Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:18:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Cute Pictures thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 91 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cute Pictures thread  (Read 1012149 times)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #105 on: June 18, 2009, 07:47:21 PM

Our new puppy. Just picked her up today!
Yeah well she's cute now but when she grows up she'll be... an adorable happy golden (retreiver/lab?).
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #106 on: June 18, 2009, 08:15:02 PM

Our new puppy. Just picked her up today!
Yeah well she's cute now but when she grows up she'll be... an adorable happy golden (retreiver/lab?).

She is a mix, so we didn't pay a bunch as speculated above. Her father is pure-bread Golden and her mother is Labrador Retriever with some Alaskan Husky in her.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #107 on: June 18, 2009, 09:42:04 PM

Looks just like a golden puppy.  I'd never have guessed there was a mix involved.  Beautiful pup regardless.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #108 on: June 18, 2009, 09:48:00 PM

Ya, she is a beaut. Seems to be quite mellow too. One of her sisters was a short-hair that looked just like a yellow/white lab so it's always interesting to see how the genes pop out.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: June 19, 2009, 04:26:14 AM

That's one beautiful puppy

Furry stuff is never cute.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #110 on: June 19, 2009, 11:08:00 AM

One of our pugs, Muggsy, when she was still a runt.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #111 on: June 19, 2009, 03:26:03 PM

Pugs crack me up. I didn't used to think they were cute in the least until I met a few, their personalities up the cute factor by a zillion.

Wombats!

God Save the Horn Players
schild
Administrator

Reply #112 on: June 19, 2009, 03:31:27 PM

I didn't used to think they were cute in the least until I met a few, their personalities up the cute factor by a zillion.

They need the personality to make up for the fact they're wall-eyed ugly freaks.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #113 on: June 19, 2009, 03:58:53 PM

I don't deny it, yo.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #114 on: June 19, 2009, 05:22:09 PM

One of my grandfathers was wall-eyed, had cauliflower ears and was punchy.  He was a pug, too.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #115 on: June 19, 2009, 06:24:33 PM

My brother has a pug thanks to an ex girlfriend.  Fucking annoying, hyper as shit dog that won't stand still. If that's a typical pug's personality I can understand the impulse some people have to turn them into footballs.

While I'm not a dog person, per se, Mutts have always struck me as better dogs than any purebloods I've come across.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #116 on: June 19, 2009, 07:04:59 PM

That's actually abnormal from every pug I and people I know have had over the years.  Though the one I showed above is a cross between a pug and a crack addict, we have another pug that's more typical and just sorta mimics a snoring pillow most of the time.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #117 on: June 20, 2009, 02:52:40 PM

My brother has a pug thanks to an ex girlfriend.  Fucking annoying, hyper as shit dog that won't stand still. If that's a typical pug's personality I can understand the impulse some people have to turn them into footballs.

While I'm not a dog person, per se, Mutts have always struck me as better dogs than any purebloods I've come across.

Mostly because of breeding habits for keeping a breed pure. There's a tendency for purebloods to turn out less intelligent or with some.. qualities to them.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: June 21, 2009, 08:40:28 AM

That's actually abnormal from every pug I and people I know have had over the years. 

Not for the ones I have met.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #119 on: June 22, 2009, 12:04:01 AM

The pugs I've met were of the friendly snoring pillow variety, with one being dumb in an amusing way (partly because it would do something dumb, like eat a rock to see if it was food, and the person watching her would swear about how stupid the pug was). The other ones I've met didn't strike me as particularly dumb, but not winning any Genius Dog of the Year awards either.

These are MY favorite dog:

Their main drawback is that they don't live very long. Which is a pretty awful drawback. :(

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: June 22, 2009, 06:10:48 AM

That's a Bernese, isn't it? 

My friend owns them like a religion (great for hiking in the rockies).  He's had them live as long as 14 years... which is amazing for the breed.  Then again, he treats them like they were his children. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #121 on: June 22, 2009, 06:47:46 AM

Yep, bernese mountain dogs. I loooooove them. They're big and sweet and sit on your feet when you're petting them so you can't get away. Fourteen years IS really great for that breed, I'm glad he's had some long-lived ones.

Ingmar prefers newfies, but the Drool Factor on them is way higher and I have a hard time getting past that. Otherwise I love those big suckers too.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #122 on: June 22, 2009, 06:59:15 AM

I know someone with a Burnese, and it is one of the friendliest dogs I've ever met. It's a challenge staying standing if he decides to lean in to you when you are petting him.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #123 on: June 22, 2009, 09:20:38 AM

Baby caracal! The coeurl DOES exist!

Grown-up:

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: June 22, 2009, 09:25:21 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #125 on: June 22, 2009, 10:01:41 AM

Ingmar prefers newfies, but the Drool Factor on them is way higher and I have a hard time getting past that. Otherwise I love those big suckers too.

My family likes the newfies and has had quite a few.  Dry-mouthed ones do exist, and are highly sought after.  The drooly ones are okay only as long as they're trained not to slime you; otherwise you can pretty much give up on ever having clean clothes ever again.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: June 22, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

Having owned a St. Bernard, everyone always asked about the drool.  Drool is almost never an issue, unless it's due to exercise (which I hope is being done outdoors), and drinking which I also advise be done outside.  That is not to say that we didn't find some drool on our ceiling, but it was never the issue that most people made it out to be.  Hair, on the other hand is a fucking nightmare.  We went through 5 vacuum cleaners in 6 years - this includes the so-called "pet vacuums".

Posted this pic before in another thread, but definitely qualifies as cute.....

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #127 on: June 22, 2009, 11:36:36 AM

My friend has a shorthair St. Bernard named Maizy. She is such a dainty lady of a dog, despite her size - it's so cute how she sits up all prim with her front legs crossed like she is a tiny lap dog of the queen.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: June 22, 2009, 04:06:39 PM

Yeah, dealing with a Saint just after it's had a drink of water - game over for staying clean and dry.  But most of the time?  It wasn't a big deal unless we were trying to vet the girls visiting my brothers.  If they couldn't handle a little drool or a big moose of a dog thinking he fits on your lap - they wouldn't fit in with our family.  Saints are absolutely lovable big babies, and I still kind of miss having one.  As Bandit said though - fur is a nightmare!  My Golden isn't too much better, but then again, I have a baby cow of a dog (105lbs.)

Bandit - that pic brings back so many memories of my baby growing up.  He's adorable!   Heart

Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: June 22, 2009, 09:16:13 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #130 on: June 22, 2009, 09:24:06 PM

Constantly interrupting with the treats kind of ruins it.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #131 on: June 23, 2009, 02:02:58 AM

We went through 5 vacuum cleaners in 6 years - this includes the so-called "pet vacuums".

Use industrial vacuum cleaners, much more reliable because they were built to collect anything from dust to small pieces of metal
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #132 on: June 23, 2009, 08:02:58 AM

The Dyson DC28, which is intended for houses with pets, is getting really good reviews.  I only have two cats and my Dyson DC25 is awesome.  It would probably be fine for your pet hair, too, if you don't mind emptying it often.  Nothing sucks like a Dyson - really - in a good way.  And it's very consistent.  You can adjust the suction on the DC28 so it won't ruin your carpets (if you have any) like an industrial vacuum can, sometimes.  We rent a townhouse and I know that the carpets we have in some of the rooms would not stand up to the pull of many industrial vacuums (I owned one years ago).  Only problem with Dyson is that they can be expensive although I suppose it's not as expensive as buying a new vacuum cleaner every year.  The DC28 is about $600, I think.  My sister has a Miele which is also very good with pet hair.  It's even more pricey than the Dysons, though.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #133 on: June 23, 2009, 10:11:25 AM

We have the Dyson DC14 Animal Bagless model and it's great, even without using the special pet hair attachment. It has the variable settings for carpet knap too (though we use ours on the hardwoods as well). I *just* found out that the bagless tank thingy can be separated from the filter and rinsed out, after owning it for almost three years.  swamp poop

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #134 on: June 23, 2009, 10:35:43 AM

Dysons are great but I am unwilling to spend $500 on a vacuum. What kind of industrial cleaners do you recommend? I wonder if consumerreports reviews any of them... I actually need to buy a new cleaner. This isn't cute though the cats that I clean up after are cute.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:38:09 AM by bhodi »
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #135 on: June 23, 2009, 10:42:08 AM

We have this Dirt Devil handheld shampooer that is okay for cleaning up puke stains.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #136 on: June 23, 2009, 12:05:26 PM

We have a Dyson too. It handles the pet hair better than the Sjofn hair though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #137 on: June 23, 2009, 01:10:30 PM

Yeah, I have trouble with Righ hair too and my own to a much lesser extent.  Righ has extremely long hair and it wraps around the roller.  I don't shed quite as much as Righ and the kitties.  I vacuum a lot!

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #138 on: June 23, 2009, 01:15:32 PM

Yeah, I have trouble with Righ hair too and my own to a much lesser extent.  Righ has extremely long hair and it wraps around the roller.

Why are you vacuuming his head?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: June 23, 2009, 01:28:52 PM

Yeah, I have trouble with Righ hair too and my own to a much lesser extent.  Righ has extremely long hair and it wraps around the roller.

Why are you vacuuming his head?

Are you sure you want the answer?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 91 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Cute Pictures thread  
Jump to: