Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Royal Pains 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Royal Pains  (Read 1444 times)
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

on: June 12, 2009, 02:07:41 AM

New USA series, and they hit it out of the park.  Young idealistic doctor saves an inner-city youth's life while simultaneously ignoring the routine operation on a billionaire hospital trustee.  Things go horribly wrong, trustee dies, and doctor is blacklisted by every hospital..everywhere apparently.

His brother takes him on a weekend trip to the Hamptons where he suddenly finds himself a "concierge doctor" for the rich, living in a guest house that would make you cry of a billionaire whose castle would make baby jesus cry.

Awesome fucking show, I was ecstatic that Burn Notice was back, and Royal Pains following it is just icing on the cake.  Fuck yeah USA, thanks for making Thursdays so awesome.

Edit: It looks like they might be trying to go House with it, which would be a huge mistake, they need to keep it funny and zany, not mystery illness of the week.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 07:22:00 AM

Gee.  I just watched an episode of this show and I thought it was terrible.  Especially the brother who acts like a 16 year old idiot and the two 16 year old idiots who act like 30 year old wine snobs.  And the acting is mostly just awful.  I don't get what's good about this show.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 07:32:34 AM

My wife and I watched the pilot and thought it was interesting enough to throw on the DVR. We haven't watched last night's show yet.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 08:52:46 AM

I liked the Pilot episode. Muddled through the second episode, could not even get halfway through the third.

The increasing focus on the brother's little side schtick was not there, I could probably watch the show. As it stands I don't think I am even going to bother finishing watching the second episode or watching any new ones that come out.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 07:18:02 AM

Characters welcome on USA, but Royal Pains brought a bland forgettable one. Unfortunate. The pilot had potential.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Royal Pains  
Jump to: