Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:53:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Wild Guns 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wild Guns  (Read 2663 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: June 08, 2009, 12:47:14 AM

http://www.wildguns.co.uk/?kid=2-12706-11506-0809-2090816f

It's setup like Travian only in the Wild West.  Made by Gameforge of course (kings age, ikariam, ogame, etc. etc.).  Most of their stuff is pretty good, but if this is like Travian I probably wont play it.  I'm going to try it out tomorrow when I find some time between all the other damned pbbgs I've picked up lately.  I know some of us have been bitching about some faults in The West's gameplay, so maybe this picks up the slack.  Doubtful if it's like Travian.  Definitely more crunch in this title though; if you like crunch.

In the arid desert, where the sun mercilessly beats down, a war is raging between pale-faces, redskins and Vaqueros!

Playing as cowboys, Indians or Mexicans, hundreds of thousands of gamers try to build a flourishing township. Finding raw materials,settling new territories, conquering other townships and defending one‘s own – only those who act with skill can stand their ground in the desert!

WildGuns will win you over with its well-balanced mix of fighting, trade and diplomacy. The gamers can choose for themselves which strategy will lead them to riches and renown.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 01:20:34 AM

I'm honestly surprised there's so many games cloning the tribal-wars model (with minimal changes). I figure i'll play one (KingsAge, since at least the artwork is decent), game till I get steamrollered, and then just write off the whole lot.

The West and Estiah I like because PvP isn't crippling, is somewhat co-operative, I'm controlling one detailed PC rather than thousands of disposable cannon-fodder and the development is a bit more strategic. Wish they'd do more games like that.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:51:26 PM

Playing with it a bit as a Roman...er, Mexican; It's very much a re-skinned and clunkier Travian.

Well, there are a few differences, at least in the text:

Ay, caramba!
Juan has been fooling around in the haystack with Frederique again. This has to stop!

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Wild Guns  
Jump to: