Pee Pee, Tinkerbell, even Magic Twanger - just not penis!

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 02:10:08 PM

Signe, under what circumstances have you witnessed a penis 'twang', magically or otherwise.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 02:11:23 PM

Considering I've always felt a bit maternal towards you, I would really rather you didn't say words like penis anymore, Paelos!  Pee Pee, Tinkerbell, even Magic Twanger - just not penis!

Ok, Thingy.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 03:03:41 PM

Signe, under what circumstances have you witnessed a penis 'twang', magically or otherwise.

Never!  My sister used to call them that.  I think I'll go hang out in the dead celeb thread now.   ACK!

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 05:03:10 PM

Never!  My sister used to call them that. 

Why were you and your sister around so many cocks together?

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 05:11:20 PM

Never!  My sister used to call them that. 

Why were you and your sister around so many cocks together?

And does Righ possess any photographic evidence of such events?

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 11:23:36 PM

That was just so bland and boring. Like the main character, I guess the show is trying to reflect how much it isn't particularly funny, smart, charming, or interesting.

But even the worst pilot gets a few mercy views, just to see if the pace picks up.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 03:30:12 PM

Episode two was even more bland and boring.

Too bad.

ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 12:35:33 AM

Episode two was better than the first, and I hope that's not just the Olde English speaking.

The kids are, still, just annoying and repulsive. The less they are in it, the better.
When I see the ex-wife, I find it hard not to thing that she should have been played by someone like Hope davis

Like the children, and everyone else actually, I find the principal character just a bit too annoying, whiny, and weak for my tastes.

On a positive note, I was pleased to recognize the beginning of My dick by Mickey Avalon(NSFW, Youtube song) as the ending came up.

I feel like this show has such great potential for comedy either outright or from awkwardness, but it doesn't really use any of this. Is this a choice that is simply flying above my head because of its dryness/subtlety, or is it just poorly done?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:59:14 AM by ashrik »
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 05:07:45 AM

It is just poorly done.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 08:04:01 AM

The song at the end was the best part.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 08:34:27 AM

I can't get over how repulsive his kids are. It makes me feel shallow that I even care but they don't even have engaging personalities to make up for the ugliness.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 09:12:49 AM

I've liked it well enough to keep watching. The fact it's only 30 minutes helped.

WayAbvPar

Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 12:04:39 PM

Happened to stumble onto this and watched the 2nd ep. Agreed that the kids are FUGLY. I am usually an Anne Heche fan but she seems wasted here. They need to ramp up the gratuitous nudity a great deal.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 12:49:20 PM

Being that the show revolves around Thomas Jane's mythologically large cock, I'd say be careful what you wish for.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 03:14:47 PM

This is a strange series. What spin did they aim for when making a show about an extremely well-hung man?

"I have this idea for a show, it's about an average joe in his mid thirties with a very large penis."
"...and?"
"Imagine the angles you can get by having a well-hung lead."
"You're aware this is HBO? We show penises of all sizes in our shows already."
"But this one is huge! Huge I tell you!"
"Wait, you're are going to try to get yourself cast as lead, aren't you?"
"Errr, no, of course not, we'll cast some believable.. like Thomas Jane."
"Notoriously well-hung?"
"God no, but we can fix that with CGI if we have to. Believable because like the character he hasn't been relevant since his freshman years."
"So we're making a show about a very large computer-generated penis attached to a second-rate actor. What could possibly go wrong?"

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 20, 2009, 08:03:14 AM

I've really enjoyed this series so far. Episode 3 was pretty damn good and they really set up the next episode well with him leaving a little message for his neighbor's wife using lyric bread.  awesome, for real
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 06:07:59 PM

Really? I thought the second episode was an improvement but the third was awful.

Basically nothing happened. And how in a show about a male prostitute do you not incorporate any hot chicks or nudity?

I'm not the kind of person who will watch anything on premium TV if it has boobies but in this case the lack of nudity runs counter to the show. It's like they can't decide if it's some family drama, a comedy, a sex comedy or what.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 07:12:21 PM

I'm just waiting for them to really fuck up and break out the naked old fat broads.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 26, 2009, 11:34:19 PM

I'm just waiting for them to really fuck up and break out the naked old fat broads.

They sort of did tonight, but they didn't show anything. Tonight's episode was really good.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Hung  
Jump to: