Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:59:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Neverwinter Nights Online. (Cryptic Studios) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights Online. (Cryptic Studios)  (Read 398733 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1260 on: February 06, 2014, 11:02:02 AM

So far it's not a bother, but I'm under two hours and only understand 30% of what I see anyway.  Maybe I'll win my own rust monster one day!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1261 on: February 06, 2014, 12:32:05 PM

What kind of d&d player would want to be anywhere near a rust monster, much less have one follow them around?! All that gear... lost in time... like tears in rain. ACK!

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1262 on: February 06, 2014, 01:11:48 PM

A Druid.

Or someone who very consciously didn't wear any metal.  And didn't care about coinage.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1263 on: February 06, 2014, 01:47:30 PM

Or someone who likes the ribbed corkscrew tail.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #1264 on: February 06, 2014, 04:35:52 PM

What kind of d&d player would want to be anywhere near a rust monster, much less have one follow them around?! All that gear... lost in time... like tears in rain. ACK!
The story is that like most F2P games, they drop lockboxes and sell keys in the cash store. Lockboxes can contain companions and mounts. Every time ANYONE IN THE ENTIRE GAME wins one, it spams every player IN THE ENTIRE GAME in 60 point type right in the middle of the screen. It spams in whatever language that player is localized too, so you get to see french and german notices that some asshole won a giant turtle mount or whatever. This happens 5-10 times per minute. Hundreds of threads have been posted complaining about this. They don't give a shit.

Beyond that, great game, though.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:37:55 PM by sam, an eggplant »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1265 on: February 06, 2014, 04:56:16 PM

Does it vib... nevermind. embarassed

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #1266 on: February 06, 2014, 06:07:23 PM

Does it vib... nevermind. embarassed

Yes.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1267 on: February 13, 2014, 09:19:24 AM

I'm like a vegan but with metal instead of whatever vegans don't like.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1268 on: May 13, 2014, 04:19:49 PM

New Icewind Dale module is now live. 
http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5003383-module-3%3A-curse-of-icewind-dale-is-now-live!

I wish other games would copy the combat from this (minus standing still to cast and with a few more skills available to use) because probably is the most fun I've played in an MMO.  The rest of the game could still use a lot of work.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1269 on: May 13, 2014, 11:44:36 PM

When there are at least three more class options I look forward to trying to get together a static to play this.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1270 on: May 14, 2014, 02:28:01 AM

I wish other games would copy the combat from this (minus standing still to cast and with a few more skills available to use) because probably is the most fun I've played in an MMO.  The rest of the game could still use a lot of work.

Neverwinter's combat is the slower and less polsihed version of TERA's combat, but I couldn't agree more with you that MMOs need more of this. Sadly, TESO tried the same thing with unimpressive results, and Wildstar took a step back by allowing autofacing if you ask me. In this department, I am looking forward to Blade & Soul and Black Desert, hoping they'll deliver.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1271 on: May 14, 2014, 08:39:36 AM

When there are at least three more class options I look forward to trying to get together a static to play this.

I've been waiting for an MMO with a monk class for a long time, if this doesn't deliver soon i'll have to wait for EQNext.

I am the .00000001428%
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1272 on: May 14, 2014, 11:30:00 AM

I don't know what their problem is. They are copying from 4th Edition which has lots of minor variations of sub-classes but they are moving a glacial pace in terms of adding more skill tree/options/classes. Its frustrating to say the least.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1273 on: August 14, 2014, 04:42:20 PM

New content module, Tyranny of Dragons, is now live.  Biggest new features are a new race, Dragonborn, and new class, Scourge Warlock.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6008543
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #1274 on: August 15, 2014, 11:26:36 AM

New Dragonborn race can be unlocked for the low price of $75 ($100 after the "sale" ends).

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/495-dragonborn-legend-pack
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #1275 on: August 15, 2014, 01:30:53 PM

I played this for a while and tried to like it. It had already been out for a while and there didn't seem to be much going on in the way adding stuff. I also didn't like the way everyone of each class has the same looking gear regardless of what it was. It was also the very definition of nickel and diming you with RMT.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1276 on: August 16, 2014, 04:19:42 AM

I played this for a while and tried to like it. It had already been out for a while and there didn't seem to be much going on in the way adding stuff. I also didn't like the way everyone of each class has the same looking gear regardless of what it was. It was also the very definition of nickel and diming you with RMT.

Those are pretty similar to my complaints. The best way I can describe it is that it feels VERY much like a F2P MMO. Somewhat generic, lots of nickel and diming, and nothing that really stands out.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1277 on: August 20, 2014, 02:45:04 AM

I didn't even get that far.  I signed up, downloaded the client, played for literally ten minutes and saw my whole game experience in WoW or LoTRO repeating itself as if it were just a reskin of some Platonic Form of an MMO.

At that point I logged off and never came back.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1278 on: August 20, 2014, 07:04:42 AM

An Endie sighting!

I don't really understand Warlocks in a 4th Edition setting.  They had a purpose in 3rd Edition where you made a trade-off of versatility against always-available abilities.  Here they're just a goth-mage.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1279 on: August 20, 2014, 08:05:40 AM

Pretty much everything in 4th edition is just a flavor difference like that.  The move to "powers" for every class homogenized things.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1280 on: August 21, 2014, 03:40:38 AM

An Endie sighting!

I've never really been inactive per se, but I withdrew into the eve subforums.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1281 on: August 21, 2014, 06:34:33 AM

It's like when your hermit of a neighbor leaves the apartment long enough to be reminded they're still around.  You knew they were there all along, but you're still surprised. Grin

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1282 on: August 02, 2015, 06:48:38 PM

I case anyone is interested, and judging by the last post here being almost a year ago probably not, there's a double xp and astral diamond event going on now.  Double AD event is almost over, ending tomorrow at 10 am PDT, while the double xp event goes until 11 Aug. at 10 am PDT.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9482133
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1283 on: August 02, 2015, 08:44:14 PM

Neverwinter is such an odd game for me.

I played it pretty heavily for a few months (steam says I have like 220+ hours), then I was away from my computer for a couple of days and I just never really logged back in. I've tried to pick it back up again a few times now, I still find the combat fun and the game looks and runs well enough... but I never seem to click with it anymore. There was no event or change to the game that made me go 'fuck this, I'm out'. I just stopped playing for no real reason.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1284 on: August 03, 2015, 12:45:23 AM

Neverwinter is such an odd game for me.

I played it pretty heavily for a few months (steam says I have like 220+ hours), then I was away from my computer for a couple of days and I just never really logged back in. I've tried to pick it back up again a few times now, I still find the combat fun and the game looks and runs well enough... but I never seem to click with it anymore. There was no event or change to the game that made me go 'fuck this, I'm out'. I just stopped playing for no real reason.

Yeah, same here.  I still have it installed and use to play it quite a bit but I suddenly stopped and rarely go back.  I did manage to take my GWF from 24 to 60 the past 2 days thanks to the double xp.  GWF are much more fun later on than they are at the beginning.  Not fun enough to get to 70, though.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1285 on: August 03, 2015, 02:47:40 PM

I played it on a double Xp week or what have you. Got a character up to 60 and then slapped myself across the face and said 'why the fuck did you do that'. The zone and quest design being so on the rails that no amount of fun combat could make up for it. This game was horrible and I feel dirty for enjoying it even for a couple of days.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #1286 on: August 03, 2015, 11:14:49 PM

I got tired of the grinding and the boss fights were just too long. That stupid giant aboleth thing took forever.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1287 on: August 04, 2015, 04:03:50 PM

I downloaded this, made a Halfling Rogue, spent 10 minutes on a Beach wondering what I was doing with my life and logged off. The animation quality was so bad and I appeared to be floating above the terrain. I really ought to give it another try because those are hardly valid reasons to shit on an entire game, but it didn't exactly instill me with confidence about the overall experience. UI seemed funky, too. Not Tera-funky, but Tera's UI counts as some sort of level of Hell.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1288 on: August 04, 2015, 05:21:10 PM

Neverwinter was like a Big Gulp to me:

*Slurp*  Ah!  refreshing!
*Sluuurp*  Whew!  Man, this is a lot of carbonated beverage*
*Sl....sl...slurp*  Geh.  Feh.  God I'm sick, but there's still some left, waste to throw it away, gotta get my money's worth
*Sl...*  No, I'm fucking done, my gut is sloshing around.  Jesus I need to lie down.
*Diabetes intensifies*
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1289 on: August 05, 2015, 01:49:05 AM

Why is it so hard for people to make the RPG experience digitally ?

Why ?

WHY ??!

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1290 on: August 05, 2015, 04:44:48 AM

Because the RPG experience non-digitally relies on the imagination of the DM and players to prevent things like "grinding," to allow players to go anywhere and do anything ("hmm, you want to run up that wall, jump over the bad guy, land behind him and stab?... ok well, start with a climb check"), and basically to do everything that the digital RPGs end up not doing very well. 

That's one of the reasons I liked Neverwinter Nights so much though, the DM client was an amazing part of the game, as were all the extensions the community made for it to replicate as many "real world" DM functions as possible.  I was convinced at the time that the DM client was basically the future of computer RPGs because it let you more closely replicate D&D.  Boy is my face red over that prediction.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1291 on: August 05, 2015, 04:49:56 AM

Yeah, you pretty much wrote exactly what was in my head.  I loved the promise of NWN and the Aurora and it only need a small jump to 'get there'.

Yet, I'm casting about for a good D&D fix and there's fuck all anywhere.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1292 on: August 05, 2015, 11:21:36 AM

Why was there never a 4E computer RPG? I still play ToEE occasionally. What a great 3ed implementation.

I have never played WoW.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1293 on: August 05, 2015, 11:49:42 AM

The combat was brilliant, but it wasn't exactly breaking the mould anywhere else.

Also, bugs.  Jesus Christ, so many bugs.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1294 on: August 08, 2015, 11:12:56 AM

On this note, I'm suddenly finding out about Sword Coast Legends;  It looks rather nice.  Did I miss a thread ?

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Neverwinter Nights Online. (Cryptic Studios)  
Jump to: